Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a letter that I passed the VBT/SI and am eligible. Passed PFT1. Still waiting on medical to clear. I have the polygraph next week at a local IA office. My case in the security office, but I am assuming I won't meet with a BI until after I pass the polygraph. It seems the majority of/all the July testers will be scheduled for a polygraph. Congrats to those that recently got the call and good luck to those in process!

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
      Just got a letter that I passed the VBT/SI and am eligible. Passed PFT1. Still waiting on medical to clear. I have the polygraph next week at a local IA office. My case in the security office, but I am assuming I won't meet with a BI until after I pass the polygraph. It seems the majority of/all the July testers will be scheduled for a polygraph. Congrats to those that recently got the call and good luck to those in process!
      i have my vbt coming soon, after the vbt did u have the structured interview? Would i be fine with a shirt and tie dress pants and shoes? I dont even own a suit

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        i have my vbt coming soon, after the vbt did u have the structured interview? Would i be fine with a shirt and tie dress pants and shoes? I dont even own a suit
        yes. i had a structured interview after the vbt.

I would recommend a suit, but thats just me. At least a tie with you dress shirt and pants. If/when you get scheduled for a polygraph, you will be told to dress professionally (suit). Hope that helps and good luck with your upcoming VBT!

Comment

• How long after you pass the PFT2 do you you get your firm offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
            yes. i had a structured interview after the vbt.

I would recommend a suit, but thats just me. At least a tie with you dress shirt and pants. If/when you get scheduled for a polygraph, you will be told to dress professionally (suit). Hope that helps and good luck with your upcoming VBT!
            Negative, Do not dress in a suit or even a tie for the poly. It's a polygraph you want to be in business casual and comfortable. But for the VBT/SI nice shirt and tie is fine a suit won't hurt you either.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
              I've been reading the forum for a few weeks, but hadn't been able to post because of 'age restrictions'. I hit reply today to see if, by chance, my emails and messages to the moderators had finally been answered and voila.

I tested back in October 2010 and, after waiting forever because of medical reviews, I finally got my EOD 2 weeks ago. I passed my PFT2 last week on Friday and 3/11 folks didn't pass. I'm supposed to EOD November 7th in EP, TX, and I go to FLETC December 6th. Still waiting for the firm offer.

Good luck to everyone that's been waiting. I wasn't even expecting a call until next year because I wasn't aware that the academy was such a merry-go-round. I figured I would have to wait for a new class after the holidays. The call caught me off guard and a bit out of shape. Keep up your fitness levels. It's a shame to wait so long and fail at the very last step on something that should have been a breeze.

I hope to see some of you at FLETC!
              Hi,

I have the same EOD and FLETC date, but I'll be in AZ. We'll probably be in the same class at the academy. How was the PFT2? I have it Oct 25, and I'm kind of nervous. I've been practicing the test at the location where I'll be taking it, and I can pass everything, but I'm cutting it very close to the time limits.

Comment

• Hey, bowhunter, it'll be nice to know some classmates ahead of time. Honestly, if you're doing good on your practice runs, you be just fine. Like I said, I got caught off guard with the call for my conditional offer. I was sorely out of shape, and I had one week to get ready. I practiced the pushups and situps once to know where I stood and then left it alone when I saw I could do it. On the test, I did the pushups in about 30secs and the situps in about the same. I ran the 1.5 miles in 18minutes my first trial day, in 15 the second time, and 13:20 during the test. This was after pulling my quad after the 220yd run, which I still did in 39 seconds. This is by no means meant as bragging, because there's room for improvement. It' more of an 'if I can pull it off, you can too'.

Once you're there, adrenaline will kick in and you will do great.

My test admins were pretty cool, and they let you know when the 30 sec mark is during the pu and su test, and call out your lap times during the 1.5 so you know how to adjust. There is plenty of time for every event. I had border patrol testers at my pft2, so knowing I had more time than them was nice. One of them missed the 1.5 by 15 secs and I saw him walking during his run! As long as you don't stop to walk, you'll make it.I jogged the whole thing and made myself keep going without stopping.

