300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
    How's the wireless coverage at FLETC? Verizon....AT&T?

Also is their WiFi pretty fast? How much is it?

Recommend notebook or tablet?

Wifi is fast. You pay for basic or the better than basic (normal cable internet speed). It's 30/month for the basic wifi or 40/month for the good stuff. However, the high speed one has a deal for $100 for 3 months (save $20). I recommend just doing that if you wanna watch movies (netflix, etc). or play games. If all you are going to do is browse the internet... get the cheap package for three months... I think it's $70 or $80? Bring whatever system you want. I brought my laptop. You cannot use your cellphone to bum off the wifi. They charge per cell phone too.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
      That's decent pay pretty quick, thanks. If I change my geo preference to somewhere in the Midwest do you think I would ever get hired?

Define 'midwest' and define 'ever'.

If you are willing to work the Canadian border in Eastern WA, ID, Montana, North Dakota or northern MN, then I think you've got shot at being hired. How quickly? Likely not as soon as if you choose SWB. Anywhere else...maybe. Probably not in 2012 but who really knows what 2013 will bring?

Comment

• Med Update..What a Nightmare!

Well yesterday was my scheduled update for my med. CHS specifically advised I did not have to repeat the PFT1, just the med exam part. I get to the facility on time for a 9:30am appointment and am moved to the back approximately 20 minutes after arriving. Not too bad. Then the "fun" began! I am taken in for basic readings, height, weight, BP and EKG. The nurse has to run the automated BP numerous times because the machine refused to read properly. By the time she FINALLY got a BP on me, my fingers were going numb! She then takes my height and weight. I tell her I'm 5'09", unless I shrunk. She reads off 70". Okay, well, I still have my shoes on lady, that added an inch! Not so fast!! She then figures up what the height would be in feet and inches. Where I went to school 70" equates to 5'10". She says, "okay, that's 5'11". What?! The she writes down I'm 6'00"!!! OMG! Next is the EKG, no problems there. I then do the eye chart in the hallway and then get taken to an exam room. She tells me "they'll be with you in a few minutes". The exam room is freezing! After falling asleep on the exam table I am awakened by a young lady in an exam coat. She thanks me for my patience and says she'll be right back. I looked at my watch, I'd been in there for an hour and a half!! After waiting again I fall back asleep (laying down was the only way I could stay warm!). About 30 more minutes later the same young lady returns and begins going over all the medical screening questions. FINALLY, we're on a roll! She completes the information and signs everything and then leaves to room. A few minutes later she returned only to apologize and inform me she was a PA, not a Doctor. She also realized only an MD could sign all the documents she did. She then crossed out an initialed her mistakes. Now what?! Well, I am informed the doctor is not in the office and won't be in due to being at another clinic. WTF?!! CHS set up the appointment for me where they did because it's closest to my address on file. It was also arranged for the morning because, being my last day off from work, I had other things I needed to get done yesterday afternoon. I then told her to please contact CHS and explain everything to them. She advised I could go to the other clinic and the doctor would do his portion. Hmmm. Figuring I would get it done and just give up on my personal plans for the sake of my job app I then went to the other clinic, a half hour drive away in another city.

Upon arriving at the other clinic the nurse tells me to pick out the forms the doctor has to do. WHAT?! I'm not a doctor! I also noticed they were listing their clinic address on the paperwork as opposed to where CHS scheduled me. I then told her I'D call CHS and talk to them. I wasn't willing to risk a further delay or screw up. Yeah! No answer at CHS! Yesterday was a Federal holiday! They then take me in the back only to find the eye exam that was completed was done improperly. It was at this time I was also made aware I was now 6'00"! I quickly saw the doctor who completed the forms he was supposed to sign. I was also given the TB test injection and instructed to come back for it to be read. That was it...done. One problem. no audiogram was done, no chest x-ray, no further eye tests other than the wall chart. All of these items were listed as being required to be done! Now I believe an whole day was wasted and my med update is still pending!

