300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
    I'm a 2011 tester with a CA preference...was offered AZ and TX. Not sure why they ask for a geo preference when they usually offer whatever is available...or so it seems.
    I'm a 2010 tester with a Texas preference. I'm not sure why some people are getting offers two months after a tentative offer.
    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by miamid4 View Post
      Does anyone know how to change my geographic location to SWB?
      Have you tried reading your NOR? It might say how to change it there.

Comment

I'm a 2011 tester with a CA preference...was offered AZ and TX. Not sure why they ask for a geo preference when they usually offer whatever is available...or so it seems.
        for the 2011 testers they asked for geo preference so they could put people where they needed positions filled first meaning if you want the job you have to take what they offer. All the 2010 tester were given more of a specific preference for location meaning they would likely only be called if their location preference had openings.

I am not quite sure how your were a 2011 tester with CA preference when this announcement only had preferences of southeast and southwest
        Last edited by TP3; 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          for the 2011 testers they asked for geo preference so they could put people where they needed positions filled first meaning if you want the job you have to take what they offer. All the 2010 tester were given more of a specific preference for location meaning they would likely only be called if their location preference had openings.

I am not quite sure how your were a 2011 tester with CA preference when this announcement only had preferences of southeast and southwest
          California is SW, so...
          Border Patrol Agent
          Applied - 11/11/2010
          Written Exam - 1/11/2011
          NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
          TSL1 - 5/25/2011
          TSL2 - 6/1/2011
          PFT1 - 6/24/2011
          BI Interview - 7/7/2011
          Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
          Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
          Background Completed - 11/1/2011
          Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
            So I took the poly today and was told I failed (9:30am - 2:30pm). I told the truth and there was nothing else to tell the investigator unless I wanted to make something up. Is there a way to appeal the results.

I would wait to see what the official rating is, plenty of people are told that they "Failed" their poly only to receive a letter stating that they passed. Your poly administrator DOES NOT make the final decision. Sit tight, if you were honest about everything you may be okay.

Comment

California is SW, so...
              yes i know, but what i am trying to say is that CA is specific location, in the 2011 annoucement, CA was not a preference that was given, only the the broad preference of the southwest which stretches from CA to TX

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                I would wait to see what the official rating is, plenty of people are told that they "Failed" their poly only to receive a letter stating that they passed. Your poly administrator DOES NOT make the final decision. Sit tight, if you were honest about everything you may be okay.
                Poly testers are notorious for stating you failed "X" and then quizzing you on what you didnt disclose, say you told them you smoked marijuana 5 times in your life and they will tell you that you failed the drug questions, then they will question you and you will say something like, well maybe it was closer to 10, just to try and explain the "failed" test and you will automatically be DQ'd for lying on your background. Dont know if they are trained to do that or its just something they picked up but they do do it and I have seen a lot of people who would make good LEO's get hosed cuz of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  yes i know, but what i am trying to say is that CA is specific location, in the 2011 annoucement, CA was not a preference that was given, only the the broad preference of the southwest which stretches from CA to TX
                  I seem to remember them asking for a specific preference and saying they could not guarantee where they would send you, but the good thing about customs if after a year they have a volunteer relocation program and if you want to move and where you want to go is on your list then you can transfer. Thats what I am hoping for, either get somewhere in So-Cal or arizona then transfer to LB or LAX, after a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                    I seem to remember them asking for a specific preference and saying they could not guarantee where they would send you, but the good thing about customs if after a year they have a volunteer relocation program and if you want to move and where you want to go is on your list then you can transfer. Thats what I am hoping for, either get somewhere in So-Cal or arizona then transfer to LB or LAX, after a year.
                    First time I've ever heard about this "program" for new trainees barely getting out of probation... As far as I know this is not the case, and actually transferring to a new POE does take a bit work and time, don't plan on moving around for at least 3-5 years. Swaps are not as easy as they seem.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Got my letter yesterday saying I passed the VBT/SI. Yayy! Hopefully BI will call next week.

