X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Member540519
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2011

Hi Everyone,
    I Just found this forum while doing a google search. There is so much information here. I am reporting to Atlanta on 11/21 as a CBPO. My academy date is 12/12. Does anyone know what kind of schedule Atlanta works? Also, in regards to the academy, do we get off for holidays?
    Thanks!

Comment

• lisaluv006
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Member540519
      Hi Everyone,
      I Just found this forum while doing a google search. There is so much information here. I am reporting to Atlanta on 11/21 as a CBPO. My academy date is 12/12. Does anyone know what kind of schedule Atlanta works? Also, in regards to the academy, do we get off for holidays?
      Thanks!

Congrats! How long did you have to wait for ATL? Yes you do get Fed. Hollidays off.
      Last edited by lisaluv006; 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• jd.aguilar81
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by OchoTres
        How long does the PFT2 take? I'm scheduled to take it at 9 am on a friday this month at harpers ferry WV and the only amtrak trains that leave on that day is at 10:50 am.

Second, is anyone here going to/ currently stationed in Nogales? My housing situation for the "job shadowing" is stressing me out.
        PFT2 takes about an hour and a half. The time to get you from Harpers Ferry to DC to catch the AMTRAK will take you at least an hour and a half. Looks like you might be staying for the weekend my friend... :0/

Comment

• lisaluv006
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tsakrl
          They actually have it set up now so applicants can call and check their status (Don't be one of those that calls every week). If you have already met your BI and it has been 4-6 weeks you can call to check your status, any sooner and you will waste your time. There has been several instances(That I've seen on the forums) where a simple phone call and a fax cleared something up that would of kept you waiting to get contacted for 2-3 months. The number is 202-344-2600 just go through the options and CBPO and BPA applicants are the same one. An answering machine stating what to leave and they will call you back anywhere from 30min to 2 days. They usually call back in less then 2 hours from what I've experienced. Rule of thumb, every 4-6 weeks call.

Inquiring minds, just got to know!

Hello, I am new to this Forum. I have been told that my BI has been adjudicated and is waiting for Sup. approval? Just wondering if everyone has to get Sup. approval?

BP
          written 10/10 (NOR 95)
          qualifications Gs7 Arizona
          med. complete
          pt1 complete
          Drug test complete
          Oral interview complete
          BI interview 7/7/11 ajudicated 10/20 (still in security off.)

CBP
          Written 7/19/11 (NOR 97)
          TO 9/29/11
          qualifications Gs7
          med. complete
          pt1 complete Oct. 26
          Drug test complete
          VBT Nov 2
          Last edited by lisaluv006; 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• ftwheeler99
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by OchoTres
            I report to Nogales on 12/5. I have no clue about where I'm gonna stay for that month.
            You can blaze the trail and share what you find with the rest of us.
            12/10 test
            1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
            3/11 TO (AZ)
            10/11 Referred to Sched
            11/11 The Call (Nogales)
            12/2/11 pft2
            12/19/11 EOD
            2/6/12 FLETC

Comment

• Member540519
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by lisaluv006
              Congrats! How long did you have to wait for ATL? Yes you do get Fed. Hollidays off.
              I've been on NJ's list for a while, was given the option to change my Geo preference to Atlanta in June and have been going through the process since. I got a call with an offer about 2 weeks ago. I then took my PFT2 last week and passed. My EOD I was given for Atlanta is 11/21/11.

I'm just waiting now on my final acceptance email. The wait is killing me!

Comment

• jdivola
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2009

New MIA airport hire!

I finally got the call this past friday. I had originally entered TSU on February, 2009. I had just moved to orange county, CA two months ago. Anyway, after all this time I accepted the position and will move back to south fl. I just wanted to share this good news. The officer I spoke to over the phone told me that the hiring freeze had been lifted (not sure if he meant that specific port or CBP in general).

I EOD on December 19th and hit Fletc on 2/6/12 as part of class #210. I was hoping to find out if anyone else will be coming around that time.

I have yet to take the PFT2. Does anyone know how soon MHC usually schedules the fitness test? Is it usually right after the call or more closer to the actual EOD date? I need to know because I may have to switch the location of the fitness test to California. Any insight would be helpful. I may be one of the last posters on this forum that tested in 2008.

