Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    Mine said that too... You shouldn't be surprised when you find out you passed or failed.
    Ok, because the lady said I passed it. Must just be a formality.

    Comment


    • is cbp a "STRESS" academy? or is it somewhat laid back? obviously there is PT and academic work that has to be done and passed, but is it more like college or what?

      Comment


      • Can anyone note some of the promotional opportunities available to CBP Officers, and the years of uniformed service that need to be completed before applying for such promotions?

        Comment


        • 1234567890
          Last edited by Gabbanelli911; 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
            Ok, because the lady said I passed it. Must just be a formality.
            nothing to worry about; mine said same thing and it just changed to completed. I also ask the guy there if I had pass it, and he said yes.
            TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
            NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
            QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
            GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
            PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
            MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
            FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
            VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
            DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
            BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
              Can anyone note some of the promotional opportunities available to CBP Officers, and the years of uniformed service that need to be completed before applying for such promotions?
              Promotion to first line supervisor (GS-12) is competitive and requires at least 52 weeks time in grade as a GS-11. Other then that, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who they pick for supervisor. After that you can be selected for Chief (GS-13) after another 52 weeks in grade as a 12. At my port now a GS14 is the Asst. Port Director while a 15 is the PD. This isn't true at all ports as my last port had an SES for the Port Director with a 15 APD and 14 Branch Chiefs.

              If that sounds like too much work, you can just get a job at headquarters and get your 13 or 14 in a couple of years.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by verbalkint4 View Post
                Promotion to first line supervisor (GS-12) is competitive and requires at least 52 weeks time in grade as a GS-11. Other then that, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who they pick for supervisor. After that you can be selected for Chief (GS-13) after another 52 weeks in grade as a 12. At my port now a GS14 is the Asst. Port Director while a 15 is the PD. This isn't true at all ports as my last port had an SES for the Port Director with a 15 APD and 14 Branch Chiefs.

                If that sounds like too much work, you can just get a job at headquarters and get your 13 or 14 in a couple of years.
                What are the first line sups duties? And do they work OT like the other CBPOS?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                  For those of you that were police officers before being offered a CBP Officer position, what did you wrote on your two week notice to your Chief of Police? Can anybody give me a sample of a two week notice?
                  Just "assuming" you are a police officer, certainly you have written many reports with proper grammar. I believe the proper question would be, "what did you WRITE on your....." Also, again, assuming you are a police officer and have written reports, why in the world are you asking for a sample of a two-week notice? When you go to FLETC, are you going to ask the person beside you what they put down for their answer on a test? I believe we have something called "integrity" in this agency!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                    Just "assuming" you are a police officer, certainly you have written many reports with proper grammar. I believe the proper question would be, "what did you WRITE on your....." Also, again, assuming you are a police officer and have written reports, why in the world are you asking for a sample of a two-week notice? When you go to FLETC, are you going to ask the person beside you what they put down for their answer on a test? I believe we have something called "integrity" in this agency!!
                    Ahhhhh! He's a grammar and ethics NAZI!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                      Ahhhhh! He's a grammar and ethics NAZI!!
                      FYI, I'm a she, not a he!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        What are the first line sups duties? And do they work OT like the other CBPOS?
                        Duties will vary widly depending on where the supervisor is assigned. Generally, they oversee day to day operations and ensure things are running smoothly. For instance, at our airport, we have supervisors who are wait time managers, oversee passenger primary and baggage secondary, who oversee hard secondary and we even have a supervisor who is a customer service manager.

                        As for OT, yes, they get to work OT. How much or how little is dependant on where they are.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                          Just "assuming" you are a police officer, certainly you have written many reports with proper grammar. I believe the proper question would be, "what did you WRITE on your....." Also, again, assuming you are a police officer and have written reports, why in the world are you asking for a sample of a two-week notice? When you go to FLETC, are you going to ask the person beside you what they put down for their answer on a test? I believe we have something called "integrity" in this agency!!
                          Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                            FYI, I'm a she, not a he!!!!
                            My bad. -- Ahhhhh! She's a grammar and ethics NAZI!!

                            Comment


                            • Are we issued nylon or leather gear?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                                Are we issued nylon or leather gear?
                                As of today, leather.

                                That may change, at least for those working cargo.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4675 users online. 358 members and 4317 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X