As far as the firm offer goes, there seems to be a mad dash going on in the SW. One guy who tested with me on Friday entered on duty on zmonday, so he got his firm offer Friday afternoon. Another one just got his by email on Tuesday and he starts this Monday. I'm waiting for mine so I can make a decision and start Nov 7. There doesn't seem to be a set timeline.
                Written: 12/8/10
                NOR: 1/25/11
                TO: 5/11/11
                Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                BI: 6/14/11
                VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                Call: 10/5/11
                PTF2: 10/14/11
                EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                  How long after you pass the PFT2 do you you get your firm offer?
                  I took mine last friday and got the final offer tuesday. They email you the final offer letter, no calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheziM3 View Post
                    Same here, I report the 24 oct then fletc nov 18, any suggestions on the lodging? (pre-academy)
                    we have the same report dates, see you out in laredo. i sent u a pm. hit me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by nugg View Post
                      Negative, Do not dress in a suit or even a tie for the poly. It's a polygraph you want to be in business casual and comfortable. But for the VBT/SI nice shirt and tie is fine a suit won't hurt you either.
                      The agent that I spoke with told me to dress business professional (suit)

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
                        Hey, bowhunter, it'll be nice to know some classmates ahead of time. Honestly, if you're doing good on your practice runs, you be just fine. Like I said, I got caught off guard with the call for my conditional offer. I was sorely out of shape, and I had one week to get ready. I practiced the pushups and situps once to know where I stood and then left it alone when I saw I could do it. On the test, I did the pushups in about 30secs and the situps in about the same. I ran the 1.5 miles in 18minutes my first trial day, in 15 the second time, and 13:20 during the test. This was after pulling my quad after the 220yd run, which I still did in 39 seconds. This is by no means meant as bragging, because there's room for improvement. It' more of an 'if I can pull it off, you can too'.

Once you're there, adrenaline will kick in and you will do great.

My test admins were pretty cool, and they let you know when the 30 sec mark is during the pu and su test, and call out your lap times during the 1.5 so you know how to adjust. There is plenty of time for every event. I had border patrol testers at my pft2, so knowing I had more time than them was nice. One of them missed the 1.5 by 15 secs and I saw him walking during his run! As long as you don't stop to walk, you'll make it.I jogged the whole thing and made myself keep going without stopping.

As far as the firm offer goes, there seems to be a mad dash going on in the SW. One guy who tested with me on Friday entered on duty on zmonday, so he got his firm offer Friday afternoon. Another one just got his by email on Tuesday and he starts this Monday. I'm waiting for mine so I can make a decision and start Nov 7. There doesn't seem to be a set timeline.
                        Thanks for the confidence boost, and congrats on passing the test. See ya at the academy.

Comment

• How far down do you have to go for a sit up to count?

TO ANYONE WHO RECENTLY TOOK THE PFT2-

I'm taking the PFT2 next week and I'm trying to figure out exactly how far back do you have to go to complete one sit up. On CBP.gov it says "Return to the down position so that your shoulder blades touch the ground. This completes one repetition. My question is do your entire shoulder blades have to touch the ground, or just the very bottom of them. I have always been told different things by PE instructors. Thanks in advance!

To those asking about what to wear to the V.B.T./S.I.-
                          You do not have to wear a suit. If you don't own a suit don't go out and buy one just for this. Myself and the two others there were not wearing suits (it was 95 degrees out that day). Wearing a suit does not hurt in any way. If you don't wear a suit just make sure you do the common sense things like iron and starch your shirt. Basically dress pants and a tie are must, and DON'T LOOK LIKE A SCUMBAG.
                          Last edited by z132878; 10-22-2011, 09:29 AM.
                          12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                          5/25 TO
                          5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                          5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                          6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                          7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                          7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                          7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                          8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                          8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                          8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                          8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                          10/13~ BI CLEARED
                          10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                          10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                          11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                          12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• They showed us a video on proper form prior to the pt. The admins will make sure you understand exactly what they expect amd will not count anything that isn't proper. If you're asking so you can practice them correctly, our admin told us he wanted to hear our shoulder/blades hit the ground. They won' allow you to pull yourself up and gain leverage or momentum by using your hands behind your head and keeping your head and blades curled up and ready to go back up. You also must break the plane of your knees with your elbows when you're up. Does that make sense enough to answer the question?

Comment

• Also, in case it matters, they will hold your feet together for the sit-ups. One tester asked if he could place his feet farther apart and they said no. He had practiced with his feet apart because it was easier for him. Didn't notice much of a difference, myself. Unfortunately, it did make a diference for him.
                              Last edited by OPJr; 10-22-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the PROS and CONS of being a CBP officer? Did CBP officer's finally receive LEO status by the federal government? I found some information but it was a bit outdated. Mostly complaints and rants from current and former CBP officers. It seems like the selection is very relaxed compared to other LEO careers and you have to work very long hours for less pay and a poor retirement package compared to other LEO positions. Just looking for some information. Thank you!
                                Last edited by pmw9700; 10-22-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10010 users online. 475 members and 9535 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X