300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c0reya View Post
    Can anyone that went to Detroit for the VBT tell me if they were sent home after or did they get the Structured Interview right after.
    I had the interview right after

Comment

• Poly + Detroit PFT2

Originally posted by hangman View Post
      I know CBP has until Jan 1, 2013 to start polygraphing all applicants but I heard a rumor that all Southwest Border applicants are getting a poly. Is that rumor true?

Also, since the poly has such as high failure rate, why doesn't CBP do the poly before the BI? Why spend thousands of dollars on a background investigation when the applicant might fail their poly? It doesn't make any sense.
      I believe the 100% poly starts Sept 29, 2012
      http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/2010_rpt/abc-poly.html

"To provide a better and more efficient hiring process, S.
      3243 would require CBP to give pre-employment polygraphs to all
      new hires within two years of the bill's enactment."

"September 29, 2010.--Ordered to be printed
      COMMITTEE ON HOMELAND SECURITY AND GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS"

Most people who get the poly get it before the BI. I know of at least two people who got the poly after their BI started. They still are polying less than 50% of the new hires.

TO THE PERSON WHO ASKED ABOUT THE PFT2 IN DETROIT- YOU WILL PROBABLY TAKE THE TEST AT Macomb Community College. YOU WILL LIKELY GET TEST ADMINISTRATORS WHO RUN THINGS BY THE BOOK. OUR BREAKS BETWEEN EACH TEST WERE EVEN TIMED BY STOP WATCH. ALL OF THE TEST ARE CONDUCTED INDOORS.

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...r/pft2_faq.xml
      220 Yard Run - must complete in 50 seconds or less
      Sit Ups - must complete 25 proper form in one minute
      Push Ups -must complete 17 proper form in one minute
      1.5 mile run - must complete in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less
      THESE ARE THE MINIMUMS. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE MINIMUM OR YOU ARE DROPPED FROM THE WHOLE PROCESS.

DON'T FORGET THERE IS A GRADUATION FITNESS TEST
      http://cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/care...po_fitness.pdf
      To graduation from the Academy you must be able to successfully meet the
      Fitness Graduation Standards:
      • 1.5 Mile Run - 15 minutes or less
      • Sit and Reach – 12.5 inches
      • Push-ups – 24 in one minute
      • 220 Yard Run – 45 seconds or less
      Last edited by z132878; 11-13-2011, 12:33 AM.
      12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
      5/25 TO
      5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
      5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
      6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
      7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
      7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
      7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
      8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
      8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
      8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
      8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
      10/13~ BI CLEARED
      10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
      10/26 PFT2 PASSED
      11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
      12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
        I had the interview right after
        Oh great I didn't, I wasn't nervous was it weird talking to a empty space yes but I played it off like your suppose to eh who knows I'll wait for my results to know for sure if I passed or failed. Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

• fingerprint cards

I haven't completed anything for Customs, I received fingerprint cards in the mail on Saturday. No email, no instructions..no deadline to return. Is this normal? Would my BP process carry over to Customs? I've completed the panel, pft1 and E-QIP.

I don't know if I should rush out Monday morning and pay for prints or if I should wait a little longer to hear something first.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post
            I haven't completed anything for Customs, I received fingerprint cards in the mail on Saturday. No email, no instructions..no deadline to return. Is this normal? Would my BP process carry over to Customs? I've completed the panel, pft1 and E-QIP.

I don't know if I should rush out Monday morning and pay for prints or if I should wait a little longer to hear something first.
            Well not sure exactly if it will transfer I know BP and CBO are suppose to merge into like one agency but that's not happening for sure yet a buddy that's in customs told me about that yesterday actually. But there's really no directions you can only use that card only and you can go to your local police department, they didn't mine at no cost. The return date is usually like a week so you shouldn't wait get it done and return it asap

Comment

• Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post

The following carries over from BP to Customs; Med, E-Quip, and Drug test and BI. You will have to complete the Pt1,Pt2, VBT interview with CBP and submit your forms again. I had received my finger print cards for CBP in the mail after receiving my TO w/no additional info. Get them done ASAP to keep you moving along. I have now completed the process for both BP and CBP, waiting on my BI to clear.... Hope that helps!