Comment

• LIcoastie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jdivola
                  I finally got the call this past friday. I had originally entered TSU on February, 2009. I had just moved to orange county, CA two months ago. Anyway, after all this time I accepted the position and will move back to south fl. I just wanted to share this good news. The officer I spoke to over the phone told me that the hiring freeze had been lifted (not sure if he meant that specific port or CBP in general).

I EOD on December 19th and hit Fletc on 2/6/12 as part of class #210. I was hoping to find out if anyone else will be coming around that time.

I have yet to take the PFT2. Does anyone know how soon MHC usually schedules the fitness test? Is it usually right after the call or more closer to the actual EOD date? I need to know because I may have to switch the location of the fitness test to California. Any insight would be helpful. I may be one of the last posters on this forum that tested in 2008.
                  Congrats! they told me possible locations for a PFT2 when they called with the offer. Two days later a got an email for the PFT2 to take place in 2 weeks. So its like right in between the offer and my EOD date
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• LIcoastie
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

JFK'ers

Hey is anyone working at JFK for CBP right now? I have some questions.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• merlin436
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Member540519
                      Hi Everyone,
                      Thanks!

If you haven't found it on Google yet...

Much more information for you.

Buy a membership. You'll have access to the archives where there is years worth of CBP related info/discussion/whining/whatever on just about anything and everything related to being a CBPO.

Comment

• tsakrl
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lisaluv006
                        Hello, I am new to this Forum. I have been told that my BI has been adjudicated and is waiting for Sup. approval? Just wondering if everyone has to get Sup. approval?

BP
                        written 10/10 (NOR 95)
                        qualifications Gs7 Arizona
                        med. complete
                        pt1 complete
                        Drug test complete
                        Oral interview complete

CBP
                        Written 7/19/11 (NOR 97)
                        TO 9/29/11
                        qualifications Gs7
                        med. complete
                        pt1 complete Oct. 26
                        Drug test complete
                        VBT Nov 2

My buddy got called by his adjudicator, and she asked him something about a prior incident in the military and said she had to forward it to her supervisor for his approval. He got the call to EOD about 1 day after that call. This was about 3 weeks ago. If it is with a supervisor it could be a good/bad thing. The supervisors have the final say so though (if it gets to them). Just hang tight and your call will come. If you were going to get a NOPA you would of gotten one by now.

Comment

• lisaluv006
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tsakrl
                          My buddy got called by his adjudicator, and she asked him something about a prior incident in the military and said she had to forward it to her supervisor for his approval. He got the call to EOD about 1 day after that call. This was about 3 weeks ago. If it is with a supervisor it could be a good/bad thing. The supervisors have the final say so though (if it gets to them). Just hang tight and your call will come. If you were going to get a NOPA you would of gotten one by now.
                          Thanks! Great to hear

Comment

• bowhunter103
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2011

First Day at San Luis, AZ today

Hey Everyone,

I had my first day at San Luis, AZ (Customs). It was awesome!!! I think I will really like it there. If anyone gets offered San Luis, they should take it. It's not a very big port, but there is plenty of action. Everyone there is really nice and helpful.

Comment

• veno135
                              Forum Member
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bowhunter103
                              Hey Everyone,

I had my first day at San Luis, AZ (Customs). It was awesome!!! I think I will really like it there. If anyone gets offered San Luis, they should take it. It's not a very big port, but there is plenty of action. Everyone there is really nice and helpful.
                              Pm sent

Comment

• OPJr
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by bowhunter103
                                Hey Everyone,

Hey Z, I had my first day today, as well. It was pretty dull. Nothing but paperwork and a ride to the port director's office to get sworn in. I saw another group of trainees that I knew, however, and they had just gotten back from firearms training! Something to look forward to after all the paperwork.
                                Written: 12/8/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11
                                TO: 5/11/11
                                Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                                BI: 6/14/11
                                VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                                Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                                Call: 10/5/11
                                PTF2: 10/14/11
                                EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                                FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18202 users online. 26 members and 18176 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...