Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with the VBT and was given an SI a few minutes after. Feeling pretty good about it. Now, time to wait until my poly. :/

Originally posted by OPJr
    Zipties, I qualified at 7 and that's what they offered me. I don't know if they're still offering. I read somewhere that they only have so many positions for 7, then they only offer 5. I'm not sure if that's true, but I'm sure someone here has more insight.
    Thanks guys, that's what I thought the rule was; thus, why I asked. I was wondering if 7's are still being doled out or are the moving to 5's now because all the 7's have been used up.

Originally posted by c0reya View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my CASS application progress is not updating? Back in August I took the written exam. About the 3Oth of August I received my NOR Results. sept I received my TSL. On around the 15th of sep I received my pre-qual paper work and I faxed them back the next day. Sep 30th I received my back ground info on eqip. Along with my financial records and my signature pages. also faxed back the next day. Oct. 14th I received my VBT test date and location Nov. 8th also on Oct 22 I received a phone call for my Medical and Ftp1 for this Thursday but nothing on CASS is updated. Also after nov 8th am I done with all this paper work and test or is there more?
    Things, for the most part, won't update until you've done them AND they've reviewed and assessed your work. Be ready for a lot of hurry up and wait...It IS the G after all.

Comment

• Zipties, if I remember correctly, the grade level that I had been selected for was given to me in a letter that came along with the fingerprint kit for the BI. Does anyone else remember this?
      Written: 12/8/10
      NOR: 1/25/11
      TO: 5/11/11
      Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
      BI: 6/14/11
      VBT/SI: 6/20/11
      Drug Screen: 9/29/11
      Call: 10/5/11
      PTF2: 10/14/11
      EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
      FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
        Done with the VBT and was given an SI a few minutes after. Feeling pretty good about it. Now, time to wait until my poly. :/
        about how long was your vbt and SI each

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          about how long was your vbt and SI each
          About 30 and 20 minutes respectively; however, I was there for about 3 hours total.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
            The crazy thing is...I was there and saw these girls. Both in good shape and seemed ready. One of them currently in the Air Force. They knocked out the 220 together...knocked out the situps together....and then got knocked out together on the pushups. Felt real bad for them.
            Hey guys just out of curiosity what did these girls do wrong? I'm asking bc of the pft1 that required pushups. Did they not use a block this time around? It just seems wierd that they would pass the pft1 and not pass the pft2 due to the pushups.
            CBPO
            Test- 12/9/10
            NOR- 1/07/11
            T.O.- 4/1/11
            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
            Pft2- ?
            Eod- ?

Comment

• PFT2 passed on to Nogales

Congratulations to everyone who passed the PFT2 in Detroit yesterday. Did anyone else from that group get a mistaken e-mail from MHC? I received an e-mail saying congratulations for passing my PFT1 which concerned me a little considering my EOD is Nov. 7.
              Also, any suggestions on where to stay for my month in Nogales before FLETC? Should I stay right in Nogales or go closer to Rio Rico?

