300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nugg View Post
    Hey CBPOkid, we share a very similar timeline. I just finished my poly just wondering if you recieved an official letter or notification from MHC about the results or should I just wait to talk to my BI? And if you did how long after did you receive a notification about the poly? Thanks in advance.
    I never received anything for the polygraph test, the person that gave me the test told me there and there that I passed. He said they still had to be processed through Washington. I don't think your BI has the info on it honestly, but if you get to that part I'm guessing you passed.
    CBPO
    geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      You got a job offer two months after your tentative offer? That's nuts!
      Yeah I know everything went super fast, probably since I have a extremely clean record with not even a speeding ticket. Another reason might be because of the hiring surge for CBP.
      CBPO
      geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• What about the "steps"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
          Awesome. My investigator.just contacted.me.for my second.BI..
          Seeing him on sun... Question how Long did.it.take.for.your.BI.to.clear.from.when. you saw.the. investigator?
          about 5 months
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• I got put back into TSU last week as well.

Tested Aug 08 for Lax/Lb with my TO coming on Dec 22 of 08.

Another member on here just got the call for LAX with a Dec 08 TO as well so I'm on the edge of my seat this week.

I consider myself to be in above average shape for a 28yr old male (very avid cyclst), but I went to the local h.s. to test myself anyway.

In what order do they do the pft2 in? I did quite fine on the two runs, easily knocked out the pushups, but scared myself by finishing the situps in just under the time given. I also thought I read something about a sit and reach test???

Comment

• Health Insurance Plans for Michigan

To any Michigan CBPO's. I see multiple health insurance plans listed under Michigan. Are there really that many??

Suggestions for a good 5 person family plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                I got put back into TSU last week as well.

Tested Aug 08 for Lax/Lb with my TO coming on Dec 22 of 08.

Another member on here just got the call for LAX with a Dec 08 TO as well so I'm on the edge of my seat this week.

I consider myself to be in above average shape for a 28yr old male (very avid cyclst), but I went to the local h.s. to test myself anyway.

In what order do they do the pft2 in? I did quite fine on the two runs, easily knocked out the pushups, but scared myself by finishing the situps in just under the time given. I also thought I read something about a sit and reach test???
                220 Yards Dash- must complete in 50 seconds or less
                Push-ups-must complete 17 proper form in one minute
                Sit-ups - must complete 25 proper form in one minute
                1.5 Mile run- must complete in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less

I believe you get 5 min breaks in between.
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                  To any Michigan CBPO's. I see multiple health insurance plans listed under Michigan. Are there really that many??

Suggestions for a good 5 person family plan?

It should be available for CBP as well, there's a great website you can use for choosing a healthcare plan; plansmartchoice.com. It basically lets you input how many times you and your family typically utilize your healthcare network and what type of visits they are and it will tell you what the most cost effective plan is for you in terms of out of pocket expenses. Great healthcare website that hardly any GOV employees even know about.

I've had great luck with GEHA.....

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
                    I would like to know if salary for CBPO varies from port to port or only by the GS level or both. I recently googled a port of entry and it came up on indeed as a 7% less pay than other CBPO positions. I wonder if this is true or outdated or just depending on the GS level the person that posted their info was in.

On top of the previously mentioned locality pay, there is 50% Sunday differential, 100% holiday differential, 20% midnight differential, 15% evening differential and 2X COPRA overtime to consider.

In short, locality pay, GS level and willingness to work/availability of overtime/differential all effect total income potential.

A guy willing/able to work all the OT/differentials he wants will likely make 10's of thousands more than the same guy who's only interested in working a Mon.-Fri. 0800-1600 job with all holidays off and no overtime earnings.

Comment

• Are either CBPO or BPA on compressed work schedules? 3/12 or 4/10's? If not any plans to move to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                        Are either CBPO or BPA on compressed work schedules? 3/12 or 4/10's? If not any plans to move to it?
                        BPAs work 5-10 hour shifts and often times a lot of extra hours on top of that.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          BPAs work 5-10 hour shifts and often times a lot of extra hours on top of that.
                          So sounds like it is 4-10s with the 1 10 hour overtime shift?

Comment

So sounds like it is 4-10s with the 1 10 hour overtime shift?
                            No. Border Patrol Agents don't get overtime regularly. They work eight hours straight time plus two hours AUO (Administratively Uncontolled Overtime (which is technically optional, but don't bank on the option)) five days a week. AUO tops out when an Agent works an average of ~18.5 hours AUO a pay period.
                            Gek.

Comment

Are either CBPO or BPA on compressed work schedules? 3/12 or 4/10's? If not any plans to move to it?
                              Some CBPOs at some ports work AWS's.

It's pretty much up to the whims of the port as to how they manage the AWS. Typically, it requires 80 work hours every two weeks. I seen 8/10's, 8/9 and 1/8, 6/12 and 1/8 up and about running in some locations. I suspect there are more out there I haven't ran across, like an 13.33/6.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
                                220 Yards Dash- must complete in 50 seconds or less
                                Push-ups-must complete 17 proper form in one minute
                                Sit-ups - must complete 25 proper form in one minute
                                1.5 Mile run- must complete in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less

I believe you get 5 min breaks in between.
                                The sit ups are done before the push ups. You get a 5 min break from the time that the last person finishes each test.
                                12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                                5/25 TO
                                5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                                5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                                6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                                7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                                7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                                7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                                8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                                8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                                8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                                8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                                10/13~ BI CLEARED
                                10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                                10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                                11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                                12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6661 users online. 154 members and 6507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X