300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 202020
    I can do the mile and half in about 12 minutes or less. About 40 push ups in one minute.
    I need to work on my sit ups I can do 25 in one minute that's more like barely passing. 220 yard, I will practice if my background investigation gets cleared

Good luck tomorrow.
    That right round my abilities.... Push ups 43, mile and 1/2 12:24, 220 34 seconds (but i worked to slow my pace to around 42 seconds to conserve energy) I can get 25 situps in 38 seconds though.... but trust me.....practice the "actual" order of the test give yourself about 3-4 min rest in between each requirement.... Good luck.....and be READY dont wait for anything to clear!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nugg View Post
      Awesome bowhunter congrats! how long after your VBT/Si did you get the call?

Thanks!! I got the call about 2 months after the VBT/SI.

Comment

• The calls are coming out as of late. Two of my fellow co-workers received "The Call" today (One female and one male) Female chose Brownsville POE and the male is calling back tommorow and will chose Brownsville as well. We all tested 12/2010 I was the lowest with 84% (My math was bad). We all met our BI a week apart with the female meeting hers 7/14 or 7/16ish. I met mine 7/26, and the other male 1 week after me. They scored higher then I did 90 (female) and 94 (male). I guess the calls are coming down in score order. We are all Federal employees with TSA (I re-signed 2 weeks ago to get a job with contracted BOP part-time wasn't cutting it.)

As for the PFT2 it will be a breeze.
        Push ups in 1 min- 81 and not stressing at all (could have did 100+ if I try.)
        Sit ups 1 min- 36 and stressing!
        1.5 mile- 12 min 13sec and running 1 mile in 7min 15sec.

As for what Guile said, people running the 1.5mile in like 8 seconds.
        I am a well fit guy 29 years young *smiles* I would not trade being able to bench press 445lbs and 500lbs squats to run my 1.5 mile faster.
        I weigh 215 pounds (lost 10lbs getting ready for the pft2 during this wait).

Good luck to everyone, and I hope "The Call" comes soon!

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
        Test 12/16/2010
        NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
        TSL1-5/25/2011
        TSL2-5/26/2011
        Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
        Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
        Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
        Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
        VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
        Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
        Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
        Written- 10/5/2011
        MHC received my application 10/7/2011 and assesing my Qualifications etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
          The calls are coming out as of late. Two of my fellow co-workers received "The Call" today (One female and one male) Female chose Brownsville POE and the male is calling back tommorow and will chose Brownsville as well.
          What EOD did the female receive?

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
            What EOD did the female receive?
            EOD Nov 21. She is my bestie If a guy can have one =) She deserves it sooo much. I hope Brownsville is offered to me as well.

Comment

• I will lose my mind in joy once someone post on here that they got the call for LAX/LB, more so if I can see their timeline.

Going nuts this week at my current job. I think about CBP every day, didn't help that Border Wars was just on the NatGeo channel lol

Comment

• New CBP class is starting today... From what I could gather asking some of them, most of them are SWB with one for ATL...
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  New CBP class is starting today... From what I could gather asking some of them, most of them are SWB with one for ATL...
                  Hey Yoda, any word on how many classes they will have before January. Someone on here said that they start the academy on December 6, I believe.
                  CBPO
                  Geo Pref:Georgia
                  NOR:3/07
                  T.O:10/08
                  1st TSU:6/09
                  2nd Fitness test:11/09
                  Credit pulled:4/10
                  2nd TSU:5/10
                  2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                  2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                  2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                  All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                    I will lose my mind in joy once someone post on here that they got the call for LAX/LB, more so if I can see their timeline.

Going nuts this week at my current job. I think about CBP every day, didn't help that Border Wars was just on the NatGeo channel lol
                    Yup. I feel your pain...i'm in the same boat. Seems like there hasn't been any posts for LAX/LB calls going out. Just stay ready for your PFT 2 the call will come eventually.

Comment

• Passed pft2!!

Myself and 7 other candidates passed the PFT2 this morning!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
                        Myself and 7 other candidates passed the PFT2 this morning!!!!
                        Congratulations! I see you at the academy!
                        TO: 4/09/09
                        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I got a call from my BG investigator yesterday. The meeting is set up, so it looks like things are getting squared away. He did mention, though, that my file was listed as "priority." Have any of you encountered this? Does this mean I need to start thinking about packing?

My guess is that they're trying to get everyone possible hired using whatever budget is current. I don't think my app is exceptional in any way, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen something similar lately.
                          CBPO

Test: 7/2011
                          TO: 8/29/2011
                          NOR: 8/30/2011
                          VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
                          PFT1: 9/28/2011

BPA

Test: 8/2011
                          TO: 9/28/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
                            He did mention, though, that my file was listed as "priority." Have any of you encountered this? Does this mean I need to start thinking about packing?
                            Heh. My investigator hold me the same. Look at the date I talked to him. Don't live out of boxes just yet.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
                              I got a call from my BG investigator yesterday. The meeting is set up, so it looks like things are getting squared away. He did mention, though, that my file was listed as "priority." Have any of you encountered this? Does this mean I need to start thinking about packing?

My guess is that they're trying to get everyone possible hired using whatever budget is current. I don't think my app is exceptional in any way, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen something similar lately.
                              When I met with my investigator he had a deadline to meet in submitting all the pertinent documents(includes your packet and interviewing certain individuals- employer, neighbors, associates- regarding your background investigation. I wouldn't start packing yet. A background still needs to be completed. Every background is different so hopefully yours will be completed soon. But you could start preparing for your PFT2. My background investigation is different from yours however from the time i met with the investigator I was scheduled for the drug test in about 2 months. Finally a few weeks later I was already offered an academy date eventhough my CASS still had my background investigation as pending in the security office.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                                Hey Yoda, any word on how many classes they will have before January. Someone on here said that they start the academy on December 6, I believe.
                                At this point I have no clue of start dates other than what's posted here... The class that arrived yesterday was news to me when I saw them checking in at the dorm.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10511 users online. 387 members and 10124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X