Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigator was in town this weekend, knocked out my BI, he said he will be turning it in on tuesday or wed of this week. Looking pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
      You're welcome! I'm glad to be of some service after being a reader for so long. I can understand your preoccupation with the pft2. I never felt right when people would congratulate me because I knew I still had the pft2 to get through. It would just make more nervous knowing all these people at work expected me to be moving on and that I only had a week to prepare for the end of a long process. By the time the test date came, I was more worried about passing the blood pressure test! I figured adrenaline would help me through the rest, and it did. Al l my times improved at the test.

If you have more questions I'd be glad to help out. It seems to be the only thing I have concrete knowledge about.

For those who have been emoloyed by CBP for at least a year, does your first grade level increase come a year after EOD (pre-academy), or after finishing FLETC and starting at your port?
      I know what you mean...My co-workers, family, and friends all know and are expecting me to be gone. Talk about pressure!!

Comment

• Currently in Afghaistan

My name is Dave and I am currently in AFG as a civilian intelligence contractor. I have served in the military and after that I spent some time with the FBI a an intelligence contractor. It is time to settle down since I have been deployed for about a quarter of my life and was inquiring about a CBP position. I am going home in Feb/Mar of next (tax benefits) and am really looking into becoming a CBP agent. I just have a few questions for you guys that have experience with the hiring process. Is there anything I can do here in AFG to help with the hiring process? Does CBP hire all year long or is just until the position is filled? Thanks, any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comment

• Testing

Originally posted by esco1199 View Post
          My name is Dave and I am currently in AFG as a civilian intelligence contractor. I have served in the military and after that I spent some time with the FBI a an intelligence contractor. It is time to settle down since I have been deployed for about a quarter of my life and was inquiring about a CBP position. I am going home in Feb/Mar of next (tax benefits) and am really looking into becoming a CBP agent. I just have a few questions for you guys that have experience with the hiring process. Is there anything I can do here in AFG to help with the hiring process? Does CBP hire all year long or is just until the position is filled? Thanks, any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.
          They usually offer the standardized test once or twice a year. They currently have a big push to hire on the South West border. During the last open announcement you were only allowed to pick the South West border as your geo. preference. The test to become a border patorl agent is currently open. Check out usajobs.gov. According to an AP release, they have recruiters going to colleges because they have such a big hiring need. Good luck with all of your endeavors.
          12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
          5/25 TO
          5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
          5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
          6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
          7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
          7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
          7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
          8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
          8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
          8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
          8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
          10/13~ BI CLEARED
          10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
          10/26 PFT2 PASSED
          11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
          12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• You sure have a lot to say…..

Originally posted by Drifting View Post
            I can make it about two-thirds down my calves today.
            "Is that going to be twelve and a half inches from the groin? Past the knees? How is it measured?"
            Here are some other post of yours.
            "Heh. My investigator hold me the same. Look at the date I talked to him. Don't live out of boxes just yet."
            I don't recall seeing "Heh" in the dictionary.
            "Is the max time 17m00s?"
            "I'm más o menos fluent in Spanish and it was my major in college and I still failed the initial test to get out of Spanish at the Border Patrol Academy."

Perhaps you should think twice about going to Glynco?

You do realize that some people ask questions about the PFT2 just to gain the knowledge of how they test? I agree that some people do not put the effort in to prepare for the PFT2. I started training in March. Since starting my training I have lost 35 pounds, went from 9 push ups to 24, 21 sit ups to 32, and took almost 3 min off of my 1.5 mile run. You should not judge people you have never met. I am just extremely nervous about the test. I have been looking for a job for ~ 2 years. I know that people on the delphi forum for border patrol agents like to rip into people for using U instead of you, but this forum is not like that. I do agree that people should know the differences between there, they're, and their. I'm not sure you should be telling people what to expect at Glynco. How long have you been at Glynco?
            Last edited by z132878; 10-24-2011, 07:28 AM.
            12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
            5/25 TO
            6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
            7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
            7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
            10/13~ BI CLEARED
            10/26 PFT2 PASSED
            11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
            12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by z132878 View Post
              They usually offer the standardized test once or twice a year. They currently have a big push to hire on the South West border. During the last open announcement you were only allowed to pick the South West border as your geo. preference. The test to become a border patorl agent is currently open. Check out usajobs.gov. According to an AP release, they have recruiters going to colleges because they have such a big hiring need. Good luck with all of your endeavors.
              In your opinion, do you think the tests will still be open around March of next year (thats when I come back from Afghanistan)?

