Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I had my first day at San Luis, AZ (Customs). It was awesome!!! I think I will really like it there. If anyone gets offered San Luis, they should take it. It's not a very big port, but there is plenty of action. Everyone there is really nice and helpful.
    Hey Z, I had my first day today, as well. It was pretty dull. Nothing but paperwork and a ride to the port director's office to get sworn in. I saw another group of trainees that I knew, however, and they had just gotten back from firearms training! Something to look forward to after all the paperwork.
    Written: 12/8/10
    NOR: 1/25/11
    TO: 5/11/11
    Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
    BI: 6/14/11
    VBT/SI: 6/20/11
    Drug Screen: 9/29/11
    Call: 10/5/11
    PTF2: 10/14/11
    EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
    FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
      Hey Z, I had my first day today, as well. It was pretty dull. Nothing but paperwork and a ride to the port director's office to get sworn in. I saw another group of trainees that I knew, however, and they had just gotten back from firearms training! Something to look forward to after all the paperwork.
      Hey,

I had tons of paperwork too. Nothing very exciting, but I'm just happy with the location and port. Saw a few things somewhat exciting though (for a new guy), but can't really explain (told everything we see in the port stays in the port). We have firearms training this Friday, looking forward to that.

Comment

• Hey BowHunter and OPjr, glad you guys are having fun! I'm excited for you both!

I'm at a standstill wondering when the BI will contact me. I haven't been scheduled for a poly (knock on wood) so I'm thankful for that. But I think my BI will take longer than usual since I served in the Peace Corps. I can just imagine an investigator trying to contact my host family in that tiny town in the middle of Bolivia. LOL
        And the battle against proper pushups continues. Blah.
        CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
        NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
        T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
        E-QIP: 10/12/11
        VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
        Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
        Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
        Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
        B.I.: ???
        PFT2:
        E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
          Hey BowHunter and OPjr, glad you guys are having fun! I'm excited for you both!

I'm at a standstill wondering when the BI will contact me. I haven't been scheduled for a poly (knock on wood) so I'm thankful for that. But I think my BI will take longer than usual since I served in the Peace Corps. I can just imagine an investigator trying to contact my host family in that tiny town in the middle of Bolivia. LOL
          And the battle against proper pushups continues. Blah.
          I hear you on the battle with the proper pushups!!!! UGH

Comment

• Place to stay,

My EOD is 12/5/11 @ Nogales, AZ Now I come to find out that I have to Stay in Nogales until Jan 1 And I have no place to stay while there, does anyone have any ideas. I checked out motels for 30 days but its like $900 and I cant afford it. H elp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• To those who don't live near your port, what was your plan on living arrangements for preacademy? Post like the one above really make me wonder out of curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by member540519 View Post
                i've been on nj's list for a while, was given the option to change my geo preference to atlanta in june and have been going through the process since. I got a call with an offer about 2 weeks ago. I then took my pft2 last week and passed. My eod i was given for atlanta is 11/21/11. I'm just waiting now on my final acceptance email. The wait is killing me!
                turn your pm on. I want to ask you a couple of questions.
                NEWARK, NJ
                EXAM:12/16/2010
                NOR: 01/2011
                CHANGE GEO TO GEORGIA: 06/2011
                TO: 06/14/2011
                QUALIFICATION: 07/2011 PENDING
                MED/PFT1: 06/2011 CLEAR
                VBT/SI: ELIGIBLE
                BI: 07/26/11 IN SECURITY OFFICE
                DT: 09/09/2011 CLEAR
                POLY: 01/04/2012
                PFT2: ?
                EOD: ?
                FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by infamousj85 View Post
                  My EOD is 12/5/11 @ Nogales, AZ Now I come to find out that I have to Stay in Nogales until Jan 1 And I have no place to stay while there, does anyone have any ideas. I checked out motels for 30 days but its like $900 and I cant afford it. H elp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I'll be there at the same time as you. If worst comes to worst we can find a place and split rent for the month. PM me and let me know when/where you have your PFT2 and if we are in the same place we can discuss it further there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    . I may be one of the last posters on this forum that tested in 2008.
                    The list is definitely getting shorter. I EOD in 13 days in Detroit. Waiting since April '08.

We need CMUnupe to get hired...he has been waiting longer than I was....

Comment

Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                      The list is definitely getting shorter. I EOD in 13 days in Detroit. Waiting since April '08.

We need CMUnupe to get hired...he has been waiting longer than I was....

I tested in 2008, too. Waiting for St. Thomas, USVI.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                        I'll be there at the same time as you. If worst comes to worst we can find a place and split rent for the month. PM me and let me know when/where you have your PFT2 and if we are in the same place we can discuss it further there.
                        PFT2 is upstate new York on 11/17. Just got the notice today. Right now I live in the nyc.
                        PFT2 Plattsburgh New York I have to report at 10am
                        Last edited by infamousj85; 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Help i have only 24 hours to respond

hey all, I Have and EOD offer for December 19th , for either Calexico or Andrade port in California . Could anyone shed some light on what port could be better to start at . Also I would be moving from Michigan is there anyone else heading to these ports. I am stressing about living situation out there. Also, I would be heading to georgia feb 21 st ... thanks all to reply !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                            hey all, I Have and EOD offer for December 19th , for either Calexico or Andrade port in California . Could anyone shed some light on what port could be better to start at . Also I would be moving from Michigan is there anyone else heading to these ports. I am stressing about living situation out there. Also, I would be heading to georgia feb 21 st ... thanks all to reply !!!
                            pick calexico trust me

Comment

• Just Waiting...

I spoke with someone in IA yesterday. They didn't have me in the system (some mix up). But she did tell me that out of BPA and CBPO, CBPO is placed on priority.

Written 12/2010 (AZ)
                              TO 1/2010
                              Med/PFT 02/2011
                              Drug test 03/2011
                              VBT 04/2011
                              BI interview 05/05/2011~Still in Security Office
                              PFT2?
                              EOD ?

Comment

• Originally posted by infamousj85 View Post
                                PFT2 is upstate new York on 11/17. Just got the notice today. Right now I live in the nyc.
                                PFT2 Plattsburgh New York I have to report at 10am
                                I have my pft2 in WV. I'm on LI. If they had offered me Plattsburgh I would have chosen it but the closest they offered is WV.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15575 users online. 468 members and 15107 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X