300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
    HOLY FAST!!!!!! I looked at your signature and that is the fastest timeline I've ever seen!!!! So I guess after I am contacted by the BI, I should be prepared to move very quickly. (Granted I am able to pass the physical stuff.) Geez, you must be stoked!! Wow Congrats!
    Im hoping my BI is that quick, on all the paperwork my investigator had it said expedite on it and I had 3 BI's doing my background. My BI should be turning mine in this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
      What time are graduations at FLETC?

&

Can we carry a backpack to class or does it have to be a book bag? (or does DHS prove a bag for us)?
      Most graduations are in the afternoon around 2pm... although some might be in the morning, but i have yet to see a class do it at that time.
      You'll be issued a backpack in your 1st week, before that you can have whatever...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
        Im hoping my BI is that quick, on all the paperwork my investigator had it said expedite on it and I had 3 BI's doing my background. My BI should be turning mine in this week.
        They have been granting "interim" clearances to most, if not all recent apps, with simply having a passing poly. Adjudication of a BI takes 3 to 6 months. This is after meeting the BI not from submitting your SF-86.
        CBPO

Comment

• Just passed the PFT1 in Miami this morning!! I am sooo happy! The man let me do them in any order I wanted. I did 27 pushups. The "block" they used for pushups was a 3 foot long styrafoam tube that was about 6 inches high (one and a half fists) so it was super easy. I did 45 situps. For the side step test, he used hand weights to mark off the area, and it was about 4 feet long. Waayyy shorter than the length in the practice video, so all I had to do was jump side to side instead of shuffling like in the video. The step test was the easiest thing ever.

The girl that administered my audio test was an idiot. She told me to sit in the booth and put on the headphones, started the machine, asked if I could hear anything, and when I heard the beeps I said yes. She then left the room and I assumed I would hear some recorded instructions since she hadn't given me any. After a few minutes of silence, she came back and was like "Isn't it working"? and I said no since I didnt hear anymore beeps. She got a man to come in and check the machine and he said "it's fine, did you give her instructions?" She lied and said yes, and I was like umm No!! He yelled at her to make sure to give people instructions and he then told me, after you hear each beep, you click this button immediately. Thanks buddy.
          If she is the one to read my TB skin test on wednesday, I'm going to ask for someone else. LOL
          Anyway, now I wait to be contacted by thr BI.
          CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
          NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
          T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
          E-QIP: 10/12/11
          VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
          Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
          Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
          Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
          B.I.: ???
          PFT2:
          E.O.D.:

Comment

Just passed the PFT1 in Miami this morning!! I am sooo happy! The man let me do them in any order I wanted. I did 27 pushups. The "block" they used for pushups was a 3 foot long styrafoam tube that was about 6 inches high (one and a half fists) so it was super easy. I did 45 situps. For the side step test, he used hand weights to mark off the area, and it was about 4 feet long. Waayyy shorter than the length in the practice video, so all I had to do was jump side to side instead of shuffling like in the video. The step test was the easiest thing ever.

The girl that administered my audio test was an idiot. She told me to sit in the booth and put on the headphones, started the machine, asked if I could hear anything, and when I heard the beeps I said yes. She then left the room and I assumed I would hear some recorded instructions since she hadn't given me any. After a few minutes of silence, she came back and was like "Isn't it working"? and I said no since I didnt hear anymore beeps. She got a man to come in and check the machine and he said "it's fine, did you give her instructions?" She lied and said yes, and I was like umm No!! He yelled at her to make sure to give people instructions and he then told me, after you hear each beep, you click this button immediately. Thanks buddy.
            If she is the one to read my TB skin test on wednesday, I'm going to ask for someone else. LOL
            congrats...I have mine tomorrow in NYC, I know i am gonna fail the eye color exam ( I heard they use the exam where you have to see the number within the circle filled with dots) so hopefully they will let me take the farnsworth hue test which i know i can pass

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Most graduations are in the afternoon around 2pm... although some might be in the morning, but i have yet to see a class do it at that time.
              You'll be issued a backpack in your 1st week, before that you can have whatever...
              As always Yoda thanks for the response!

About how many female CBPs are at the academy now that you have noticed?

(yeaaaa my 100th post)
              Last edited by SDCBP; 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• ^ Way to go! Hopefully yor process goes quick from here.
                Written: 12/8/10
                NOR: 1/25/11
                TO: 5/11/11
                Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                BI: 6/14/11
                VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                Call: 10/5/11
                PTF2: 10/14/11
                EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• NOOOOO!!!!!

So I got THE CALL this morning, but..... I missed it. FML! I have tried calling back a few times, no response yet. I am finding it hard to celebrate and be happy when I haven't actually talked to anyone yet.

The waiting continues.

Best of luck to everyone in this forum, both current CBPOs and future CBPOs. Hope to see you all out there soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                    As always Yoda thanks for the response!

About how many female CBPs are at the academy now that you have noticed?

(yeaaaa my 100th post)
                    The bigger the class, the more they have... the most I've seen in one class is 7 females and this is from 40+ trainees in that class. Average is about 5 if your class is that big, we have 3 in my class... but we are only 26. About 1/4 of Instructors are Females.
                    CBPO

Comment

• CBPO's, as a whole, are 18.6% female. That's an overall average of roughly 21K people employed in the GS-1895 series.

I have no idea what the current academy percent-female average is. I suspect it's something less than that 18.6%.

Comment

• Poly

So many applicants have taken a poly? They asked during my BI interview if I have taken and passed a poly which I have, twice but so far have no other mention about doing a poly, is it still hit and miss with taking the poly?

Comment

• Starting academy next week.

I am starting the academy next Tuesday. Anyone on here in class CBPOBT-296?
                          TO: 4/09/09
                          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                            So many applicants have taken a poly? They asked during my BI interview if I have taken and passed a poly which I have, twice but so far have no other mention about doing a poly, is it still hit and miss with taking the poly?
                            As I stated previously, they have been using the Poly as a pre-clearance tool for those applicants that are being picked up during the current surge for the SWB... Mandatory POLY's won't be in effect until next year, so right now it's a hit or miss sort of thing.
                            CBPO

Comment

Just passed the PFT1 in Miami this morning!! I am sooo happy! The man let me do them in any order I wanted. I did 27 pushups. The "block" they used for pushups was a 3 foot long styrafoam tube that was about 6 inches high (one and a half fists) so it was super easy. I did 45 situps. For the side step test, he used hand weights to mark off the area, and it was about 4 feet long. Waayyy shorter than the length in the practice video, so all I had to do was jump side to side instead of shuffling like in the video. The step test was the easiest thing ever.

That might be good for now, but I hope you are working hard because the standards will not be relaxed at your pft2 and especially at the academy. Depending on your height, the block will be thinner forcing you to go deeper for the pushup to count. I highly recommend you don't cheat yourself and practice nose to the floor pushups. I'm not trying to stir up anything just trying to give you a heads up before it is too late.

Comment

• So, I finally got and answered the call. I was given two locations. Columbus, NM and Presidio, Tx. Does anyone out there have any information regarding these two places?

I have Google'd both of them, they are small and far from any sort of densely populated area. Any thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14627 users online. 416 members and 14211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X