300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
    I figured it would probably be right around 7 . The difference between 7 and 6:40 is a LOT though. Kudos to that gazelle.
    It was actualley set by a SS agent I believe. There was a girl that came close by a few seconds awhile back. She was a hardcore gymnast.

Comment

• CHS Comes Through!

Due to being tied up in a jury trial for 11 hours I was unable to contact CHS yesterday regarding the catastrophe of my med on Monday. I didn't anticipate it being any better today due to being scheduled for ANOTHER jury trial this morning. Fortunately fate smiled on me and the trial scheduled today was actually resolved without requiring my attendance. This not only allowed me to call CHS this morning, but also return to the second clinic I went to Monday and get my TB test read (which I didn't count on happening until tomorrow!).

When I contacted CHS this morning the lady was very apologetic over the troubles on Monday. I really appreciate that because honestly, it wasn't the fault of CHS! She told me she would get everything worked out ASAP and call me back as soon as she could. I gave her my cell # so I would get the call while at work. On the way in I stopped by the clinic and they did the TB test read. They also advised they would fax the paperwork to CHS as well as send the originals in the Fedex package provided. The funny part was, to me at least, when I went to the second clinic on Monday it was my day off. It's also located in the city where I work. Since it was my day off on Monday I showed up in regular clothes. Because I was on the way into work today I was in uniform. When they realized who I was they told me, "oh, we didn't realize you were a police officer, let alone a police officer HERE!" (It was all listed on my paperwork BTW!). " Had we known that we would have been nicer to you!". They were just teasing because they were actually as helpful as could be expected. It was the FIRST clinic location that was a nightmare! A short time later I got a call back from CHS by the lady I had spoken with in the morning. She advised me the clinic they had scheduled couldn't do the items that weren't completed, though they were supposed to have had the ability to do so, and she had received all the paperwork they fax'd. She further told me the stuff that had been done would not need to be re-done. YEAH! She then set up another appointment with a different clinic to complete the remaining items and she would forward the documents to MHC medical ASAP so I would suffer minimal delays. I can't speak highly enough of how well CHS straightened things out. That sure removes a lot of worries and stress that I had from Monday! WTG CHS!!

BTW, CHS advised I should receive much better treatment at the new facility. I am also familiar with them and they are a well respected clinic. Thank goodness!

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
        Hi everyone! Has anyone received the "call" this week? i am like most of you that only have background pending.

I got the "call" last Thursday. I received the call a couple weeks after I completed the drug test. My port is in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
          Does anyone at the academy have any info about remaining classes this year. I was curious because the holidays are coming up and that may keep them from starting classes.

I start the academy Dec 6th. It sounds like they're going to keep scheduling the classes through the holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
            I start the academy Dec 6th. It sounds like they're going to keep scheduling the classes through the holidays.
            Awesome bowhunter congrats! how long after your VBT/Si did you get the call?

Comment

• For all the candidates that received the "call" did you all meet with an investigator in person?? I completed my VBT/SI and then a few days later got schedule for a poly, just wondering if i was suppose to meet with an actual investigator first or even at all.
              Last edited by nugg; 10-13-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• FLETC 1.5 mile run record

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                The record here is somewhere around 9 min.
                The 1.5 mile run record is 6:52. Yes, that's like 1:08 miles which means that person sprinted 6 laps. Disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  Is that going to be twelve and a half inches from the groin? Past the knees? How is it measured?
                  They have some type of box setup for it... you sit with your feet placed within the box, then you simply reach with both hands (one on top of the other) towards your toes... as far as you can go while pushing a little "lever" with the tip of your fingers. If you can touch your toes when you sit with your legs straight and flat... you will pass no problem.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Just make sure you stretch thoroughly prior to the sit and reach. I had a LT who could run the 1.5 in under 9, like around 8:30-8:45. I thought that was pretty nasty. It's funny too because we all start out together, then we all start to slow down while he just keeps going, skinny *****!

Comment

• retaking my medical...o it's only been done 3 times prior LOL
                      Still Waiting for a slot in Boston to open up...
                      Been absent on the forums for a long long time...but patience is key right? =D

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                        retaking my medical...o it's only been done 3 times prior LOL
                        Still Waiting for a slot in Boston to open up...
                        Been absent on the forums for a long long time...but patience is key right? =D
                        Yeah, patience... and banging your head against the wall helps too
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                          Just make sure you stretch thoroughly prior to the sit and reach. I had a LT who could run the 1.5 in under 9, like around 8:30-8:45. I thought that was pretty nasty. It's funny too because we all start out together, then we all start to slow down while he just keeps going, skinny *****!

Careful, us skinny folk are generally the quickest to back everyone else up

Comment

• Before you report forms

Question answered. Thanks!
                            Last edited by Khue; 10-13-2011, 12:29 PM.
                            TO: 4/09/09
                            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              If you can touch your toes when you sit with your legs straight and flat... you will pass no problem.
                              I can make it about two-thirds down my calves today.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by nugg View Post
                                For all the candidates that received the "call" did you all meet with an investigator in person?? I completed my VBT/SI and then a few days later got schedule for a poly, just wondering if i was suppose to meet with an actual investigator first or even at all.
                                i am meeting my investigator today and i have VBT/SI next week. i thought i have to pass the VBT/SI first to meet with investigator, but they are doing my BI before interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10804 users online. 384 members and 10420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X