300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call!!!!

I got the call today hoping to get El Paso : ( I explained my husband is BP in El Paso Sector, but these options where apparently non-negotiable. From experience out there, if I were to decline the offer, would they contact me with a second one. I keep hearing they try to push a desolate port first and sometimes will contact you with a second offer. I have 24hrs. to call back. PLEASE I need suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a baby, my commute would be around 2 hours each way, but I really want thisjob!!!!!!!!

HELP
    HELP
    HELP
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Swb915; 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Any CA offers lately?

It looks like a lot of recent offer calls went to the TX AZ or NM applicants, what about the CA applicants? I am a Dec 2010 tester and finished all my steps for Southern CA, but still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrivera1986 View Post
        I took the test in San Diego late October. I have not received any results yet but they should be coming in the next couple of weeks. I have to drive down there again for an OB for BPA next week... I live in Southern California about 2 hours from SD.
        I live in Northern CA and had to fly to SD for my test.... I already received my test results like a week after the exam. But no other emails after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swb915 View Post
          I got the call today hoping to get El Paso : ( I explained my husband is BP in El Paso Sector, but these options where apparently non-negotiable. From experience out there, if I were to decline the offer, would they contact me with a second one. I keep hearing they try to push a desolate port first and sometimes will contact you with a second offer. I have 24hrs. to call back. PLEASE I need suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a baby, my commute would be around 2 hours each way, but I really want thisjob!!!!!!!!

HELP
          HELP
          HELP
          HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My honest answer, I don’t think you should take it. With your husband already being a BPA and depending on how young your child is this could be very hard on your family. With shift work being like it is I wonder how often you would actually see your husband and/or child.

With that said, the decision is really yours and if you decline this offer you will get offered something else I am sure but who knows how long that could be. I wish you the best in your decision and career and I am sure whatever decision you make will work out, I have found that if you really want something bad enough there is always a way to make things work.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
            That might be good for now, but I hope you are working hard because the standards will not be relaxed at your pft2 and especially at the academy. Depending on your height, the block will be thinner forcing you to go deeper for the pushup to count. I highly recommend you don't cheat yourself and practice nose to the floor pushups. I'm not trying to stir up anything just trying to give you a heads up before it is too late.
            Yeah I've read that from other people on here. I've definitely been busting my ***** gettin ready. Was just commenting cux I was surprise at how easy it was and how it wasn't like the video at all. My Q is... Does anyone know how your height comes into play? I am 5'1", so will the block be taller or shorter? Nose to the ground pushups suck big time lol
            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
            E-QIP: 10/12/11
            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
            B.I.: ???
            PFT2:
            E.O.D.:

Comment

• So I took the poly today and was told I failed (9:30am - 2:30pm). I told the truth and there was nothing else to tell the investigator unless I wanted to make something up. Is there a way to appeal the results.
              Last edited by ayitearyee; 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM.
              Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
              New Geo: GA 6/13/11
              New NOR: 6/14/11
              TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
              QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
              BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
              Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
              VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
              MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
              DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
              Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
              Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
              Fit2: ?
              EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swb915 View Post
                I got the call today hoping to get El Paso : ( I explained my husband is BP in El Paso Sector, but these options where apparently non-negotiable. From experience out there, if I were to decline the offer, would they contact me with a second one. I keep hearing they try to push a desolate port first and sometimes will contact you with a second offer. I have 24hrs. to call back. PLEASE I need suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a baby, my commute would be around 2 hours each way, but I really want thisjob!!!!!!
                If El Paso is within the region you applied to, you can ask for the next open slot for it, but you will have to wait for that to happen... So your actual EOD or Call could come soon or much later on. If the option of asking for that specific POE is off the table and you don't take the job offer... you will be dropped off the pool of applicants and will have to re-apply on the next open period.

Best of luck!
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                  Yeah I've read that from other people on here. I've definitely been busting my ***** gettin ready. Was just commenting cux I was surprise at how easy it was and how it wasn't like the video at all. My Q is... Does anyone know how your height comes into play? I am 5'1", so will the block be taller or shorter? Nose to the ground pushups suck big time lol
                  Short foam block for shorter people...
                  CBPO

Comment

• I received my NOR for the VBT/SI... passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                      haha that is too funny! I was actually thinking of doing that myself when my time came to go to the Academy. When do you graduate Yoda?
                      Dec 2nd... 4 weeks to go!
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                        So I took the poly today and was told I failed (9:30am - 2:30pm). I told the truth and there was nothing else to tell the investigator unless I wanted to make something up. Is there a way to appeal the results.
                        Not really sure what the appeal process would be for this...
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                          Damn, There goes my plan to stand around the G bar screaming out "YODA!" until you came up to me.
                          LMAO that's hilarious because I too had that dream!! Hahaa
                          PFT2:
                          E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Short foam block for shorter people...
                            Bastards!! shaking my fist lol
                            PFT2:
                            E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by afveteran View Post
                              It looks like a lot of recent offer calls went to the TX AZ or NM applicants, what about the CA applicants? I am a Dec 2010 tester and finished all my steps for Southern CA, but still waiting.
                              I'm a 2011 tester with a CA preference...was offered AZ and TX. Not sure why they ask for a geo preference when they usually offer whatever is available...or so it seems.
                              Border Patrol Agent
                              Applied - 11/11/2010
                              Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                              NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                              TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                              TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                              PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                              BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                              Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                              Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                              Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                              Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• location change

Does anyone know how to change my geographic location to SWB?
                                Applied 08/2011
                                Test 10/2011 103 w/vet
                                TO 11/2011
                                Med/PFT 12/2011 Passed
                                VBT/SI O3/2012 Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6266 users online. 331 members and 5935 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X