Comment

• Failing the PFT2

Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                Hey guys just out of curiosity what did these girls do wrong? I'm asking bc of the pft1 that required pushups. Did they not use a block this time around? It just seems wierd that they would pass the pft1 and not pass the pft2 due to the pushups.
                They do not use the same block as the pft 1. There is no way the girl who couldn't do 2 push ups should have passed the PFT1. The foam block that was used at the PFT 1 was 4 inches high and (I think) 8 inches long. The foam block for the PFT2 was 2.5 to 3 inches high and 4 inches long. At least that's what they looked like to me. My fist was definitely taller than the pad. You should practice nose to ground push ups. Both girls failed because their knees rested on the ground.
                12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                5/25 TO
                5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                10/13~ BI CLEARED
                10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                  They did use blocks for everyone. For the 2 individuals who failed the pushups,who knows why. Here are the 2 reasons: an undisclosed injury prior or they did not keep in shape since the pft1. For anyone taking the pft2 in the near future and are worried about the situps, pushups, or running... I recommend you work your butt off to get in shape. Im willing to bet everyone who took the pft2 in Detroit yesterday would agree that even if your skinny/somewhat muscular or if your a big person with alot of muscle..it doesn't matter! If your unsure of what your body can or can't do and wait till the last minute, the instructors WILL fail you If you can't meet the pft2 requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyniaal View Post
                    Congratulations to everyone who passed the PFT2 in Detroit yesterday. Did anyone else from that group get a mistaken e-mail from MHC? I received an e-mail saying congratulations for passing my PFT1 which concerned me a little considering my EOD is Nov. 7.
                    Also, any suggestions on where to stay for my month in Nogales before FLETC? Should I stay right in Nogales or go closer to Rio Rico?
                    I have not received anything yet. I believe as I was leaving, one of the officers said MHC would get ahold of me that same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by z132878 View Post
                      They do not use the same block as the pft 1. There is no way the girl who couldn't do 2 push ups should have passed the PFT1. The foam block that was used at the PFT 1 was 4 inches high and (I think) 8 inches long. The foam block for the PFT2 was 2.5 to 3 inches high and 4 inches long. At least that's what they looked like to me. My fist was definitely taller than the pad. You should practice nose to ground push ups. Both girls failed because their knees rested on the ground.
                      oh ok thank you for clearing it up. I practice my pushups like that anyway so I am not worried about it. What I am worried about is that its getting colder and I know its harder to breathe. I went running this morning at 6:30am in my neighborhood and the cold made it difficult to breathe. I still made it under 17 min for 1.5 mile but compared to running on the track in the afternoon when it's warmer, it is very different. I run the 1.5 mile in 15 min on the track.
                      CBPO
                      Test- 12/9/10
                      NOR- 1/07/11
                      T.O.- 4/1/11
                      Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                      Pft2- ?
                      Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by veno135 View Post
                        They did use blocks for everyone. For the 2 individuals who failed the pushups,who knows why. Here are the 2 reasons: an undisclosed injury prior or they did not keep in shape since the pft1. For anyone taking the pft2 in the near future and are worried about the situps, pushups, or running... I recommend you work your butt off to get in shape. Im willing to bet everyone who took the pft2 in Detroit yesterday would agree that even if your skinny/somewhat muscular or if your a big person with alot of muscle..it doesn't matter! If your unsure of what your body can or can't do and wait till the last minute, the instructors WILL fail you If you can't meet the pft2 requirements.
                        Thanks for explaining
                        CBPO
                        Test- 12/9/10
                        NOR- 1/07/11
                        T.O.- 4/1/11
                        Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                        Pft2- ?
                        Eod- ?

Comment

• Got a green check over VBT/SI, background is in the security office, all I have to do is get a new date for my fitness test as I had a broken hand when they scheduled my first one and I couldnt do it, but I just passed the BPA PFT1 so I am not worried about this one. Seems to be moving pretty quick, started the process 07/11.

Comment

• Waiting as always..LOL

Same here.... BI in security office and waiting for the new forms to update. I took the test 12/10, had to but the VBT and some other things on hold while I was on orders. As of now nothing I can do but wait.

SWB- AZ/ALL

Comment

• Just got my FLETC class- 205 (Dec 6 - April 13) See you soon.

Comment

• Finally got the "EMAIL"

Hello all, I haven't replied in a long while now. I've been waiting for over 3.5 years and I finally got the "email" last week on Monday; I took the PFT2 on the Thursday prior. I'm headed to Vermont, finally! .........I saw a few of you respond to this thread with a FLETC date of 12/06/11, as am I. I just want to say congratulations to everyone and good luck. I'll see you down there. Also, is anybody else going to Vermont? Is anybody still trying to get into Vermont?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5956 users online. 385 members and 5571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X