Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by godzilla View Post
    I looked everywhere on this forum and a few others and could not find anything. i am already a employee with dhs and i am also military. back in college i only used mj 2x ('08, and '10). i have denied drug use with my dhs employer and with the military. am I automatically DQ'ed for cbpo? I cant their policy anywhere. if i fill out the sf 86(eQIP) differently for cbp than i did with my current dhs employer will they compare the two background applications? I am in a probationary period with my current employer for 20 more months, can a failed poly cause me to lose my current job?

    there is no need to kick me around, i am just looking for information i cant seem to find anywhere else.
    I have to agree with Arewethereyet. You should just stick with your current job. Even if you did go through with the CBPO position and tell them the truth during your BI, you would need a pretty good reason on not exactly why did you smoke MJ, but why you smoked it last year. It's ok if someone experimented way back in the day and applied for this career but it's not ok when that person used drugs well past that "experimental stage" of late grade school/high school. I'd even say early college years but I know guys who received underage drinking tickets that may have screwed them for a chance at an LE career.If you choose not to share the info, you will probably end up failing the poly.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by davidB. View Post
      How often do families come to fletc graduation?
      Very often.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by davidB. View Post
        How often do families come to fletc graduation?
        It happens all the time. My family attended my graduation from Fletc. When I attended Flectc every one regardless of port attended the Spanish program, my family did not attend the graduation from the Spanish program. It was a much more low key event. However, that may not even apply depending on what port you are going to be working.

        FB

        Comment


        • Thanks, both of my younger brothers graduated basic training for the army in Georgia, and my mom would love the chance to see my graduation in georgia as well. Even if it does come in the middle of the god forsaken summer. Man it was horrible with that humidity

          Coming from L.A.
          Last edited by davidB.; 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM.

          Comment


          • Hey just able to log back on today, my account was acting up.

            But I found out on Tuesday my 2nd BI finally cleared and my CASS now states referred to scheduled EOD!

            no call or email or anything like that yet but at least I am getting closer.
            CBPO
            TO - 05/08 JFK
            EOD - 12/05/2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
              Depends how long they have been in the process. Ex: I have been around long enough that when I did the PFT1 it didn't include pushups.
              The first PFT I took didn't have pushups either. That was also before they had the PFT2. They made me take the "new pft1" even though the original was still current because standards changed.

              There is no excuse, especially if the applicant wasnt even close.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                Hey just able to log back on today, my account was acting up.

                But I found out on Tuesday my 2nd BI finally cleared and my CASS now states referred to scheduled EOD!

                no call or email or anything like that yet but at least I am getting closer.
                Hey Hey!!

                Look at you, moving up in the world LOL. Congrats, my BI still has not cleared. The waiting continues.

                LIcoastie, hope all is well.

                Comment


                • Do people with low 80's scores ever get called??

                  Hi everybody, took the test last december, 2010 in San Diego, and passed with a 81. I know this is quite low considering lots of people with military pts will already have 90's if they scored in the 80's. I asked a local cbp agent and she told me obviously they start with the tops score and work there way down. Has anybody ever been to academy or know if its possible with that score? I even changed my GEO to SWB but still no progress beyond getting my score.
                  CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                  NOR passed 1/25/11
                  Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                  Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                  PFT1 12/15/11
                  VBT/SI 1/26/12
                  VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                  LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                  Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                  Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                  Drug test 7/18/12

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by godzilla View Post
                    I looked everywhere on this forum and a few others and could not find anything. i am already a employee with dhs and i am also military. back in college i only used mj 2x ('08, and '10). i have denied drug use with my dhs employer and with the military. am I automatically DQ'ed for cbpo? I cant their policy anywhere. if i fill out the sf 86(eQIP) differently for cbp than i did with my current dhs employer will they compare the two background applications? I am in a probationary period with my current employer for 20 more months, can a failed poly cause me to lose my current job?

                    there is no need to kick me around, i am just looking for information i cant seem to find anywhere else.

                    Some people have already laid out the facts for you, so I won't repeat them. Having said that, your grammar and overall demeanor indicate you are still on drugs, so kindly leave before we do actually start kicking you around these forums are reserved for people with integrity. You realize there are plenty of CBPOs on here don't you?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      The first PFT I took didn't have pushups either. That was also before they had the PFT2. They made me take the "new pft1" even though the original was still current because standards changed.
                      wow...I didn't have to take the PFT1 again.....just had to complete the PFT2 once the time came.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                        Hi everybody, took the test last december, 2010 in San Diego, and passed with a 81. I know this is quite low considering lots of people with military pts will already have 90's if they scored in the 80's. I asked a local cbp agent and she told me obviously they start with the tops score and work there way down. Has anybody ever been to academy or know if its possible with that score? I even changed my GEO to SWB but still no progress beyond getting my score.
                        Sent you a PM.

                        Comment


                        • CBP officer..pft 1

                          I recently took the cbpo test, scored a 90. Was elligible after the VBT and SI. Did 50 push ups, 32 situps and the other two tests went well. I knew nothing about the side step test and got only 6 out of the 8 minimum. Next thing I got a letter that I had been dropped from possible employment. I was told I could re-apply next time there was a vacancy. All passing tests will be good for 1 - 3 yrs. Has this happened to anyone out there? Does this mean when I re-apply I will only do the medical with fitness test? Does anyone out there know if this can be appealed being that it was only 2 line touches. I mean other than the 2 touches I did great and was really looking forward to the position of cbpo.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                            wow...I didn't have to take the PFT1 again.....just had to complete the PFT2 once the time came.
                            Well this was before the had the PFT1, it was with out pushups. And you had to do it every year with the medical exam if it expired. The new PFT1 is just once.
                            CBPO
                            TO - 05/08 JFK
                            EOD - 12/05/2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                              Well this was before the had the PFT1, it was with out pushups. And you had to do it every year with the medical exam if it expired. The new PFT1 is just once.
                              That is exactly what I am speaking of.....the "medical/fitness test" before it was labeled PFT1....we have both been around a while...I applied in April of '08. Regardless, I only had to do it once. My medical portion expired.....but never the fitness. Thankfully.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                                That is exactly what I am speaking of.....the "medical/fitness test" before it was labeled PFT1....we have both been around a while...I applied in April of '08. Regardless, I only had to do it once. My medical portion expired.....but never the fitness. Thankfully.
                                well none of this process had made much sense along the way, all the changes... crazy couple of years with this crap
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7908 users online. 215 members and 7693 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X