Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There is no average time. I tested at the end of march so it wasn't even 4 months for me to get the offer.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
      So I am looking at all the different health plans that we have to choose from and honestly none of them seen to be all that good. I was always under the impression that Federal benefits were really good. Am I just looking at them wrong or what?
      Check out the nationwide programs too. The one I am going to choose is on there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
        There is no average time. I tested at the end of march so it wasn't even 4 months for me to get the offer.
        Did you apply to a critical vacancy?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by will0861 View Post
          Thanks for all the info. Which do you think would be more consistant schedule wise? While the OT is a factor, I do have two kids at home that I have to plan for as well. I'M just trying to gather as much info as I can so if I get the call I can make the best decision for my family.


          Thanks again
          Well, that depends. If you want consistency and don't mind working during the evenings, then I would think LAX would be the way to go. I'm at an airport on the east coast now and, even though given the nature of international travel you'll be working in the evening, it's at least consistent.

          If you want more opportunities for bankers hours, I would suggest the seaport. It's not guaranteed, but I had a pretty good schedule for most of my four years there.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            Did you apply to a critical vacancy?
            ........................
            Last edited by jwm0516; 09-05-2008, 12:31 AM.

            Comment


            • Deleted....
              Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM.

              Comment


              • Deleted....
                Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                  Prior to going to FLETC, I am suppose to report down at my duty location in Miami, is this going to be on the job training what should I expect for about a month of being there?
                  I can only speak from my experience but I was only at my duty station for two weeks before I left to fletc....for the first couple of days we had to work on computer question stuff. It was just informative information. At the time I breezed through the computer stuff but I would recommend taking your time because most of the information is similar to what you learn at fletc. It's just kinda an introductory I would say. I was at a land border so once we were done with that we shadowed other CBP employees at pedestrian and secondary. I found that to be really helpful because you were able to talk to people who were basically doing the job and you would see things first hand. Obviously some people were more helpful than others. My duty station was huge so we couldn't really do anything but watch so it was kinda boring, but hey you got paid for watching so i'm not complaining. It really depends on your port.

                  Comment


                  • Expired Previous Background Invest.

                    Well, on almost exactly the same day that I cleared my Medical and VBT, my Background Investigated switch from Completed (fmr. BPA-t) to Pending. I received a FedEx envelope containing the Credit Authorization (or whatever it is called) stating that I needed to complete and return it, even though it wasn't required with my initial paperwork.

                    My background for BPA was completed sometime in July, 2007, so I'm assuming I've hit the 12-month mark. My question is, will they begin a whole new BI or just update the old one? I'm hoping they'll just update it because it'll be faster (just two residences due to moving back to WI, and my current employer).

                    Thanks for the info...
                    - Steve
                    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

                    - The Late George Carlin

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                      I was wondering if there is an actual "night shift" with customs or is there just an "evening shift" that gets off really late.
                      Yes there are "night shifts". Many ports are 24 hour ports.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sandiego411 View Post
                        I can only speak from my experience but I was only at my duty station for two weeks before I left to fletc....for the first couple of days we had to work on computer question stuff. It was just informative information. At the time I breezed through the computer stuff but I would recommend taking your time because most of the information is similar to what you learn at fletc. It's just kinda an introductory I would say. I was at a land border so once we were done with that we shadowed other CBP employees at pedestrian and secondary. I found that to be really helpful because you were able to talk to people who were basically doing the job and you would see things first hand. Obviously some people were more helpful than others. My duty station was huge so we couldn't really do anything but watch so it was kinda boring, but hey you got paid for watching so i'm not complaining. It really depends on your port.
                        Well thats basically what i assumed I would be doing, administrative things along with some shadowing. I guess boring will have to do for now, I assume we will be issued CBP uniforms when I arrive at the port or will it be mainly business casual throughout?
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                        Its game on from here....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                          Well thats basically what i assumed I would be doing, administrative things along with some shadowing. I guess boring will have to do for now, I assume we will be issued CBP uniforms when I arrive at the port or will it be mainly business casual throughout?

                          For us, business casual. You don't get a uniform until you are at fletc. When you first get there at fletc you will be wearing smurfs and your uniforms will be ordered. After a couple of weeks, your uniforms will come in and then you will wear those ones at fletc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sandiego411 View Post
                            For us, business casual. You don't get a uniform until you are at fletc. When you first get there at fletc you will be wearing smurfs and your uniforms will be ordered. After a couple of weeks, your uniforms will come in and then you will wear those ones at fletc.
                            So what exactly are "smurfs?"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                              So what exactly are "smurfs?"
                              They're basically a CBP uniform just not as nice....they have been washed and worn and don't exactly flatter anyone....but i have to admit they were comfortable!

                              Comment


                              • Deleted....
                                Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 15966 users online. 476 members and 15490 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X