Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some info from current CBPO's, if there are any on this forum or anyone that might have some knowledge on this.

I EOD on 12/19 to Nogales but don't start at FLETC until 2/6. They told me that I will be in Nogales for that entire time shadowing and filling out paperwork. My questions are:

1. Will I be allowed to drive my own vehicle to my EOD, and then from there to FLETC? (I'd hate to be stuck in a town I don't know with no vehicle for over a month)
    2. Will they provide me with info on where I can stay during that time? (I understand the cost is on me but I'm wondering how expensive it's going to be to find somewhere to live for the month)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by zkostrze; 11-04-2011, 05:45 PM.
    Border Patrol Agent
    Applied - 11/11/2010
    Written Exam - 1/11/2011
    NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
    TSL1 - 5/25/2011
    TSL2 - 6/1/2011
    PFT1 - 6/24/2011
    BI Interview - 7/7/2011
    Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
    Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
    Background Completed - 11/1/2011
    Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by crangel209 View Post
      Luke81 I tried to send you a PM but it seems you have it turned off. I just wanted to ask you some questions....
      fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
        Have you tried reading your NOR? It might say how to change it there.
        Yeah, I read everything I have been sent. I know I saw it on the announcement but I cannot find a way to pull up the old announcement.
        Applied 08/2011
        Test 10/2011 103 w/vet
        TO 11/2011
        Med/PFT 12/2011 Passed
        VBT/SI O3/2012 Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
          How long does the PFT2 take? I'm scheduled to take it at 9 am on a friday this month at harpers ferry WV and the only amtrak trains that leave on that day is at 10:50 am.
          Sorry just Realized you said PFT2
          Last edited by Locke03; 11-04-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miamid4 View Post
            Yeah, I read everything I have been sent. I know I saw it on the announcement but I cannot find a way to pull up the old announcement.
            Check your NOR on www.applicationmanager.gov

Comment

How long does the PFT2 take? I'm scheduled to take it at 9 am on a friday this month at harpers ferry WV and the only amtrak trains that leave on that day is at 10:50 am.

Second, is anyone here going to/ currently stationed in Nogales? My housing situation for the "job shadowing" is stressing me out.
              If 3 people test with you it will take less than 1 hr. If 23 people test with you expect closer to 4 hrs.
              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
              5/25 TO
              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
              10/13~ BI CLEARED
              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

Second, is anyone here going to/ currently stationed in Nogales? My housing situation for the "job shadowing" is stressing me out.
                Yeah im taking the same PFT2 as you. I was thinking of flying from NY. I checked AMTRAK but that an all day event to take the train.

Im still waiting to see what my work schedule will be for that week before I make travel plans yet. See you there.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Hey Ochotres when and where are you taking part 2 of the fitness, I got my EOD for 12/5/11 at Nogales Az but they still have not sent me anything about the PFT 2.

Originally posted by OchoTres View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                    Looking for some info from current CBPO's, if there are any on this forum or anyone that might have some knowledge on this.

I EOD on 12/19 to Nogales but don't start at FLETC until 2/6. They told me that I will be in Nogales for that entire time shadowing and filling out paperwork. My questions are:

1. Will I be allowed to drive my own vehicle to my EOD, and then from there to FLETC? (I'd hate to be stuck in a town I don't know with no vehicle for over a month)
                    2. Will they provide me with info on where I can stay during that time? (I understand the cost is on me but I'm wondering how expensive it's going to be to find somewhere to live for the month)

1. No one will care if you drive your own vehicle to AZ. You'll be paying for it all, so you can do as you please. As far as driving from Nogales to FLETC, you might run into problems there. Nogales might not give you enough time between your last workday in pre-academy and your report date to FLETC to allow you the time to travel the 2700 miles or so between the two. They may 'insist' you fly.

2. Maybe. See if there is a contact number for the port, call and ask. Somebody there ought to be able to give you some idea of what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      Yeah im taking the same PFT2 as you. I was thinking of flying from NY. I checked AMTRAK but that an all day event to take the train.

Im still waiting to see what my work schedule will be for that week before I make travel plans yet. See you there.
                      It seems like driving might be the best option. I'm on LI too and it's not really a bad drive. Good luck and I'll see you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by infamousj85 View Post
                        Hey Ochotres when and where are you taking part 2 of the fitness, I got my EOD for 12/5/11 at Nogales Az but they still have not sent me anything about the PFT 2.
                        11/18, harpers ferry wv. I got the email today.

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                          Looking for some info from current CBPO's, if there are any on this forum or anyone that might have some knowledge on this.

I also EOD in AZ and wanted to bring my personal car, but the whole one day off between pre-academy to academy ruined that idea. I went to Orbitz.com, clicked hotel+car and found some "good" deals even though it's going to cost me well over a G. The trick will be how to get my personal car to FLETC.

Comment

• coastie i pm'ed you... please respond soon,thanks.

Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post

BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Conditional Offer Accepted

Thank you so much for the advice. Declining the offer to take Columbus was difficult, but I had no choice; fortunately, the agent worked with me and offered Santa Teresa, which is a 2 hr. communte there and back. I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!! My EOD date is 12/19. Has anyone been offer this POE?

As to the academy, what can I really expect? My husband has confidence in my ability, but is concerned about being injured. I'm in physical shape, but anything is possible. Also, what is the ratio of women to men? I'm aware I'd be outnumbered, but I'm curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swb915 View Post
                                Thank you so much for the advice. Declining the offer to take Columbus was difficult, but I had no choice; fortunately, the agent worked with me and offered Santa Teresa, which is a 2 hr. communte there and back. I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!! My EOD date is 12/19. Has anyone been offer this POE?

As to the academy, what can I really expect? My husband has confidence in my ability, but is concerned about being injured. I'm in physical shape, but anything is possible. Also, what is the ratio of women to men? I'm aware I'd be outnumbered, but I'm curious.
                                Congratulations! I'm glad things worked out for you. Are you from El Paso and commuting to Santa Teresa?
                                Written: 12/8/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11
                                TO: 5/11/11
                                Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                                BI: 6/14/11
                                VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                                Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                                Call: 10/5/11
                                PTF2: 10/14/11
                                EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                                FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9878 users online. 503 members and 9375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X