300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
    Hey Guys, I have a question, could someone that already went through this help me out much would be appreciated. I would like to know if they email you or do you receive a letter or call for the drug testing and Background Investigator appointments??
    I got phone calls for both.
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
      Just cleared my second background on 10/03/11...was wondering when was the last time somebody got the call for LAX/Long Beach? Thanks
      When was your 2nd background started?
      CBPO
      Geo Pref:Georgia
      NOR:3/07
      T.O:10/08
      1st TSU:6/09
      2nd Fitness test:11/09
      Credit pulled:4/10
      2nd TSU:5/10
      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Lax

Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
        Just cleared my second background on 10/03/11...was wondering when was the last time somebody got the call for LAX/Long Beach? Thanks
        Three people at my Pft2 were scheduled to EOD 10/11 for LAX and one failed so there's at least one more spot plus I know someone who just got issued a TO for LAX so I'm sure there will be more calls going out for LAX soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
          When was your 2nd background started?
          My 2nd background was started in early July

Comment

• Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
            ^^ The last time someone on this forum got picked up for LAX/LB was around May 2011
            Tested: 8/2008
            TO: 12/2008
            GEO: LAX/LB
            1st TSU: 3/5/09
            2nd Medical: 6/1/11
            Cleared 6/22/11
            2nd BI: met 7/14/11
            Cleared 9/29/11
            2nd TSU:
            Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
            EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
            Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
            Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• another summer of 08 tester here for LAX/LB

I met my 2nd investigator Aug 8, still haven't cleared. I texted her last week and she said it was already done and out of her hands.

Comment

• I just took the exam this past Friday in NYC. Goodluck to other recent exam takers.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                  another summer of 08 tester here for LAX/LB

I met my 2nd investigator Aug 8, still haven't cleared. I texted her last week and she said it was already done and out of her hands.
                  Just a little FYI...once your BI Packet clears through the investigator, it goes directly to a building in Pennsylvania. That building is divided into 2 parts: US Investigative services, and OPM. US Investigative services get the BI first. They have a clearly defined number of days to hold it (I can’t remember if its 3 weeks, or 6) before it must move on to OPM side of the house. And they have the exact same number of days. This is not to say that they can't spit it out earlier...just a maximum number of days. From there it goes back the agency requesting the BI for the final adjudication. After you have been waiting for a long while, and since you have been told by your investigator that it has moved on from her...feel free to send a FOIA request to each of those departments (via fax works best) and they get back to you post haste on the location or step of your packet. Though it may seem like it’s a never ending process, what I just outlined for you can add some accountability to the process as well as some peace of mind knowing that you within a couple months of being done. Hope this helps some.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                    For those that are the academy, what does the first day at FLETC consist of?
                    This is by no means "the military", it's all just an introduction to what it is they expect from you and what not to do... as well as getting your "smurfs".
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      I don't recall having ever seen "southwest border" on anything from OBP. On the "southern border" there are four regions, (California, Arizona, New Mexico & West Texas, and South Texas), with each region broken up into sectors. South Texas starts at southeast of Del Rio Sector. But that is from another day.
                      Really? I don't what to tell you..I've seen more than one item from BP labeled "Southwest Border". The last thing I saw was an intelligence brief(or something similar) a couple/three weeks back. What I remember most about it was that although it claimed 'southwest border', El Centro and San Diego sectors were not included.

Comment

• Got the call!

Hey Guys,

After 2.6 years waiting. I finally got a job offer two weeks ago for WA Northern Border. I passed my PFT2 last Friday, so I will start on Oct. 17th. Out of five guys (one from BOP), one failed due to 2 missed sit-ups. So there is one spot open for WA Northern Border. I will keep my port confidential because it's a small port. Good luck to everyone and keep on running and work on those sit-ups.
                        TO: 4/09/09
                        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Dumb Question

For your PFT2 situp portion...are you on a situp bench or does the instructor hold your legs?

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
                            For your PFT2 situp portion...are you on a situp bench or does the instructor hold your legs?
                            They will hold your legs and will do whatever you're comfortable with. The clock starts when you're ready.
                            TO: 4/09/09
                            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Really? I don't what to tell you..I've seen more than one item from BP labeled "Southwest Border". The last thing I saw was an intelligence brief(or something similar) a couple/three weeks back. What I remember most about it was that although it claimed 'southwest border', El Centro and San Diego sectors were not included.
                              Heh. You don't owe me anything, sir. I'm just sharing from my limited experience.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                                Hey Guys,

After 2.6 years waiting. I finally got a job offer two weeks ago for WA Northern Border. I passed my PFT2 last Friday, so I will start on Oct. 17th. Out of five guys (one from BOP), one failed due to 2 missed sit-ups. So there is one spot open for WA Northern Border. I will keep my port confidential because it's a small port. Good luck to everyone and keep on running and work on those sit-ups.
                                Big congrats Khue!! The long wait finally paid off

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11054 users online. 396 members and 10658 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X