Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nogales

    OchoTres and Amillot... I have also received at EOD in Nogales for 12/19. HOWEVER, my PFT2 is 12/16 LOL. i'm nervous as all hell because all i have been reading is about how women fail that test so easily. I have been working my butt off so I can only do my best. I'm confident though. Give me any feedback you acn about the PFT2 and good luck!!! We'll be seeing eachother soon!

    PS i'm moving from NJ out there that weekend..what a mess right? I head the candlwood suites is letting cbp officers stay at a flate rate of $77/night. i looked up reviews and it looks great. Still, its a big cost while waiting for the academy so.. yea good idea to talk about splitting some costs

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yesgonzalez223 View Post
      OchoTres and Amillot... I have also received at EOD in Nogales for 12/19. HOWEVER, my PFT2 is 12/16 LOL. i'm nervous as all hell because all i have been reading is about how women fail that test so easily. I have been working my butt off so I can only do my best. I'm confident though. Give me any feedback you acn about the PFT2 and good luck!!! We'll be seeing eachother soon!

      PS i'm moving from NJ out there that weekend..what a mess right? I head the candlwood suites is letting cbp officers stay at a flate rate of $77/night. i looked up reviews and it looks great. Still, its a big cost while waiting for the academy so.. yea good idea to talk about splitting some costs
      Yeah candlewood was suggested to me but $77 is too much. I'm gonna call some places monday and look into getting a decent hotel for $30-$40 a night. I'll PM you what I find out. I'm coming from NY so I can relate and I am def. looking for someone to split the costs with.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
        Yeah candlewood was suggested to me but $77 is too much. I'm gonna call some places monday and look into getting a decent hotel for $30-$40 a night. I'll PM you what I find out. I'm coming from NY so I can relate and I am def. looking for someone to split the costs with.
        Sounds good. Do you feel ready for the test??

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
          The Administrative Procedures Act

          I don't wanna kick you when you're down, but if you think you've got a case here you really need to go back and read Chevron again. It aint gonna happen. Just move on man.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
            Yeah candlewood was suggested to me but $77 is too much. I'm gonna call some places monday and look into getting a decent hotel for $30-$40 a night. I'll PM you what I find out. I'm coming from NY so I can relate and I am def. looking for someone to split the costs with.
            Keep me in the loop!
            12/10 test
            1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
            3/11 TO (AZ)
            10/11 Referred to Sched
            11/11 The Call (Nogales)
            12/2/11 pft2
            12/19/11 EOD
            2/6/12 FLETC

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yesgonzalez223 View Post
              Sounds good. Do you feel ready for the test??
              Oh yeah. It's a very easy test. Don't stress over it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Firestone View Post
                I don't wanna kick you when you're down, but if you think you've got a case here you really need to go back and read Chevron again. It aint gonna happen. Just move on man.
                Just my opinion. I never said I had a "case".

                Comment


                • Passed Pft 2

                  Hey Everyone! Just to let everyone know. I passed my pft2 test today. I got "the call" october 13th. I start my EOD on November 21st and leave to the Academy on Dec 15th. My station is El Paso.
                  CBPO
                  Test- 12/9/10
                  NOR- 1/07/11
                  T.O.- 4/1/11
                  Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                  Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                  Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                  Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                  Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                  Pft2- ?
                  Eod- ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                    Hey Everyone! Just to let everyone know. I passed my pft2 test today. I got "the call" october 13th. I start my EOD on November 21st and leave to the Academy on Dec 15th. My station is El Paso.
                    There was 11 people taking the test, 3 of the people there were for bp. I am happy to say that that us females (only 2 there) passed
                    CBPO
                    Test- 12/9/10
                    NOR- 1/07/11
                    T.O.- 4/1/11
                    Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                    Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                    Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                    Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                    Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                    Pft2- ?
                    Eod- ?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                      Well it seems the poly thing is not consistent across the board. Prior to the most recent annoucment, very few actually took a poly. With the most recent annoucement, it seems everyone is taking a poly and it is being given before an actual BI is done, and if you "pass" you get an interim clearance and are sent to the training, before the BI is completed.

                      With those that "fail" the poly, it seems now that some are given another chance to retake, while others are not given a chance and are told that you fail and are unsuitable for employment and will never be hired by DHS forever. If one is not allowed to appeal a decision or to request a restest, while others are automatically given one, this seems to be inconsistent treatment, and quite frankly a violatino of due process.

                      It should be noted that the polygraph was never meant to be used the way it is being used by CBP. It was not meant to be used an "end-all" to an employment decision. It is in all actuality an interrogation tool and a supplement to a background investigation. IMHO, it is a violation of statute to base a suitability decision purely on a polygraph (a test that is inheritently inaccurate).

                      Statistics are a failure rate of around 60% for CBP, and when given a retest, about 20% of those 60% pass the 2nd time.

                      It seems that around 20% of the 60% that fail are false positives and if not given a chance to retest are "acceptable losses" to the CBP. Perhaps if polys were give to everyone, including current employees and the top brass, when 60% come back failing and careers are potentially ruined, the policy might be reconsidered...
                      My BI was completed and sent in about a week ago, without a poly.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                        My BI was completed and sent in about a week ago, without a poly.
                        When did you take the written exam and when did you receive your initial to?

                        Comment


                        • I think instead of changing the payscale they should push for compressed work schedule. 3/12 or 4/10

                          Comment


                          • Well, I failed the poly too. It's really stupid, but it's a whatever issue to me now. If they want to be lame and believe they're getting the best applicants because the polygraph said they "weren't being deceptive," then let them do that. They apparently really aren't looking for the "best applicants" they can find then, and there's really nothing we can do. They're going to lose really good applicants that could have done great things for them because they choose to believe a machine over a legitimate full background investigation. And on the other side, they're going to let some bad people through because the poly said they weren't lying when they actually are... The way I view it is: if they don't want to give me a legit, fair shake (beyond what a machine with a success rate of statically, slightly above a coin flip says), then why on earth would I want to work for them then? I'll go find an agency that does want me... and will give me the time of day to see that I am someone who really wants to work for them, and I'll be an asset for them.

                            So, good luck, and I wish well to all.

                            Peace,
                            Zipties
                            Last edited by zipties; 11-11-2011, 06:08 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Why is it that some of us have the same EOD but different academy dates? Even within the ones going to Nogales? I start Training 2/21, I've seen others going earlier.

                              I know they say they would prefer you don't take your car, but I'm not too far from Nogales, so I'm thinking of driving. Would make for finding living accomdations easier.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                                I think instead of changing the payscale they should push for compressed work schedule. 3/12 or 4/10

                                Some ports and some assignments do allow for AWS. I've seen both 10 and 12 hour shifts. Typically, one has to work 80 hours a pay period so the 12 hour shifts end up looking at 6 full 12 hour days and 1 eight hour day per PP.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8047 users online. 425 members and 7622 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X