Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by amillot View Post
    Yes, late August/early September. Can't remember the exact date.
    Figures. And yet so many of us with May tentative offers for the same areas are still hanging around with pending background investigations.
    Gek.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      Figures. And yet so many of us with May tentative offers for the same areas are still hanging around with pending background investigations.
      When you log on to CASS, does it say Referred to schedule EOD? If it does, what date? I guess I just assumed that when it said that, that nothing was pending and everything was cleared?

      Comment


      • Like I said, my background investigation is pending, going on four months. I don't have a notification that I'm waiting on an EOD date.
        Gek.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Drifting View Post
          Like I said, my background investigation is pending, going on four months. I don't have a notification that I'm waiting on an EOD date.
          You are not the only 1 buddy. I met my BI July 26th and he turned it in August 5th. Three other co-workers of mine that met their BI's have gotten the call for EOD already 2 1/2 weeks ago. It is funny we all met our BI 1 week apart. I would assume we all have diffrent backgorunds and all, all I have on mine is 2 speeding tickets that were taken care of long ago. Although I know some of our files sit around for awhile while others get pushed through. My case hit an adjudicator early Oct and has been there ever since. We should be getting the call to EOD soon, but all we can do now is STANDBY.

          Comment


          • Session!

            On your feet!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
              You are not the only 1 buddy. I met my BI July 26th and he turned it in August 5th. Three other co-workers of mine that met their BI's have gotten the call for EOD already 2 1/2 weeks ago. It is funny we all met our BI 1 week apart. I would assume we all have diffrent backgorunds and all, all I have on mine is 2 speeding tickets that were taken care of long ago. Although I know some of our files sit around for awhile while others get pushed through. My case hit an adjudicator early Oct and has been there ever since. We should be getting the call to EOD soon, but all we can do now is STANDBY.
              Do you think it has to do with the fact that they don't run their own backgrounds. The investigator that called me said that he was a contract investigator and his phone number is local.

              Comment


              • I am writing a letter to IA disputing/appealing the results of the poly and requesting a retest.

                It amazes me that there is such a reliance on this test, yet not everyone is subject to it as of yet.

                Consider yourself lucky if you do not have to be a part of this voodoo test. I was truthful and yet was told I showed reaction.

                There is a reason why many states have banned polygraph testing, even for leo positions...

                A polygraph is not a suitable replacement for a proper BI.

                Most if not all polygraph examiners have a quota to fail at least 40-50% of all examinees! If these agencies find it acceptable to lose >20% of applicants due to false positives, perhaps they should consider whether there is a violation of due process here...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                  Hey, guys.
                  I applied for the southwest border.
                  My status says I was "reffered to schedule EOD on 10/28". Background investigator called to get some info from me last week. and I just did the VBT/SI. Do you guys think, I should expect the call soon?
                  I'm also hoping, they offer me El Paso, since that's where I grew up and I'm familiar with the area.
                  congrats. no polygraph?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                    congrats. no polygraph?
                    I did do a poly, but it wasn't my first one so I knew what to expect. The agent also made sure I was comfortable with all of my responses before he asked them in the "chair".

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                      Do you think it has to do with the fact that they don't run their own backgrounds. The investigator that called me said that he was a contract investigator and his phone number is local.
                      That has nothing to do with it. However, if a recent tester takes a poly and passes he can get hired a very short time after; it is like passing your full BI. BUT if something comes up during your BI you get fired. It is better to be fully cleared and not have anything to worry about. My BI was contracted also, I actually had a very good friend of his for many years as 1 of my references. I also hold a secret clearance with DHS already (Does not seem to matter though).

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                        You are not the only 1 buddy. I met my BI July 26th and he turned it in August 5th. Three other co-workers of mine that met their BI's have gotten the call for EOD already 2 1/2 weeks ago. It is funny we all met our BI 1 week apart. I would assume we all have diffrent backgorunds and all, all I have on mine is 2 speeding tickets that were taken care of long ago. Although I know some of our files sit around for awhile while others get pushed through. My case hit an adjudicator early Oct and has been there ever since. We should be getting the call to EOD soon, but all we can do now is STANDBY.
                        hey Tsakrl, how do we find out if our case has been sent to the adjudicator? I am a Dec 2010 tester for southern CA. Thanks

                        Comment


                        • Newbe in Nogales

                          Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                          Looking for some info from current CBPO's, if there are any on this forum or anyone that might have some knowledge on this.

                          I EOD on 12/19 to Nogales but don't start at FLETC until 2/6. They told me that I will be in Nogales for that entire time shadowing and filling out paperwork. My questions are:

                          1. Will I be allowed to drive my own vehicle to my EOD, and then from there to FLETC? (I'd hate to be stuck in a town I don't know with no vehicle for over a month)
                          2. Will they provide me with info on where I can stay during that time? (I understand the cost is on me but I'm wondering how expensive it's going to be to find somewhere to live for the month)

                          Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                          I have the same schedule as you, report to Nogales on 12/19 and to FLETC on 2/6. Maybe between the two of us (or more), we can carpool from AZ to FLETC and have at least one POV there. Maybe we can share living accomodations during the pre-acadamy time as well. What do you think?
                          12/10 test
                          1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
                          3/11 TO (AZ)
                          10/11 Referred to Sched
                          11/11 The Call (Nogales)
                          12/2/11 pft2
                          12/19/11 EOD
                          2/6/12 FLETC

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by afveteran View Post
                            hey Tsakrl, how do we find out if our case has been sent to the adjudicator? I am a Dec 2010 tester for southern CA. Thanks
                            They actually have it set up now so applicants can call and check their status (Don't be one of those that calls every week). If you have already met your BI and it has been 4-6 weeks you can call to check your status, any sooner and you will waste your time. There has been several instances(That I've seen on the forums) where a simple phone call and a fax cleared something up that would of kept you waiting to get contacted for 2-3 months. The number is 202-344-2600 just go through the options and CBPO and BPA applicants are the same one. An answering machine stating what to leave and they will call you back anywhere from 30min to 2 days. They usually call back in less then 2 hours from what I've experienced. Rule of thumb, every 4-6 weeks call.

                            Inquiring minds, just got to know!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ftwheeler99 View Post
                              I have the same schedule as you, report to Nogales on 12/19 and to FLETC on 2/6. Maybe between the two of us (or more), we can carpool from AZ to FLETC and have at least one POV there. Maybe we can share living accomodations during the pre-acadamy time as well. What do you think?
                              Turn your PM's on and we can chat. I'm definitely looking to room up with someone since the offer came out of nowhere and I am in no way financially ready for this transition (Not that THAT will stop me).
                              Border Patrol Agent
                              Applied - 11/11/2010
                              Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                              NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                              TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                              TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                              PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                              BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                              Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                              Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                              Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                              Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

                              Comment


                              • Does everyone meet with their BI?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4409 users online. 209 members and 4200 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X