300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JaZ View Post
    Hello all, I haven't replied in a long while now. I've been waiting for over 3.5 years and I finally got the "email" last week on Monday; I took the PFT2 on the Thursday prior. I'm headed to Vermont, finally! .........I saw a few of you respond to this thread with a FLETC date of 12/06/11, as am I. I just want to say congratulations to everyone and good luck. I'll see you down there. Also, is anybody else going to Vermont? Is anybody still trying to get into Vermont?
    Do not be shocked if you are the only person going to the NB from your class. I am one of two in my class of forty something. I'll be a few hours west of you VT is a great location though! Especially if that's where you are from.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyniaal View Post
      Just got my FLETC class- 205 (Dec 6 - April 13) See you soon.
      best time of the year to be down there.. come march/april.. get that gnat spray ready tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by JaZ View Post
        Hello all, I haven't replied in a long while now. I've been waiting for over 3.5 years and I finally got the "email" last week on Monday; I took the PFT2 on the Thursday prior. I'm headed to Vermont, finally! .........I saw a few of you respond to this thread with a FLETC date of 12/06/11, as am I. I just want to say congratulations to everyone and good luck. I'll see you down there. Also, is anybody else going to Vermont? Is anybody still trying to get into Vermont?
        Congratulations, good for you for sticking it out. Although I am a Dec. '10 tester and have the entire Northeast region as a geo. preference I'd love to move back to VT some day. Glad to see things are moving for Northeastern ports too, gives me hope that I might get picked up within a few years myself. Good luck at the academy.

Comment

• Thanks 180

Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
          Congratulations, good for you for sticking it out. Although I am a Dec. '10 tester and have the entire Northeast region as a geo. preference I'd love to move back to VT some day. Glad to see things are moving for Northeastern ports too, gives me hope that I might get picked up within a few years myself. Good luck at the academy.
          Anywhere in particular? I only ask because back then they gave me three choices of high need areas -- VT, MT, WA. Yes, VT was and still is a high need area. They are short around 25; that's what I was told.

Comment

• see -- you're probably right

Originally posted by seeOH View Post
            Do not be shocked if you are the only person going to the NB from your class. I am one of two in my class of forty something. I'll be a few hours west of you VT is a great location though! Especially if that's where you are from.
            It is my understanding too that I'll probably be the only one; one can hope. Strength in numbers! Forty? Wow, I thought I was old. LOL I'm 39. I received a tentative agreement at the age of 36. What about you?

Comment

• Oh, nevermind

Originally posted by JaZ View Post
              It is my understanding too that I'll probably be the only one; one can hope. Strength in numbers! Forty? Wow, I thought I was old. LOL I'm 39. I received a tentative agreement at the age of 36. What about you?
              NE region -- got it.

Comment

• SWB rush

Received my EOD confirmation email today after completing the pft2 the other day for the SWB.Question to everyone that's been following this thread since 08-09. Has there been an urgent need for officers in the SWB like what's going on now, in the past? Its hard to think with this rush of officers how stressful it must have been for the past how many years being undermanned. I also wonder after this initial rush is over, if all that OT I hear about on the SWB with slowly become less with the new manpower. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by veno135 View Post
                  I also wonder after this initial rush is over, if all that OT I hear about on the SWB with slowly become less with the new manpower. Thanks and good luck to everyone.
                  I've been wondering the same thing about the overtime. I lost a little bit of money in the transfer figuring overtime would more than make up for it after FLETC. Any insight from the veterans?
                  Written: 12/8/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11
                  TO: 5/11/11
                  Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                  BI: 6/14/11
                  VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                  Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                  Call: 10/5/11
                  PTF2: 10/14/11
                  EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                  FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
                    I've been wondering the same thing about the overtime. I lost a little bit of money in the transfer figuring overtime would more than make up for it after FLETC. Any insight from the veterans?
                    I'm no VET but I would assume there is always OT depends on where your going. There are lots of SWB ports expanding and making more lanes. ATL and JFK are building new terminals so always room to make money. It will prob be so much OT you won't want anymore hahaha.
                    CBP: CBPO
                    EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                      Hey guys just out of curiosity what did these girls do wrong? I'm asking bc of the pft1 that required pushups. Did they not use a block this time around? It just seems wierd that they would pass the pft1 and not pass the pft2 due to the pushups.
                      Depends how long they have been in the process. Ex: I have been around long enough that when I did the PFT1 it didn't include pushups.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
                        Almost all ports will have at least some OT.

During pre-academy, academy and OJT post-academy you'll likely see very little to no chance of OT. After that...well, it'll depend on the port, you, shifts, bids, etc. Of course, you're soon looking at 89 training days in FLETC, with food and lodging paid for by Uncle Sugar. You ought to be able to bank some money there, if you are motivated to save.

If "a little bit of money" is something <5K extra, I'd say there is a more than reasonable chance of picking that up just about anywhere. If you're looking to squeeze the 35K cap out above base pay...well, then you better hope that you have hit the jackpot as far as port and circumstances go.

Comment

• another drug use questions

I looked everywhere on this forum and a few others and could not find anything. i am already a employee with dhs and i am also military. back in college i only used mj 2x ('08, and '10). i have denied drug use with my dhs employer and with the military. am I automatically DQ'ed for cbpo? I cant their policy anywhere. if i fill out the sf 86(eQIP) differently for cbp than i did with my current dhs employer will they compare the two background applications? I am in a probationary period with my current employer for 20 more months, can a failed poly cause me to lose my current job?

there is no need to kick me around, i am just looking for information i cant seem to find anywhere else.

Comment

• How often do families come to fletc graduation?

Comment

• Originally posted by godzilla View Post
                              I looked everywhere on this forum and a few others and could not find anything. i am already a employee with dhs and i am also military. back in college i only used mj 2x ('08, and '10). i have denied drug use with my dhs employer and with the military. am I automatically DQ'ed for cbpo? I cant their policy anywhere. if i fill out the sf 86(eQIP) differently for cbp than i did with my current dhs employer will they compare the two background applications? I am in a probationary period with my current employer for 20 more months, can a failed poly cause me to lose my current job?

there is no need to kick me around, i am just looking for information i cant seem to find anywhere else.
                              Hey man, I'm going to try and be as polite as possible, but you are retarded for even bringing this up. First of all, have you ever heard of fraudulent enlistment? And since your employer is with DHS, I don't know if they will compare, but if they do, you're screwed. The worst that's going to happen is you're going to get black listed by CBP, you're going to lose your job with DHS, and the military will come and charge you with fraudulent enlistment. By you even bringing up such a statement raises some serious integrity questions as well. "Trust Betrayed". Read it on the DHS intranet under CBP. It's a long list of people who have gotten arrested and/or fired for doing illegal acts. If you want to take your chances, continue with lying. I don't even know why you lied about using pot twice. If I were you, just stick with your DHS job now. Otherwise, I would be up front about everything (which you should have been in the first place anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by godzilla View Post

Yes, expect to have your current DHS SF-86 compared to the one you fill out for CBPO. Also, once you complete a polygraph, expect the results and any answers compared to your current SF86 and if there are any discrepancies, prepare to be investigated by IA and prepare to be terminated from you current job. As a current DHS employee, I've seen it happen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14495 users online. 423 members and 14072 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X