Comment

• No clue when the test will be offered again.

In your opinion, do you think the tests will still be open around March of next year (thats when I come back from Afghanistan)?
                I have no clue as to when the test will be offered again. I would suggest you take the border patrol agent exam if it is available in March. Some of the steps from that hiring process will transfer over to the customs and border protection process.

TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING ABOUT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS BEING MARKED PRIORITY: Since CBP uses private companies to do the background investigations they mark all applicants as priority. I'm not sure if they have always done this or if they just started doing it because of the mass hiring. That is what my background investigator told me. Most of the background investigators are told that they have ~ one week to complete your file. Mine forgot to talk to two references so they gave another investigator 48 to talk to them.
                Last edited by z132878; 10-24-2011, 07:49 AM.
                12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                5/25 TO
                6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                10/13~ BI CLEARED
                10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• As stated in my previous post I am an intelligence contractor in AFG. I currently hold a TS/SCI clearance, will this transfer over since it is from DOD and technically homeland security uses the same system? If it does transfer over than maybe I can bypass the background investigation since I already hold a top secret. Of course i may be wrong since all I know is DOD and not homeland.

Comment

• Originally posted by esco1199 View Post
                    As stated in my previous post I am an intelligence contractor in AFG. I currently hold a TS/SCI clearance, will this transfer over since it is from DOD and technically homeland security uses the same system? If it does transfer over than maybe I can bypass the background investigation since I already hold a top secret. Of course i may be wrong since all I know is DOD and not homeland.
                    Doesn't matter. I already have a clearance through DHS and they are still doing an investigation.
                    If you already hold an SCI, you should be okay as I'm sure they follow the guidelines of adjudication. Good luck!

Comment

• You will have a new BI

As stated in my previous post I am an intelligence contractor in AFG. I currently hold a TS/SCI clearance, will this transfer over since it is from DOD and technically homeland security uses the same system? If it does transfer over than maybe I can bypass the background investigation since I already hold a top secret. Of course i may be wrong since all I know is DOD and not homeland.
                      None of your current stuff transfers. Google CBP delphi for more details. It is the first link.
                      Last edited by z132878; 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM.
                      12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                      5/25 TO
                      6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                      7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                      7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                      10/13~ BI CLEARED
                      10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                      11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                      12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

None of your current stuff transfers. Google CBP delphi for more detail. It is the first link.
                        Well, your info in e-QIP will fortunately still be there, so you don't have to hunt for all that info again.
                        All you need to do is just update with new info like your CONUS address and/or OCONUS address.

Comment

You should not judge people you have never met. ... I'm not sure you should be telling people what to expect at Glynco. How long have you been at Glynco?
                          People get judged based on what they write; such is life. You've judged me as a ***** already and that's fine. I haven't been to Glynn County. However, I earned my badge once before. I haven't said to anyone that he isn't ready. I'm just throwing it out there that some people may need to consider their condition. It just amazes me the reports that some people put on here concerning PFT2 and barely being able to pass it. All I am saying is that if somebody barely passes PFT2, FLETC is going to suck.

Is "suck" in your dictionary?
                          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by esco1199 View Post
                            You clearance will definitely not transfer. As wasteful as it seems, every agency likes to do their own BI regardless of the level of clearance you may hold. You will be investigated in the same manner as John Doe who's been working for Burger King for the last 5 years and only has a clearance to use the fry-o-lator.

As for prior drug use, good luck. There are countless applicants out there who have never experimented with drugs and the G has its pick of the litter when it comes to hiring for a position where corruption is an issue and a major part of the work a CBPO does involves the discovery and handling of illegal narcotics. I'm not saying it's going to be impossible for you but the odds are surely stacked against you with your drug history.

Comment

• As for prior drug use, good luck. There are countless applicants out there who have never experimented with drugs and the G has its pick of the litter when it comes to hiring for a position where corruption is an issue and a major part of the work a CBPO does involves the discovery and handling of illegal narcotics. I'm not saying it's going to be impossible for you but the odds are surely stacked against you with your drug history.[/QUOTE]

Drug use? Is this directed towards me or to the community as a whole. I smoked pot once when I was 17; well over 10 yrs ago.

Comment

• IA number

Does anyone have IA's phone number. My phone quite working and I need to call them back.. please PM me. Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10844 users online. 505 members and 10339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X