300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanhrho View Post
    i am meeting my investigator today and i have VBT/SI next week. i thought i have to pass the VBT/SI first to meet with investigator, but they are doing my BI before interview.
    Your investigation may run for months. Be glad that they are starting it now.
    Gek.

Comment

• sf/oak

Hey everyone, Well its been a loooong wait for me. Is there any one out there that has gotten "the Call" for sf/oak lately? I tested and went into TSU in 08/09, back when it used to state it took 30-60 days for Entry on Duty. 3 Years later everything expired and retaken and now back in Tsu. Any one that applied in 08 right after the hiring boom still around?

Comment

• Orientation Forms/Paperwork Question

Those of you that have all ready made it through the Orientation process I have a question about the forms. In the email I received today it had a link to print and complete the forms to bring with you when you report on your first day. However, once I clicked on the link and it took me to the "Before You Report" page it says MHC wants all of the forms either faxed or mailed before we report. What if we have questions about some of the forms and further more some of the links for these forms are broken. I tried calling the number in my EOD letter but did not get any answer today. For those of you that have already gone through this process did you have a chance to complete some of the forms your first day or were you expected to have already sent them to MHC?
        Also, since I am moving and will not have a permanent address just yet will it be alright to use my parents address (since this will be my forwarding address) to fill the forms out with even though this does not match what is currently on my drivers license?
        CBPO
        Test: 12/6/10
        NOR: 1/25/11
        T.O. 5/25/11
        Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• 1.5 mile run record

Originally posted by seeOH View Post
          The 1.5 mile run record is 6:52. Yes, that's like 1:08 miles which means that person sprinted 6 laps. Disgusting.
          That is Crazy fast no doubt but what is even more disgusting to me is the guys the place in things like the Boston Marathon. Those guys average litterally 5 minute miles for 26.2 miles straight!!! However, they are also skin and bones, personally I prefer trying to maintain a nice balance of endurance, speed, and strength. Of course that person with the record may have been genertically blessed with freakish endurance and strength but I find most people that are very gifted at one or the other are usually just that, one or the other.
          I guess my point is who do you consider the better overall athlete, the person with the record, or maybe the person who was a minute slower than the record holder but possibly much stronger then the record holder?
          In any case that person was defintely running at cheetah speed and my hat is off to them.
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10
          NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
            Those of you that have all ready made it through the Orientation process I have a question about the forms. In the email I received today it had a link to print and complete the forms to bring with you when you report on your first day. However, once I clicked on the link and it took me to the "Before You Report" page it says MHC wants all of the forms either faxed or mailed before we report. What if we have questions about some of the forms and further more some of the links for these forms are broken. I tried calling the number in my EOD letter but did not get any answer today. For those of you that have already gone through this process did you have a chance to complete some of the forms your first day or were you expected to have already sent them to MHC?
            Also, since I am moving and will not have a permanent address just yet will it be alright to use my parents address (since this will be my forwarding address) to fill the forms out with even though this does not match what is currently on my drivers license?
            HAHA. I asked the same question earlier, but decided to delete it because my friend answered it for me. Just print out and complete some of the forms and bring it with you to your first day.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              If you're under 15 minutes, you're good to go... PU's is 24 for passing. Sit & reach, if you're not as stiff as a plank, you can pass and then there's the 220 yard dash under 45 seconds. These are the Graduating standards... You should be good to go!
              At the academy the order is: 220 yard (1/4 mile), S&R, PU's and the 1.5 mile

Best of Luck!
              Yoda isn't the 220 yard dash 1/8 of a mile? I have been practicing the 1/8 mile... I took 1760(yards in a mile) and divided it by 220. I run my PFT2 tomorrow at 9am...hope i have been running the right test on my own time

Comment

• Does anyone know the phone numbers for MHC and the respective groups for info/updates on pre-empoyment steps? All numbers given in the TO, are not disconnected?

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
                  Yoda isn't the 220 yard dash 1/8 of a mile? I have been practicing the 1/8 mile... I took 1760(yards in a mile) and divided it by 220. I run my PFT2 tomorrow at 9am...hope i have been running the right test on my own time
                  Wait isn't a 220 yard dash (half a lap at a high school football field)?

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                    Yes, it is. Most high school fields are 400 meters and 220 yards is about 201 meters. So, half of that high school track field.

For the Pft2, do people normally sprint that 220 yards max speed or they try to save energy for the 1.5 mile ?
                    Yeah half a lap equals 1/8 of a mile.

PFT2.....i am good on all requirements but i have been doing the test as they will give it....if you sprint full out you will definitely feel it on your mile and a half.... I ran the "dash" several times to get my time in between 40 an 45 seconds..... it definitely helps with the run. Just be sure not to go too slow!! I find out how it turns out tomorrow!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                      Yes, it is. Most high school fields are 400 meters and 220 yards is about 201 meters. So, half of that high school track field.

For the Pft2, do people normally sprint that 220 yards max speed or they try to save energy for the 1.5 mile ?
                      i wonder what the record is for this, back in my college days i was able to run the 200m in 21.46 secs lol now it would be more like 25 secs

Comment

• On to Nogales!

Passed the pft2 today. Glad to have everything complete. Next stop, Nogales!

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
                          My bad, it's half a lap and that is 1/8 mile... My math was quite off on that one!
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by MK17 View Post
                            How many people failed?

Comment

• Hope to join you soon. I got THE CALL

Originally posted by MK17 View Post
                              Today, around 2 pm I received a call on my cell phone while at work. I didn't pick up because my boss was next to me. I waited 10 min and checked who it was. It was THE CALL. I started calling the woman back right away. I called every 3 min and left 2 messages, to no avail. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what port I got, my eod date, and fletc dates. Good luck to all that are waiting! 200 in 21 seconds? Why didn't you try out for the Olympics????? Oh, by the way CASS still shows my BI as pending.
                              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                              5/25 TO
                              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                              10/13~ BI CLEARED
                              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                                How many people failed?
                                It was just me and 1 other guy who also passed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11032 users online. 400 members and 10632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X