300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
    gratz Khue on your position in WA northborder. I must have the worst luck in this system. get pulled out for credit check, someone gets hired. Get pulled out for medical exam, someone gets hired. all green check marks for 2 weeks then pulled out to redue the whole background check, again someone gets hired. last three people that have been hired in the same region im applied to have been 6 months behind me. It is getting frustrating... but one day it will come.
    Thanks mrst! I felt the same way as you did when I got skipped because of pending items. However, your time will come and maybe you will get the port that you want. I wanted Blaine, but I got a smaller port east. So far, I've been happy with the small port, from the review I've been getting. I never been there, but of course I will find out for myself on Sunday. Keep your head up and good luck to you brother! Maybe I will see you at the academy.
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
      When I appled, they were only accepting apps for SWB. So, I listed that. Does this mean that I am excluded from Cali/SYS? Thats why I was recently trying to find out what the SWB exactly consisted of. I havent really found any solid/concrete answers. By solid, I mean finding it it writting somewhere. Any hints would be greatly helpful. I have also thought about updating my Geo request to that of SYS and/or California specific. However, I am not prepared to wait as long as some have for a specific geo like that. I'd rather suffer thru in another location for a couple of years, then try and transfer further out west. Whats your thoughts on that?
      I would like to know this as well, I am guessing the SWB means they can put you anywhere along the southwest border, and i am guessing BBHogs was able to pick California was because the last announcement (those who took the test in 2010) they let everyone choose a more specifc region. Verve are you allowed to update to California specific? Because like i said, i thought this announcement was strictly SWB, because if i get that far along, I want to to get SYS as well

Comment

• All green check marks this morning except for my background that is still waiting to be cleared. I can feel it! Hopefully I get the call soon!
        CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
        Applied - 11/2010
        Test - 12/2010
        NOR - 2/1/11
        T.O. - 4/1/11
        (GS-05)
        PFT 1 - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
        Medical - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
        Met with BI - 7/6/11 (PENDING)
        VBT/SI - 7/11/11 (COMPLETED)
        Drug Test - 8/4/11 (COMPLETED 10/11/11)
        PFT2 - ?
        EOD - ?
        FLETC - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Promotions are noncompetitive up to journeyman level.

Year one...GS-05
          Year two...GS-07
          Year three...GS-09
          Year four...GS-11
          Year five...GS-12

So, assuming one starts as a GS-05 it takes four full years plus a handful of days(roughly) to reach GS-12.

Southern border(SYS to Brownsville) and Miami officers are required to take and pass a 30 training day Spanish course, unless they test out. I believe it's also a requirement for a handful of smaller FL ports and PR as well.
          That's decent pay pretty quick, thanks. If I change my geo preference to somewhere in the Midwest do you think I would ever get hired?
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• I will be in Class No. CBPOBT-203. Holler if you're in it.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• adjudicator

Anyone knows the average time an adjudicator spends on a file to make his decision?

Comment

• FLETC is so easy .... i began my trainning weighting 250lbs and i finished with 280lbs and i did the mile 1/2 in 14 min walking..... just imagine that

Comment

• How's the wireless coverage at FLETC? Verizon....AT&T?

Also is their WiFi pretty fast? How much is it?

Recommend notebook or tablet?

Comment

• Originally posted by castlepark06 View Post
                    All green check marks this morning except for my background that is still waiting to be cleared. I can feel it! Hopefully I get the call soon!
                    You took your drug test back in August and it just turned green in October? I took my test last week and it turned green today...that's super slow lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      I would like to know this as well, I am guessing the SWB means they can put you anywhere along the southwest border, and i am guessing BBHogs was able to pick California was because the last announcement (those who took the test in 2010) they let everyone choose a more specifc region. Verve are you allowed to update to California specific? Because like i said, i thought this announcement was strictly SWB, because if i get that far along, I want to to get SYS as well
                      Im not sure if I am able. I dont have any clue on what that would look like. I might look into it and learn a bit more before trying it. I would hate to be placed in the holding pattern that some of these guys have. If it gets too ugly, I'll just got the BPA route.
                      CBPO
                      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• [QUOTE=Verve10;2899717]When I appled, they were only accepting apps for SWB. So, I listed that. Does this mean that I am excluded from Cali/SYS? Thats why I was recently trying to find out what the SWB exactly consisted of. I havent really found any solid/concrete answers. By solid, I mean finding it it writting somewhere. Any hints would be greatly helpful. I have also thought about updating my Geo request to that of SYS and/or California specific. However, I am not prepared to wait as long as some have for a specific geo like that. I'd rather suffer thru in another location for a couple of years, then try and transfer further out west. Whats your thoughts on that?[/Q

I applied and tested back in 2010 and had the choice to choose California-San Diego as my first choice. I have no idea if by switching your geo now would speed things up. I feel you man on just wanting to get on board and then transfer. I was prepared to take any spot they would give me just so I could get on board and then transfer later. I know I'll love San Diego, but eventually I'll want to get back closer to family probably and try to get to Tulsa or JFK or Newark. I hope to see you out there man!

Comment

• Nashville

PFT2 in Nashville tomorrow at 8am ...anybody driving there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                            You took your drug test back in August and it just turned green in October? I took my test last week and it turned green today...that's super slow lol!
                            Yes I Know! My friend got the call 2 weeks ago and his had cleared that week and I had taken the drug test 1 day after him. Its crazy wierd how the steps get cleared at completely different times.
                            CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
                            Applied - 11/2010
                            Test - 12/2010
                            NOR - 2/1/11
                            T.O. - 4/1/11
                            (GS-05)
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?
                            FLETC - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                              When I appled, they were only accepting apps for SWB. So, I listed that. Does this mean that I am excluded from Cali/SYS? Thats why I was recently trying to find out what the SWB exactly consisted of. I havent really found any solid/concrete answers. By solid, I mean finding it it writting somewhere. Any hints would be greatly helpful. I have also thought about updating my Geo request to that of SYS and/or California specific. However, I am not prepared to wait as long as some have for a specific geo like that. I'd rather suffer thru in another location for a couple of years, then try and transfer further out west. Whats your thoughts on that?
                              Hint: (Re-)Read the job announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                                I'm on medical hold and I submitted the requested documents by the medical unit. Anyone knows how long it takes to get cleared for that ? or I should give them an call ?

When do we get Pft2 after the background investigation has been completed? or an month later after the VBT ?
                                For border patrol I sent out the required documents and then got contacted by the medical unit via email with the results from what I had submitted which then got updated automatically on CASS. The whole review thing took about 3 weeks. As for the PFT2 you get it once all your steps have been cleared and after you recieve the "call".
                                CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
                                Applied - 11/2010
                                Test - 12/2010
                                NOR - 2/1/11
                                T.O. - 4/1/11
                                (GS-05)
                                PFT2 - ?
                                EOD - ?
                                FLETC - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9846 users online. 500 members and 9346 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X