I have been through numerous clinics throughout the area over the past years as scheduled by CHS not only for my CBP app, but my previous BP apps as well. I have NEVER seen anything like this happen! I was also unable to contact CHS today due to being in court for over 11 hours! I have to go back to the facility tomorrow for my TB read. I'll be contacting CHS tomorrow morning prior to returning to that clinic. I will not be the least bit surprised if I have to go through the whole process again with another clinic. I'm just ticked because of the waste of my time and the delay in getting all my stuff back green on CASS! I hope none of you ever has to face this frustration!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
          I'm on medical hold and I submitted the requested documents by the medical unit. Anyone knows how long it takes to get cleared for that ? or I should give them an call ?
          I got a letter telling me I was on medical hold. I went ASAP to a clinic and got a DOT physical highlighting the information regarding the questioned condition and overnight mailed it to MHC. Medical on CASS went complete after about a week.
          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
            Does anyone know the acceptable window for blood pressure and resting heart rate to take PFT2? Is it published somewhere?
            I'm reposting to see if I get info this time.
            Gek.

Comment

Prior to the administration of the PFT-2, your blood pressure and heart rate will be taken. If your blood pressure reading is higher than 140/90 or your heart rate is greater than 100 beats per minute, you will NOT be allowed to take the PFT-2 and you will be referred to MHC for further evaluation and medical clearance, if required.
              http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...r/pft2_faq.xml

Comment

I Want to say it has to be under 140 systolic ( the top number) . I think remember seeing it on the physical form when I did my medical exam. Your diastolic pressure should be under at least 90 too. this sounds pretty reasonable. I've been a medic for about 4 years in the field so I know a thing or two about B/P's. But like I said I'm not absolutely 110% sure but it should be under those numbers.

Comment

• Pft2

PFT2 @ Harpers Ferry next Wednesday.

Comment

• Any info on remaining academy dates for this year

Does anyone at the academy have any info about remaining classes this year. I was curious because the holidays are coming up and that may keep them from starting classes.
                    CBPO
                    Geo Pref:Georgia
                    NOR:3/07
                    T.O:10/08
                    1st TSU:6/09
                    2nd Fitness test:11/09
                    Credit pulled:4/10
                    2nd TSU:5/10
                    2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                    2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                    2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                    All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Hey guys! OMG I have been following this thread for 2 months but have not been allowed to post because they thought I was a minor. After several unanswered emails explaining that I'm an adult, I'm magically allowed to post in the Officer Forums. Thanks for adding to the stress, Officer.com!! lol
                      ANYWAY, I've gotten some great advice from all of you- (Shout out to Yoda!) and I'm happy that my process is moving along quickly. I do have one question though... are the PFT1 and PFT2 the exact same test? If so, I noticed that some people made it all the way to their PFT2 and then failed... how could that be possible if they passed it initially?? Unless they stopped exercising and gained a bunch of weight?? Or is the PFT1 easier??
                      CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                      NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                      T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                      E-QIP: 10/12/11
                      VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                      Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                      Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                      Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                      B.I.: ???
                      PFT2:
                      E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                        I do have one question though... are the PFT1 and PFT2 the exact same test? If so, I noticed that some people made it all the way to their PFT2 and then failed... how could that be possible if they passed it initially?? Unless they stopped exercising and gained a bunch of weight?? Or is the PFT1 easier??
                        PFT1 verifies that you are not corpse-like stiff and Rosie-O'Donnell-like sloppy. PFT2 verifies that you are reasonable physical condition.
                        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
                          PFT2 @ Harpers Ferry next Wednesday.
                          Good luck buddy! Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon.

Comment

• Got the first test coming up on the 22nd of november. Just incase anything falls through with my hiring process at Atlanta PD. I feel like CBP would be better suited for me at times due to me being tri-lingual. What I dont like is working at the same place all the time. I am and will always be a city guy. Ive heard that the site in south texas and other places gets boring and old real quick. I know that CBP would pay better with my qualifications but I would only go through as an alternative to police.

Comment

PFT1 verifies that you are not corpse-like stiff and Rosie-O'Donnell-like sloppy. PFT2 verifies that you are reasonable physical condition.
                              LMAO thanks. I think I'm good. I can do the run in 14:24, so I'll just keep on practicing the push ups every day. I was jealous when that one girl said she knocked the block over with her breasts... I'm not overly chesty so I have to bend the arms a little farther LOL
                              CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                              NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                              T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                              E-QIP: 10/12/11
                              VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                              Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                              Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                              Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                              B.I.: ???
                              PFT2:
                              E.O.D.:

Comment

• Hi everyone! Has anyone received the "call" this week? i am like most of you that only have background pending.
                                CBPO
                                Test- 12/9/10
                                NOR- 1/07/11
                                T.O.- 4/1/11
                                Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                                Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                                Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                                Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                                Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                                Pft2- ?
                                Eod- ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8072 users online. 227 members and 7845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X