And for the rest of the conversation-- I also read on the CBP website that you have to be at your initial loaction for at least 2 years, so I'm sure Yoda is right and it would take 3-5 years before you could get a transfer. Especially to somewhere like Cali, Miami, NY.
                      So, get your spurs and bandanas, kids! We're moving to the rodeo! lol
                      CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                      NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                      T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                      E-QIP: 10/12/11
                      VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                      Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                      Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                      Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                      B.I.: ???
                      PFT2:
                      E.O.D.:

Comment

• transfer

Speaking of transfers, if I ever get the call to start... I'm supposed to start in St. Thomas, USVI... and already I just want to stay in the northeast US... ideally Buffalo, Northern NY or VT. So, in 3-5 years... if anyone wants a spot at St. Thomas... keep me in your contact list!

Comment

• There is, under the new contract, a voluntary relocation program. How it will end up functioning is still pretty much a mystery since it is still in the infancy stage.

It's seniority based however, so I would imagine that the options available to the guy with 1 year on the job would be very limited. Especially, especially limited within the initial operation of the relocation program, I would think, as there are currently many people with much more seniority who will be looking to move within the next year, two, three, etc.

Comment

• Talk about a feeling of hopelessness. I traveled by bus for 18hrs to fail. I will wait for the official rating as you guys said. The messed up part is how he insisted and insisted and insisted that I had to be involved in drugs and crime because I was from Newark. He said he understand that people are a product of their environment and people make mistakes. Yes I tried weed once(in early 2000) and only took like two puffs to satisfy a friend(how stupid) and yes I thought about selling weed(around 1999-2000). I was too scared to do it and then I decided that it wasn't right and wasn't worth it. I've been all around drugs and crime. I have seen many blunts get rolled and smoked but I have never rolled one myself. I could just walk to the corner store for a bag of chips and a juice and see people selling. I knew them by name and they knew me. I was in kindergarden when I first saw someone stabbed in the chest. I knew many Crips and Bloods but I never joined any gangs. The security guard at my building was a Crip set leader. I have seen people get shot at about 3 times. I've seen countless stolen cars. My car has been broken into about 3 times and stolen once. I could have easily involved myself into alot of things. I don't know why I didn't. I have no idea other than I was too scared. When I was growing up I hated telling people I lived with both parents...that my father was still there, he didn't walk away like others I grew up with and he takes good care of my family. Now I hate telling people I'm from Newark, NJ. When I was on the Greyhound bus traveling back up to take the Poly, the person in-back of me was talking to the person he was sitting next to and he called it the slums.....and he wasn't even from Newark.

I joined the Air Force because I wanted to do something different, I wanted to get away but MANNNN.... I guess you can't. Man...talk about being a victim of your environment. Talk about a feeling of hopelessness. Now why in the world would I want my children to grow up anywhere around here....so when they grow up, they won't be able to find a job because of where they grew up. There are three categories people could fall into....You are a product of your environment, you are not a product of your environment by escaping somehow(very, very few people fall into this category), or you are a victim of your environment. Which one am I?....Talk about hopelessness.
                            Last edited by ayitearyee; 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM.
                            Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                            New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                            New NOR: 6/14/11
                            TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                            QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                            BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                            Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                            VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                            MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                            DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                            Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                            Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                            Fit2: ?
                            EOD: ?

Comment

• Keep your head up. What dosen't kill you makes you stronger.
                              Written Test: 3/08
                              NOR: 4/08
                              TO: 4/08
                              Medical: 4/08
                              Fitness: 6/08
                              VBT: 6/08
                              Met with investigator: 10/08
                              Received NOPA: 11/08
                              Won appeal: 3/09
                              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                              New fitness: 7/28/09
                              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                First time I've ever heard about this "program" for new trainees barely getting out of probation... As far as I know this is not the case, and actually transferring to a new POE does take a bit work and time, don't plan on moving around for at least 3-5 years. Swaps are not as easy as they seem.
                                ONe of my wifes nurses fiancee is CBPO and was telling me about the program, he started out in LB did a year then went to Georgia now he put in a request for Vegas and got it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7297 users online. 358 members and 6939 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X