Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got scheduled for polygraph.

    Are polygraphs still random or are they doing poly's for all applicants' now?

    I have not spoken to a background investigator yet. Just did the VBT/SI and medical/fitness test.
    Last edited by jonnylaw; 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
      Just got scheduled for polygraph.

      Are polygraphs still random or are they doing poly's for all applicants' now?

      I have not spoken to a background investigator yet. Just did the VBT/SI and medical/fitness test.
      I didn't have to take a polygraph, and I just received the call last week. I did however do a polygraph for my current job 4 1/2 years ago. I don't know if that has anything to do with me not taking one for Customs.

      Comment


      • Got the call and answered

        So I got the call yesterday but missed it. I was waiting all day for Sarah to call me back. At 2:05 I walked in to the washroom to take a leak. Half way through Sarah decides to call. No joke, she has the worst timing. So I answer the call and have to stop mid stream. She tells me she has 3 locations for me, the first was Lukeville, I think the city has a population under 200, the second was Douglas, I hear if you're not a local that port is hell, the third was SAN LUIS. Since I knew I wasn't going to get Phoenix or Scottsdale this was the place I wanted to go. My EOD is Nov. 21st and FLTEC is Dec 15- April 24th. Good luck to all who are waiting!! I can't wait to meet Yoda and other regular posters. Lots of people are getting the poly before they meet with their BIs. I think they are still only polying ~ 20%. Oh, and to the person who had problems with the medical and pft1: I had to quit my job because I was late for work twice in my first 60 days because I had to go to the medical place four times and three of them took over 4 hrs each.
        Last edited by z132878; 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM.
        12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
        5/25 TO
        5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
        5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
        6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
        7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
        7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
        7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
        8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
        8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
        8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
        8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
        10/13~ BI CLEARED
        10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
        10/26 PFT2 PASSED
        11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
        12/15-4/24 FLETC

        Comment


        • Originally posted by z132878 View Post
          So I got the call yesterday but missed it. I was waiting all day for Sarah to call me back. At 2:05 I walked in to the washroom to take a leak. Half way through Sarah decides to call. No joke. She has the worst timing. So I answer the call and have to stop mid stream. She tells me she has 3 locations for me, the first was Lukeville, I think the city has a population under 200, the second was Douglas, I hear if you're not a local that port is hell, the third was SAN LUIS. Since I knew I wasn't going to get Phoenix or Scottsdale this was the place I wanted to go. My EOD is Nov. 21st and FLTEC is Dec 15- April 24th. Good luck to all who are waiting!! I can't wait to meet Yoda and other regular posters. Lots of people are getting the poly before they meet with their BIs. I think they are still only polying ~ 20%. Oh, and to the person who had problems with the medical and pft1: I had to quit my job because I was late for work twice in my first 60 days because I had to go to the medical place four times and three of them took over 4 hrs each.
          Congrats on the call!
          I'll be long gone by Dec 15th... I'm out on Dec 2nd
          Best of Luck and get ready for the chicken!...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
            Just got scheduled for polygraph.

            Are polygraphs still random or are they doing poly's for all applicants' now?

            I have not spoken to a background investigator yet. Just did the VBT/SI and medical/fitness test.
            Same here Johnnylaw I did my VBT/SI earlier this month and got a call two days later for the poly. I haven't met my BI yet either. So don't worry I'm in the same boat. I have my poly in SD a week and a half from now. Everyone in the lobby i spoke to while waiting to get tested stated that they were schedule for a poly as well. I think the new batch of hires will more likey to get polyed then the veterens that have been waiting a while.Good luck bro!
            Last edited by nugg; 10-14-2011, 08:11 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Congrats on the call!
              I'll be long gone by Dec 15th... I'm out on Dec 2nd
              Best of Luck and get ready for the chicken!...
              Whats ur room number YODA, Im in building 186.

              Comment


              • Sent PM

                Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
                Thanks!! I got the call about 2 months after the VBT/SI.
                Check your inbox please.
                12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                5/25 TO
                5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                10/13~ BI CLEARED
                10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                12/15-4/24 FLETC

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hamballz View Post
                  Whats ur room number YODA, Im in building 186.
                  I'm in 185...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    I'm in 185...
                    185 and 186 had a little shin dig last night. Us responsible folks over at 187 behaved! (lies).

                    Congrats everyone on getting the call. I heard from an instructor that they are planning classes out into January and possibly even February. That's good news! As always, do not hold your breath. Hurry up and wait.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                      185 and 186 had a little shin dig last night. Us responsible folks over at 187 behaved! (lies).

                      Congrats everyone on getting the call. I heard from an instructor that they are planning classes out into January and possibly even February. That's good news! As always, do not hold your breath. Hurry up and wait.
                      I was there up until 11:30... I know some 187 folks made the stroll over our way!...

                      There was an Air & Marine grad class and Park Police grad class parties on each side and then CBP and IRS hanging out in the middle...
                      Last edited by yoda; 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • ... and your room number?

                        C'mon, folks. Exercise some common sense and courtesy here. It IS an open forum and all. The fact that someone would actually ask that so nonchalantly makes me believe they would have no problem giving out the same type of information as well. But then again, who am I kidding? I could not believe the type of stuff I witnessed with my own eyes at the academy so carry on.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                          ... and your room number?

                          C'mon, folks. Exercise some common sense and courtesy here. It IS an open forum and all. The fact that someone would actually ask that so nonchalantly makes me believe they would have no problem giving out the same type of information as well. But then again, who am I kidding? I could not believe the type of stuff I witnessed with my own eyes at the academy so carry on.
                          Makes you wonder right... things that happen on either side of the scale here, but it is what it is brother. All you can do while here is try to keep your nose clean, do the right thing, and carry on with your new career.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Makes you wonder right... things that happen on either side of the scale here, but it is what it is brother. All you can do while here is try to keep your nose clean, do the right thing, and carry on with your new career.
                            Did you guys see/hear the fight last night? A couple of guys were going at it, I could hear it from my room. It just amazes me how people get so drunk, dont they realize something that stupid can send them home?

                            Amazing...
                            CBPO
                            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                            TO: 2/2011
                            Medical: 3/22/2011
                            PT Test: 3/22/2011
                            VBT: 3/2011
                            Background: 3/2011
                            Drug Test: 4/2011
                            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                            PT Test 2: TBD
                            FLETC: Good Question lol
                            CBP Officer:

                            USMS- Region 8
                            Info Session 9/2009
                            Interview 3/2010
                            COE 5/2010
                            Medical 5/2010
                            Fit/Background 7/2010
                            All clear as of 11/2010
                            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                              Did you guys see/hear the fight last night? A couple of guys were going at it, I could hear it from my room. It just amazes me how people get so drunk, dont they realize something that stupid can send them home?

                              Amazing...
                              Unfortunately, I believe it. Idiots. Now I have to make some phone calls to make sure it was not anyone in my session. That would suck.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                                Did you guys see/hear the fight last night? A couple of guys were going at it, I could hear it from my room. It just amazes me how people get so drunk, dont they realize something that stupid can send them home?

                                Amazing...
                                Not during the time I was there... Pretty sure I'll find out if anything did happen today. Been here almost 3 months now and a fight between trainees has not happen that I'm aware of. However, when you combine lots of booze and testosterone things might happen.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8662 users online. 428 members and 8234 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X