Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
    The list is definitely getting shorter. I EOD in 13 days in Detroit. Waiting since April '08.

    We need CMUnupe to get hired...he has been waiting longer than I was....
    Thanks Beecy. Can't believe it will be 4 years this coming March.

    I feel like the kid who's not allowed to go on the field trip because he didn't get his permission slip signed.
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

    Comment


    • Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
      pick calexico trust me
      Is it safer there or whats is it thats better could you be a bit more specific thanks

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sundvlgrl View Post
        I spoke with someone in IA yesterday. They didn't have me in the system (some mix up). But she did tell me that out of BPA and CBPO, CBPO is placed on priority.

        Written 12/2010 (AZ)
        TO 1/2010
        Med/PFT 02/2011
        Drug test 03/2011
        VBT 04/2011
        BI interview 05/05/2011~Still in Security Office
        PFT2?
        EOD ?
        Wow! I'm sure your situation will be fixed; good thing you called to get the ball rolling for yourself again. Great to hear CBP has priority!




        BP
        Written 10/10 (95 no vet)
        SWB
        Qual Gs7
        Oral Interview complete
        Drug complete
        Med complete
        Pt1 complete
        BI met July 7/11 adjudicated 10/22 (still in security office)

        CBP
        Written 7/11 (97 no vet)
        SWB
        TO 9/29
        Qual Gs7
        Med complete
        Drug complete
        VBT Nov 2 (pending)
        PT1 complete
        BI (in security office)

        Comment


        • [QUOTE=OchoTres;2917612]I have my pft2 in WV. I'm on LI. If they had offered me Plattsburgh I would have chosen it but the closest they offered is WV.[/QUOTE


          I also live in LI... Were you not given an option to where you could take your pt2? Were you just offered one location to take it at? Originally I think I chose a location. so just curious if they are now randomly choosing the location for us?



          BP
          Written 10/10 (95 no vet)
          SWB
          Qual Gs7
          Oral Interview complete
          Drug complete
          Med complete
          Pt1 complete
          BI met July 7/11 adjudicated 10/22 (still in security office)

          CBP
          Written 7/11 (97 no vet)
          SWB
          TO 9/29
          Qual Gs7
          Med complete
          Drug complete
          VBT Nov 2 (pending)
          PT1 complete
          BI (in security office)

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=lisaluv006;2917654]
            Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
            I have my pft2 in WV. I'm on LI. If they had offered me Plattsburgh I would have chosen it but the closest they offered is WV.[/QUOTE


            I also live in LI... Were you not given an option to where you could take your pt2? Were you just offered one location to take it at? Originally I think I chose a location. so just curious if they are now randomly choosing the location for us?



            BP
            Written 10/10 (95 no vet)
            SWB
            Qual Gs7
            Oral Interview complete
            Drug complete
            Med complete
            Pt1 complete
            BI met July 7/11 adjudicated 10/22 (still in security office)

            CBP
            Written 7/11 (97 no vet)
            SWB
            TO 9/29
            Qual Gs7
            Med complete
            Drug complete
            VBT Nov 2 (pending)
            PT1 complete
            BI (in security office)
            When they sent out the TO and all the forms they also sent a form that listed 7 or 8 places that i had to choose to take the PFT2. WV was the closest and the next closest was Burlington VT.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
              I tested in 2008, too. Waiting for St. Thomas, USVI.
              I also tested in 2008 and waiting for St. Thomas, USVI.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=OchoTres;2917663]
                Originally posted by lisaluv006 View Post

                When they sent out the TO and all the forms they also sent a form that listed 7 or 8 places that i had to choose to take the PFT2. WV was the closest and the next closest was Burlington VT.
                I had picked Burlington VT, however when I got the email yesterday it was for upstate New York and I was not complaining.....lol

                Comment


                • Ok guys, I need some help with decision making.
                  I was just offered Nogales with and EOD of 12/19
                  It's a tough decision because I'm still in the process with LAPD and close to done with it as well.

                  The question is, how is the quality of life out there, especially for the significant other? She's a hairstylist and would like to live in or near a big city so she can still work and not drive herself crazy in the middle of nowhere. It's an hour from Tucson, so I'm guessing we could live halfway between Nogales and Tuscon, so that commute is even for both of us?
                  Opinions needed, I have 24hours.
                  Last edited by amillot; 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                    Ok guys, I need some help with decision making.
                    I was just offered Nogales with and EOD of 12/19
                    It's a tough decision because I'm still in the process with LAPD and close to done with it as well.
                    I'd take Nogales in a heartbeat. It's one of few areas outside of South Texas that I'd take.

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nogales,_AZ

                    There is usually plenty work for barbers at least in border towns with CBP present.

                    She'd also have the option of carrying her own gun there, no license needed.
                    Gek.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                      Ok guys, I need some help with decision making.
                      I was just offered Nogales with and EOD of 12/19
                      It's a tough decision because I'm still in the process with LAPD and close to done with it as well.

                      The question is, how is the quality of life out there, especially for the significant other? She's a hairstylist and would like to live in or near a big city so she can still work and not drive herself crazy in the middle of nowhere. It's an hour from Tucson, so I'm guessing we could live halfway between Nogales and Tuscon, so that commute is even for both of us?
                      Opinions needed, I have 24hours.
                      I was involved with the hiring process for LAPD this past year as well. DO NOT let it decide if you take this job. They hire few and far between. Which was awesome to learn. Take this job, if you hate it you can always transfer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                        Ok guys, I need some help with decision making.
                        I was just offered Nogales with and EOD of 12/19
                        It's a tough decision because I'm still in the process with LAPD and close to done with it as well.

                        The question is, how is the quality of life out there, especially for the significant other? She's a hairstylist and would like to live in or near a big city so she can still work and not drive herself crazy in the middle of nowhere. It's an hour from Tucson, so I'm guessing we could live halfway between Nogales and Tuscon, so that commute is even for both of us?
                        Opinions needed, I have 24hours.

                        I TDY'd to Tucson for the ACTT a couple of years back. I enjoyed it...and I'd consider moving there permanently. I was born a small town farm boy and lived in ND and MT...so I'm used to 'nowhere'. Tucson seemed pretty big to me...FWIW. Phoenix, 90 miles north of Tucson, is considerably larger.

                        Green Valley is a fairly good sized town(15Kish) about midway between south Tucson and Nogales.

                        I don't see why you both couldn't figure out something that puts you somewhere in/near Tucson.

                        Comment


                        • EOD Duty location December 19

                          I received the call today and they gave me three options as to which location I want in texas
                          Roma
                          Del Rio
                          Eagle Pass
                          Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated?

                          Comment


                          • I received a phone call today to schedule a day to "Finish the polygraph." Has anyone been through this?
                            Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                            New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                            New NOR: 6/14/11
                            TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                            QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                            BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                            Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                            VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                            MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                            DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                            Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                            Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                            Fit2: ?
                            EOD: ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                              I received a phone call today to schedule a day to "Finish the polygraph." Has anyone been through this?
                              This has me really curious. What did the examiner say at your first poly? Did he say you passed?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                                This has me really curious. What did the examiner say at your first poly? Did he say you passed?

                                He said I failed the first one. He told me this when I did it last week.
                                Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                                New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                                New NOR: 6/14/11
                                TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                                QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                                BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                                Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                                VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                                MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                                DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                                Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                                Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                                Fit2: ?
                                EOD: ?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7977 users online. 393 members and 7584 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X