Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
    That might be good for now, but I hope you are working hard because the standards will not be relaxed at your pft2 and especially at the academy. Depending on your height, the block will be thinner forcing you to go deeper for the pushup to count. I highly recommend you don't cheat yourself and practice nose to the floor pushups. I'm not trying to stir up anything just trying to give you a heads up before it is too late.
    A good thing to do is get one of the 10lb weights and place that under your chest and do push ups to it, that is about the size of a fist.

    Comment


    • anyone on here have a color defiency like myself? I am pretty sure i failed the color vision portion but they only offered ishihara eye test and I know i could pass the farnsworth hue test which they dont offer

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jandrews6 View Post
        So, I finally got and answered the call. I was given two locations. Columbus, NM and Presidio, Tx. Does anyone out there have any information regarding these two places?

        I have Google'd both of them, they are small and far from any sort of densely populated area. Any thoughts?
        Presidio is a whole lot farther out than Columbus. Presidio is pretty much the hottest place in Texas. Texas does not collect income tax. Presidio will likely give you the option of living in G housing for cheap or free. A lot of the CBPOs at Presidio POE live in Marfa, an hour away or in Alpine, an hour and a half away. The sun sets super late in West Texas and super early in central New Mexico.
        Last edited by Drifting; 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM.
        Gek.

        Comment


        • What is G housing?

          Originally posted by Drifting View Post
          Presidio is a whole lot farther out than Columbus. Presidio is pretty much the hottest place in Texas. Texas does not collect income tax. Presidio will likely give you the option of living in G housing for cheap or free. A lot of the CBPOs at Presidio POE live in Marfa, an hour away or in Alpine, an hour and a half away. The sun sets super late in West Texas and super early in central New Mexico.
          What is G Housing? I assume it is government housing? it there any other location offer G housing beside Presidio?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            anyone on here have a color defiency like myself? I am pretty sure i failed the color vision portion but they only offered ishihara eye test and I know i could pass the farnsworth hue test which they dont offer
            You have to wait to be notified. If you fail the color defiency test you may be able to take the Farnsworth test. However, the expense of taking the Farnsworth test will be on you.

            FB

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jandrews6 View Post
              NOOOOO!!!!!

              So I got THE CALL this morning, but..... I missed it. FML! I have tried calling back a few times, no response yet. I am finding it hard to celebrate and be happy when I haven't actually talked to anyone yet.

              The waiting continues.

              Best of luck to everyone in this forum, both current CBPOs and future CBPOs. Hope to see you all out there soon!
              LOL nice job my friend. It looks like we may be at the academy together.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

              Comment


              • Originally posted by seanhrho View Post
                What is G Housing? I assume it is government housing? it there any other location offer G housing beside Presidio?
                It is government housing for CBP employees. I do not know what other locations have it. Generally, those places are not awesome places to live in.
                Gek.

                Comment


                • Got the call today. I start at JFK December 5th, and FLETC the following month!
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                    Got the call today. I start at JFK December 5th, and FLETC the following month!
                    Awesome you got the same EOD date as me.
                    CBPO
                    geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      Got the call today. I start at JFK December 5th, and FLETC the following month!
                      Congrats!... Glad to see that you're heading out of the "Belly Over Pants" brigade!... :-)
                      Now take a deep breath and get ready for 19 more weeks at FLETC.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                        Got the call today. I start at JFK December 5th, and FLETC the following month!

                        congrats! i told you you would get that EOD soon and you did, best wishes at the academy and in your life as a CBPO!
                        BPA( California)

                        NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
                          Awesome you got the same EOD date as me.
                          same academy date too
                          CBPO
                          TO - 05/08 JFK
                          EOD - 12/05/2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
                            congrats! i told you you would get that EOD soon and you did, best wishes at the academy and in your life as a CBPO!
                            thanks man though I definitely didn't expect the call today
                            CBPO
                            TO - 05/08 JFK
                            EOD - 12/05/2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Congrats!... Glad to see that you're heading out of the "Belly Over Pants" brigade!... :-)
                              Now take a deep breath and get ready for 19 more weeks at FLETC.
                              Yeah me too.

                              Is there a nickname thing for CBP there as well?

                              I got bored of being there after 2 weeks! 19 weeks oh well, at least Ill be home in time for summer 2012
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Yeah me too.

                                Is there a nickname thing for CBP there as well?

                                I got bored of being there after 2 weeks! 19 weeks oh well, at least Ill be home in time for summer 2012
                                I think it used to be "Can't Button Pants" but all that has changed with the new standards, and the future outlook for the agency.
                                Best of Luck! You'll be in the class coming in after mine graduates.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7413 users online. 290 members and 7123 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X