300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
    So does the "New Guy" i.e. ME get stuck with the night shifts?
    It would probably depend on your port. Some people like the night shifts because you get paid more.

Comment

• Filled in the online application for the CBP Position. Even though I clicked 'Apply' through the Maryland posting, the only geographic location to choose from in my area was Virginia. Which is fine, except I wanted to put in for MD DE VA. Also, no testing listed in Baltimore, only in Washington D.C.

Also, it stated at the end that they will send me a test date with information within 10 days, as it cannot give me a testing time online now.

Guess all the testing spots are filled up?

Also, if the MD and DE locations are off the table, they should see about getting rid of those postings on USAJobs. I'm slightly happy though because for CBP I qualify for GS-07 under education. So potentially more money!

Comment

• Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
        Filled in the online application for the CBP Position. Even though I clicked 'Apply' through the Maryland posting, the only geographic location to choose from in my area was Virginia. Which is fine, except I wanted to put in for MD DE VA. Also, no testing listed in Baltimore, only in Washington D.C.

Also, it stated at the end that they will send me a test date with information within 10 days, as it cannot give me a testing time online now.

Guess all the testing spots are filled up?

Also, if the MD and DE locations are off the table, they should see about getting rid of those postings on USAJobs. I'm slightly happy though because for CBP I qualify for GS-07 under education. So potentially more money!

The current announcement was extended to 08/04 but is only accepting applications for "urgent need" locations; Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, East Texas, California (San Francisco/Oakland), California (Los Angeles/Long Beach), California (Calexico/Andrade), California (Southwest border), Washington (all other), Washington (Northern Border), New York (other), Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas (Presidio), St. Thomas, St. Croix, Florida-Key West, New Mexico (Columbus), Puerto Rico, and Vermont. That's why you weren't able to apply for MD and DE.

To all:
        Some of you seem to have a unrealistic expectation of what "urgent/critical needs" means in regards to a CBPO application.

Applying for a U/C needs location MIGHT mean you receive a TO faster than another location. It doesn't necessary mean you'll get hired faster. Nothing else( the BI, drug test, physical, etc.) will move any faster for a U/C needs location than it will for someone who applies under for a 'normal' location.

Comment

• I am sure that this was discussed at some point during this thread, but I dont feel like scrolling through 100 pages of posts to find it...

What is there to expect from your first duty station on the border...manning checkpoints? Actual patrolling for illegals?
          "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
          the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker View Post
            What is there to expect from your first duty station on the border...manning checkpoints? Actual patrolling for illegals?
            Duty stations and patrolling for illegals are for the Border Patrol. CBPOs are at Port of Entries. Its full of exhilarating passport stamping. But the duties are different depending on whether your port is an airport, seaport or a land border.

Comment

• Has anyone here received a TO recently? I took the CBPO exam in March 08. However, I received an email that said I needed to reapply so I did and I changed my preference for NY-all other area (it was listed as needing people).

Does anyone have an info on what areas NY-all other areas include?

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
                Well, on almost exactly the same day that I cleared my Medical and VBT, my Background Investigated switch from Completed (fmr. BPA-t) to Pending. I received a FedEx envelope containing the Credit Authorization (or whatever it is called) stating that I needed to complete and return it, even though it wasn't required with my initial paperwork.

My background for BPA was completed sometime in July, 2007, so I'm assuming I've hit the 12-month mark. My question is, will they begin a whole new BI or just update the old one? I'm hoping they'll just update it because it'll be faster (just two residences due to moving back to WI, and my current employer).

Thanks for the info...
                - Steve
                Similar position here, my BI was cleared by the BP in 2006 so they were trying to use it for my current application for BPA & CBPO but it has expired. They also sent me the financial form along with some others to fill out and resend so they can do an updated investigation. Wondering if they will only investigate from 2006 till now or if they will have to do the whole 10 yr investigation again even though i was cleared previously....

does anyone know?
                CBPO
                Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                Quals-completed 6/08
                BI-completed 8/08
                Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                Start-10/14/08
                FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by ec2749 View Post
                  Has anyone here received a TO recently? I took the CBPO exam in March 08. However, I received an email that said I needed to reapply so I did and I changed my preference for NY-all other area (it was listed as needing people).

Does anyone have an info on what areas NY-all other areas include?
                  More or less:

- Albany

- Alexandria Bay

- Binghamton

- Champlain

- Massena

- Ogdensburg

- Rochester

- Syracuse

- Trout River

Albany, Binghamton, Syracuse and Rochester are small airport ports and are extremely unlikely to see new hires.
                  Realistically, Champlain and A. Bay are most likely for new hires. Massena is supposed to be expanding, they may be a realistic option as well. T.R. and Odgens are medium sized ports. They maybe hiring one or two, but not many.

Comment

• wow

man im suppose to test tommorow; now im not so sure if this where i want to go!!

Comment

• I have about 6 ranges that are pretty close to me and not one of them has an HK P2000 to rent. Doesn't seem like a very popular weapon around here. I have a .40 Glock of my own that i shoot with but I would prefer to practice with the HK.

Comment

• How long does it take to move up in "steps" within GS? I start off at GS7-step 1... how long does it usually take to get to GS7-step 2 and then even to GS-8 etc?
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                          How long does it take to move up in "steps" within GS? I start off at GS7-step 1... how long does it usually take to get to GS7-step 2 and then even to GS-8 etc?
                          You won't move up in steps until you reach your 11. If you start as a 7, next year your a 9, following year your an 11. After that you see steps in your grade.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                            How long does it take to move up in "steps" within GS? I start off at GS7-step 1... how long does it usually take to get to GS7-step 2 and then even to GS-8 etc?
                            This should help

Year 1: 07/01
                            Year 2: 09/01
                            Year 3: 11/01
                            Year 4,5,6: 11/02-03-04
                            Year 7,8: 11/05
                            Year 9,10: 11/06
                            Year 11,12: 11/07
                            Year 13,14,15: 11/08
                            Year 16/17/18: 11/09
                            Year 19/until retirement:11/10

Comment

• In cass it says that my fitness results have been forwarded to the fitness director for determination. Has anyone else received this message? Makes me think i failed it if it had to go to the "director".

Comment

• Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
                                In cass it says that my fitness results have been forwarded to the fitness director for determination. Has anyone else received this message? Makes me think i failed it if it had to go to the "director".
                                Mine said that too... You shouldn't be surprised when you find out you passed or failed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10644 users online. 394 members and 10250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X