Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    Hey Guys,

After 2.6 years waiting. I finally got a job offer two weeks ago for WA Northern Border. I passed my PFT2 last Friday, so I will start on Oct. 17th. Out of five guys (one from BOP), one failed due to 2 missed sit-ups. So there is one spot open for WA Northern Border. I will keep my port confidential because it's a small port. Good luck to everyone and keep on running and work on those sit-ups.

Excellent, buddy! Congratulations!
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
      Big congrats Khue!! The long wait finally paid off
      Thanks! I hope you're next! There is a position available for northern border due to one failed. Keep up buddy!
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Excellent, buddy! Congratulations!
        Thanks bro! I hope yours will come soon! We've been at this for so long.
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Huge Congrats

Originally posted by Khue View Post
          Hey Guys,

After 2.6 years waiting. I finally got a job offer two weeks ago for WA Northern Border. I passed my PFT2 last Friday, so I will start on Oct. 17th. Out of five guys (one from BOP), one failed due to 2 missed sit-ups. So there is one spot open for WA Northern Border. I will keep my port confidential because it's a small port. Good luck to everyone and keep on running and work on those sit-ups.
          Huge Congrats to you... You deserve it... Welcome aboard... I'm glad you passed the PFT2. You waited... you got yourself ready mentally and physically in shape and you passed...

This should be a message to all the other applicants waiting... Get off the freaking Sofa, do the proper* sit-ups, push-ups and run... or else you won't get the final offer...

Congrats once again...
          CBPO GS-7
          Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
          NOR: 08/01/08
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
          1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
          VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
          Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
          BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
          BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
          TSU: 09/09/11
          The Call: 09/21/11
          PFT2: 09/30/11
          EOD: 10/03/11
          FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Do CBP Officers get fed LEO pay and LEAP? Can they carry off duty? What grade is their journeyman grade? Thanks in advance.
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• EOD in San Ysidro

Anybody else EODing in 2 weeks in SYS? If so what are your plans for where you are gonna stay for the 3 weeks? Are you bringing cars or plan to rent one? Does aanyone knowe if there are hotels right near the duty station? Is there a gym to use at the station? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                Do CBP Officers get fed LEO pay and LEAP? Can they carry off duty? What grade is their journeyman grade? Thanks in advance.

No. However there is CBP pay reform in the works. Part of which is to place CBPOs on GL pay and move certain OFO management to LEAP.

Yes to off-duty carriage. Either within policy or through state/local regulations.

Current journeyman grade is GS-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                  Hey Guys,

congratulations!!!
                  Test: November 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                  VBT 1/21/09-completed
                  Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                  Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                  Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                  BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                  TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by BBHogs76 View Post
                    Anybody else EODing in 2 weeks in SYS? If so what are your plans for where you are gonna stay for the 3 weeks? Are you bringing cars or plan to rent one? Does aanyone knowe if there are hotels right near the duty station? Is there a gym to use at the station? Thanks in advance!
                    BBHogs,

My dream spot is SYS, and I'm really happy for you for getting the call. To answer your question in short, Yes, there are hotels, motels, and notells all around that area. Its one of the most visited tourist destinations in the country.

On a side not, I have a question for you. On your Geo request, did you list SWB? Or did you specifically request SYS? Also, what picks did they offer you to choose from, if any? Thanks, I'm just trying to clear up some strange information recently attained.
                    CBPO
                    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Sys

Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                      BBHogs,

My dream spot is SYS, and I'm really happy for you for getting the call. To answer your question in short, Yes, there are hotels, motels, and notells all around that area. Its one of the most visited tourist destinations in the country.

On a side not, I have a question for you. On your Geo request, did you list SWB? Or did you specifically request SYS? Also, what picks did they offer you to choose from, if any? Thanks, I'm just trying to clear up some strange information recently attained.
                      Hey Verve, Thanks for the congrats! You are right, it is a beautiful place and should be a nice place to work. To answer your question, when I applied I Ihad the choice to request California-San Diego( including other ports in CA). When I got the call I was given only one choice and that was SYS. What did you choose when you requested your GEO?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBHogs76 View Post
                        Hey Verve, Thanks for the congrats! You are right, it is a beautiful place and should be a nice place to work. To answer your question, when I applied I Ihad the choice to request California-San Diego( including other ports in CA). When I got the call I was given only one choice and that was SYS. What did you choose when you requested your GEO?
                        When I appled, they were only accepting apps for SWB. So, I listed that. Does this mean that I am excluded from Cali/SYS? Thats why I was recently trying to find out what the SWB exactly consisted of. I havent really found any solid/concrete answers. By solid, I mean finding it it writting somewhere. Any hints would be greatly helpful. I have also thought about updating my Geo request to that of SYS and/or California specific. However, I am not prepared to wait as long as some have for a specific geo like that. I'd rather suffer thru in another location for a couple of years, then try and transfer further out west. Whats your thoughts on that?
                        CBPO
                        Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• gratz Khue on your position in WA northborder. I must have the worst luck in this system. get pulled out for credit check, someone gets hired. Get pulled out for medical exam, someone gets hired. all green check marks for 2 weeks then pulled out to redue the whole background check, again someone gets hired. last three people that have been hired in the same region im applied to have been 6 months behind me. It is getting frustrating... but one day it will come.
                          Last edited by mrst; 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Last Friday (10/7) I took the exam in Atlanta. Its tough but I felt fairly comfortable with it. I'll let you guys know my score when I get my NOR.

Oh, and I applied for the South East region.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              No. However there is CBP pay reform in the works. Part of which is to place CBPOs on GL pay and move certain OFO management to LEAP.

Yes to off-duty carriage. Either within policy or through state/local regulations.

Current journeyman grade is GS-12.
                              Thanks for the response. Any idea on how long it takes to get to GS-12 and I assume it's non-competitive promotion? Also, do CBP officers have to learn Spanish like BPA do?
                              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                                Thanks for the response. Any idea on how long it takes to get to GS-12 and I assume it's non-competitive promotion? Also, do CBP officers have to learn Spanish like BPA do?
                                Promotions are noncompetitive up to journeyman level.

Year one...GS-05
                                Year two...GS-07
                                Year three...GS-09
                                Year four...GS-11
                                Year five...GS-12

So, assuming one starts as a GS-05 it takes four full years plus a handful of days(roughly) to reach GS-12.

Southern border(SYS to Brownsville) and Miami officers are required to take and pass a 30 training day Spanish course, unless they test out. I believe it's also a requirement for a handful of smaller FL ports and PR as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14297 users online. 453 members and 13844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X