300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to bring to fletc?

Seen this come up in the past but would like to hear from some of the new guys who have recently started at FLETC.

What are some things to bring and things you wish you brought?

Are there any lists out there for items to bring/not to bring?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Is anyone having problems with the CBP website? I'm suppose to print and complete some forms before my EOD, but most of the time I can't even get into the website. Then if I'm finally able to get in, the links for some of the forms won't work. If anyone knows a way around this, please let me know. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by seschrader View Post
        Seen this come up in the past but would like to hear from some of the new guys who have recently started at FLETC.

What are some things to bring and things you wish you brought?

Are there any lists out there for items to bring/not to bring?

Thanks for your help!
        Fletcforum.com has a good list.
        Last edited by OPJr; 10-30-2011, 06:02 PM.
        Written: 12/8/10
        NOR: 1/25/11
        TO: 5/11/11
        Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
        BI: 6/14/11
        VBT/SI: 6/20/11
        Drug Screen: 9/29/11
        Call: 10/5/11
        PTF2: 10/14/11
        EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
        FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Cbp

Session! On your Feet! 1st contact last defense horse face!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
            Great for you! Wow, did you even see your B.I. investigator yet? Or do you already have a CBP clearance? I tested the last week of August, and things seem to be happening fast.
            Hey sorry for the delayed response... I haven't been on here in several days. No, I haven't been contacted about the BI yet. My PFT1 is tomorrow morning. I am praying that I pass. I just read the posts about those other girls passing everything but the pushups. I would be so heartbroken. But, I've been practicing every day and I'll give it my best. We'll see!
            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
            E-QIP: 10/12/11
            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
            B.I.: ???
            PFT2:
            E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
              12/05/2011 at port of entry and 01/11/2012-05/16/2012 FLETC
              HOLY FAST!!!!!! I looked at your signature and that is the fastest timeline I've ever seen!!!! So I guess after I am contacted by the BI, I should be prepared to move very quickly. (Granted I am able to pass the physical stuff.) Geez, you must be stoked!! Wow Congrats!
              PFT2:
              E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by z132878 View Post
                I'm typing this on my phone, so please excuse my errors.
                To the person who failed the pft1- You do not have to wait for a new announcement to start the proccess over. Your score is still good. Call the hiring center and they will give you a new TO.
                Person who asked about pay- go to cbp.gov, click careers, go to cbp officer, go to faqs about cbp officer, on page 2 or 3 it has a link to an opm site where it lists all the different salaries based on location.
                Person who asked what cass showed before getting the call- everyones will show something different. Mine showed that my BI was still pending a week after I got the call. If it shows scheduled for eod expect a call in no more than 2 weeks!
                I received my final offer email yesterday.
                Good luck to all of the 08 testers!
                Thank you for the info. I didnt know you could just call and get a new TO if you fail the PFT1. I'm not planning on failing, but that eases my mind a lot. I will not let these pushups beat me!! lol
                PFT2:
                E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                  Thank you for the info. I didnt know you could just call and get a new TO if you fail the PFT1. I'm not planning on failing, but that eases my mind a lot. I will not let these pushups beat me!! lol
                  If you fail any of the steps you will have to wait for a new announcement and apply, your score should still be good then...but a phone call is not going to get you a new TO.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Rumor has it that CBP finished FY11 well under where they wanted to be with regards to bringing in new hires. Supposedly, that means an increased push to bring in several hundred new people between 10/01 and 12/31.

Fast timelines might be an indication that there is teeth to that rumor.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      If you fail any of the steps you will have to wait for a new announcement and apply, your score should still be good then...but a phone call is not going to get you a new TO.
                      When I did my pft2, the 3 people who failed (1 cbpo, 2 bpa) were asked to stay behind by the administrators (all bpa) so that they could give them some contact numbers. One of the bpa failees later told me that they were going to re-test him. He didn't mention that he had to wait for a new announcement, but that doesn't mean that it's not the case. Although, by the way he said they were giving him the chance to re-test, it didn't seem to me like he was going to have to wait for a new hiring announcement . That was just a bpa, though...No idea what happened with the cbpo guy who failed.
                      Written: 12/8/10
                      NOR: 1/25/11
                      TO: 5/11/11
                      Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                      BI: 6/14/11
                      VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                      Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                      Call: 10/5/11
                      PTF2: 10/14/11
                      EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                      FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• EOD forms

Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
                        Is anyone having problems with the CBP website? I'm suppose to print and complete some forms before my EOD, but most of the time I can't even get into the website. Then if I'm finally able to get in, the links for some of the forms won't work. If anyone knows a way around this, please let me know. Thanks
                        Don't worry about printing out the forms, you will be doing all tthe forms when you go to your port. Just make sure u bring ur passport and state ID for the I9 form.

Comment

• On the subject of physical fitness, is there a yearly standard that has to be met? I ask because my girlfriend who works for TSA at LAX has highly question the standards for Customs. She mentions there are a couple officers who generally look like a slob and are not fit at all. She's very fit and in the military so her standards are a bit high.

I guess the same can be said for most LE departments (local, state, fed) but is fitness not a priority?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                            On the subject of physical fitness, is there a yearly standard that has to be met?
                            In short, the agency cannot require employees to meet fitness standards unless they pay them to workout; and that is not going to happen.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed-Ed View Post
                              Don't worry about printing out the forms, you will be doing all tthe forms when you go to your port. Just make sure u bring ur passport and state ID for the I9 form.

Thanks, that makes me feel better.

Comment

• Graduation

What time are graduations at FLETC?

&

Can we carry a backpack to class or does it have to be a book bag? (or does DHS prove a bag for us)?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14743 users online. 409 members and 14334 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X