BP
              Written 10/10 (95 no vet)
              SWB
              Qual Gs7
              Oral Interview complete
              Drug complete
              Med complete
              Pt1 complete
              BI met July 7/11 adjudicated 10/22 (still in security office)

CBP
              Written 7/11 (97 no vet)
              SWB
              TO 9/29
              Qual Gs7
              Med complete
              Drug complete
              VBT Nov 2 complete
              PT1 complete
              BI (in security office)

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post

I know they say they would prefer you don't take your car, but I'm not too far from Nogales, so I'm thinking of driving. Would make for finding living accomdations easier.
                Who prefers that you don't take your car? Did you actually get that advice from the port in Nogales?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Who prefers that you don't take your car? Did you actually get that advice from the port in Nogales?
                  That's what I've been told by others. Not sure if it's true or not since I haven't talked to anyone from the port yet. I'm going to be taking a car either way.

Comment

That's what I've been told by others. Not sure if it's true or not since I haven't talked to anyone from the port yet. I'm going to be taking a car either way.
                    I live in nyc and I am going to drive to nogales,AZ.....

Comment

• Got fingerprint cards yesterday.

Hi I changed my GEO to SWB on 6/25/11 and finally got fingerprint cards 11/12/11. Can't wait to get the ball rolling. Just wondering if anybody else got fingerprint cards too?

good luck everybody.

Sfdude

12/10 CBPO exam in San Diego
                      1/25/11 NORS passed
                      6/25/11 Changed GEO
                      Last edited by SFdude; 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM.
                      CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                      NOR passed 1/25/11
                      Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                      Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                      PFT1 12/15/11
                      VBT/SI 1/26/12
                      VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                      LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                      Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                      Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                      Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Years back, when FLETC was pushing out several thousands of graduates more per year than they currently are, FLETC used to ask people not to drive to GA. I don't know of any port who has asked people not to drive. I can't really see where any port would...unless maybe under some odd circumstance such as a massive construction underway at the PoE or something similar.

Comment

• Driving to FLETC

I plan on driving the 24hrs to FLETC from El Paso. From what I understand, the only reason your port may not let you drive is if your report date at FLETC is too soon after your last day of pre-academy. Ex., we have a group of trainees leaving this Thursday and and starting on Friday...obviously, they wouldn't make it on time if they drove.
                          Written: 12/8/10
                          NOR: 1/25/11
                          TO: 5/11/11
                          Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                          BI: 6/14/11
                          VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                          Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                          Call: 10/5/11
                          PTF2: 10/14/11
                          EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                          FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• My experience

Hello everyone. Intrinsically this forum is very informative and indefatigable. I think my Uncle Sam just ran out of money. I took CBPO's test on 09/06/2011, and I received my score 93 (no vet pref.) in a week, then I received TO and filled the e-Qip. I took my Physical few days ago and passed. I did 44 push ups, and 48 sit ups within a minute. Before that I did my VBT which i passed and invited to do structural interview. I thought I did extremely well since the questions were very easy. In general, i am a good speaker, and I deal with people on a daily basis. Now I am surprised, I just received a letter stating that i failed my Structural interview, and i can only retry in a year. I think i will not. I just passed two PD's oral Boards, and they were harder than CBPO' VBT. Police oral boards' questions are "do it or die" questions that each answer can make a real difference when it comes to deadly force. If you are NOT extremely naive, and you are politically correct, you may pass VBT, but I did not make it. Oh well, they have just lost an applicant who is an honor graduate, who is proficient in four foreign languages. I will serve my country: the United States of America, anyway I can, God bless America. God bless to all of us, and stay safe, and never give up to try.

By ninjaLibrarian

Comment

• Originally posted by hovik130 View Post
                              Hello everyone. Intrinsically this forum is very informative and indefatigable. I think my Uncle Sam just ran out of money. I took CBPO's test on 09/06/2011, and I received my score 93 (no vet pref.) in a week, then I received TO and filled the e-Qip. I took my Physical few days ago and passed. I did 44 push ups, and 48 sit ups within a minute. Before that I did my VBT which i passed and invited to do structural interview. I thought I did extremely well since the questions were very easy. In general, i am a good speaker, and I deal with people on a daily basis. Now I am surprised, I just received a letter stating that i failed my Structural interview, and i can only retry in a year. I think i will not. I just passed two PD's oral Boards, and they were harder than CBPO' VBT. Police oral boards' questions are "do it or die" questions that each answer can make a real difference when it comes to deadly force. If you are NOT extremely naive, and you are politically correct, you may pass VBT, but I did not make it. Oh well, they have just lost an applicant who is an honor graduate, who is proficient in four foreign languages. I will serve my country: the United States of America, anyway I can, God bless America. God bless to all of us, and stay safe, and never give up to try.

By ninjaLibrarian
                              Have fun......

Comment

• Originally posted by hovik130 View Post

By ninjaLibrarian
                                Someone's a little salty...if you passed all these oral boards then good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10734 users online. 381 members and 10353 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X