Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
    Wow..

In early 2006 I took the exam and failed. I was not prepared. In April 2008 I took the exam again...and passed.

Now...On October 18th, 2011.....I got the call!

Pending PFT2 date (maybe with z132878 - Detroit 10/26)

EOD: 11/21 in Detroit
    FLETC: 12/30 - 5/7
    GS-7

YOUR TURN CMU!
    Man, I hope you're right!! I'm very happy to hear you got the call!!! Finally, someone from Michigan on these boards has received some good news!!!!!!!!!

P.M. sent
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
      Anyone taking the PFT2 in Charleston on Friday?
      Hey I will be taking the PFT2 tomorrow in Charleston
      Exam: 12/10
      NOR: 1/25/10
      Qualifications: (GS-7)
      T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
      PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
      Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
      VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
      Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
      PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Yesterday afternoon, my drug screen was still pending after two months. I looked at CASS at 0145 today and it was green.
        Last edited by Drifting; 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM.
        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
          Where was the pft2 held and what order was the events?
          I had to fly to Dallas for the PFT2.
          1. 220 yard sprint in 50 second or less
          2. 25 situps in 1 min or less
          3. 17 push ups in 1 min or less
          4. 1.5 mile run in 17 min 15 second

They will give you 5 min break between each step and be relaxed when you go there cause they will measure your Blood Pressure. Good luck man

Comment

• Originally posted by tupacalypsejatt View Post
            Alright man, im wit u for atlanta on oct 24, i thought i was the only one. See you out there. Btw where r u staying? I found this cheap super 8 close by.
            I'm staying at Fairfield Inn 1.5 mile from airport and I got a good deal for 2 weeks. See you at the first day orientation on Monday.
            Take Care man

Comment

• I know some local LE departments give there new recruits a car to get to and from the academy. My question is does anyone know if there port supplies them with a vehicle for the few weeks at your port for pre-academy work? Not for the actual academy. Don't know whether to rent a car or not yet. Thank you.

Comment

• whats up all. Passed my pft 2, last friday. shipping out to laredo this sunday. then nov 18, off to fletc! any wisdom from anyone out here? anyone else on here headed out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by veno135 View Post
                  I know some local LE departments give there new recruits a car to get to and from the academy. My question is does anyone know if there port supplies them with a vehicle for the few weeks at your port for pre-academy work? Not for the actual academy. Don't know whether to rent a car or not yet. Thank you.
                  The port is not going to provide you with a car. You will find out quickly that government cars are one of the most regulated things in government work and misuse of one WILL get you in tremendous trouble. The only thing worst would be the misuse of the government travel card.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed-Ed View Post
                    I'm staying at Fairfield Inn 1.5 mile from airport and I got a good deal for 2 weeks. See you at the first day orientation on Monday.
                    Take Care man
                    I sure will, by the way did they tell you how long the port visit is? Do we get to come back home or straight to fletc?

Comment

• Got "the call" yesterday

So I got the call yesterday from Sarah She told me that she had 2 locations for me, the first was Lakeville, and the second was Douglas. I pick Douglas My EOD is Nov. 21st and FLTEC is Dec 30- to May 7th. Best wishes to all who are waiting!! And Thanks to all the senior guys for all the advice.
                      Anyone EOD in Douglas Nov 21? (I will like to coordinate lodging and logistics)
                      Anyone doing the PFT2 in Miami?

My Time Line
                      Test 12/16/2010
                      NOR- 1/21/2011 84%
                      TSL1-7/14/2011
                      Pre-Employment Forms- 8/19/2011 cleared
                      Fitness-9/19/2011 cleared
                      Medical-9/19/2011 cleared
                      Qualifications-10/20/2011 cleared
                      VBT/SI-10/04/2011 cleared
                      Met BI-9/06/2011 Clear 10/20/1011 (active USCG Security Clearance)
                      Drug Test-8/30/2011 Cleared

Comment

• Originally posted by synn0303 View Post
                        whats up all. Passed my pft 2, last friday. shipping out to laredo this sunday. then nov 18, off to fletc! any wisdom from anyone out here? anyone else on here headed out there?
                        Same here, I report the 24 oct then fletc nov 18, any suggestions on the lodging? (pre-academy)
                        Last edited by CheziM3; 10-21-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          The port is not going to provide you with a car. You will find out quickly that government cars are one of the most regulated things in government work and misuse of one WILL get you in tremendous trouble. The only thing worst would be the misuse of the government travel card.

FB
                          Aparently using a GOV vehicle for personal purposes won't always get you in tremendous trouble..........

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/1...vernment-work/
                          Last edited by 180Degrees; 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                            Aparently using a GOV vehicle for personal purposes won't always get you in tremendous trouble..........

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/1...vernment-work/
                            Nice article, but to piggyback on what FB said, one the fastest way to get a personal tour of an IA office is the misuse of a g-ride, credit card, or badge & creds. I assure you that it is taken seriously by the agency, and can / will earn you "time on the beach" to termination depending upon the circumstances. These among other things will be stressed at FLETC and your port.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaldo75me View Post
                              So I got the call yesterday from Sarah She told me that she had 2 locations for me, the first was Lakeville, and the second was Douglas. I pick Douglas My EOD is Nov. 21st and FLTEC is Dec 30- to May 7th. Best wishes to all who are waiting!! And Thanks to all the senior guys for all the advice.
                              Anyone EOD in Douglas Nov 21? (I will like to coordinate lodging and logistics)
                              Anyone doing the PFT2 in Miami?

My Time Line
                              Test 12/16/2010
                              NOR- 1/21/2011 84%
                              TSL1-7/14/2011
                              Pre-Employment Forms- 8/19/2011 cleared
                              Fitness-9/19/2011 cleared
                              Medical-9/19/2011 cleared
                              Qualifications-10/20/2011 cleared
                              VBT/SI-10/04/2011 cleared
                              Met BI-9/06/2011 Clear 10/20/1011 (active USCG Security Clearance)
                              Drug Test-8/30/2011 Cleared
                              I have the same EOD & FLETC dates....no word on my PFT2 yet...all for Detroit though.

Comment

• I've been reading the forum for a few weeks, but hadn't been able to post because of 'age restrictions'. I hit reply today to see if, by chance, my emails and messages to the moderators had finally been answered and voila.

I tested back in October 2010 and, after waiting forever because of medical reviews, I finally got my EOD 2 weeks ago. I passed my PFT2 last week on Friday and 3/11 folks didn't pass. I'm supposed to EOD November 7th in EP, TX, and I go to FLETC December 6th. Still waiting for the firm offer.

Good luck to everyone that's been waiting. I wasn't even expecting a call until next year because I wasn't aware that the academy was such a merry-go-round. I figured I would have to wait for a new class after the holidays. The call caught me off guard and a bit out of shape. Keep up your fitness levels. It's a shame to wait so long and fail at the very last step on something that should have been a breeze.

I hope to see some of you at FLETC!
                                Written: 12/8/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11
                                TO: 5/11/11
                                Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                                BI: 6/14/11
                                VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                                Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                                Call: 10/5/11
                                PTF2: 10/14/11
                                EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                                FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8135 users online. 266 members and 7869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X