Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations MK17 and everyone else who received the call. That's great news. Maybe not GREAT news because that means the locker rooms are still going to be packed in 2 months after a few classes have graduated :/ haha

Keep PT-ing. It's not over once you pass the PFT2!!! That's only the beginning!

Comment

• What are the "SWB" boundary lines?

I have searched endlessly and cannot find what the CBP constitutes as its South West Border. Does anybody know? And to all of the Dr [email protected]$$'...yes...I KNOW that it's obviously CA, AZ, and NM. But how far into TX is that line drawn? Is TX part of its own region? I've seen South TX and East TX. It doesnt seem as clearly defined as other departments. Alright...gimme what you've got. Thanks.
      CBPO
      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Hey Guys, I have a question, could someone that already went through this help me out much would be appreciated. I would like to know if they email you or do you receive a letter or call for the drug testing and Background Investigator appointments??
        Last edited by cbpo kid; 10-08-2011, 09:16 PM.
        CBPO
        geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• For those that are the academy, what does the first day at FLETC consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
            I have searched endlessly and cannot find what the CBP constitutes as its South West Border. Does anybody know?
            The southwest border has one end at the Pacific Ocean where California meets Baja California. The other end is at the Gulf of Mexico where Texas meets Tamaulipas. The middle consists of the international boundary between the United States and Mexico between the Pacific and the Gulf.
            Last edited by Drifting; 10-09-2011, 03:42 AM.
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
              The southwest border has one end at the Pacific Ocean where California meets Baja California. The other end is at the Gulf of Mexico where Texas meets Tamaulipas. The middle consists of the international boundary between the United States and Mexico between the Pacific and the Gulf.
              Thanks for your reply, Drifting. Obviously, it makes sense that the SWB is the ENTIRE SWB...lol...(I hated asking this question as it sounds ridiculous) however, after seeing some peoples timelines on this board, I thought that South TX might be considered to be in a different region.

On a seperate note, I asked another question recently, requesting to know some of the "inside" differences between CBP and BP, and what it felt like after having made the shift from one to the other. I'd like to dialogue with you off line to ask some more pointed questions, if I could. Thanks again.
              CBPO
              Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                Thanks for your reply, Drifting. Obviously, it makes sense that the SWB is the ENTIRE SWB...lol...(I hated asking this question as it sounds ridiculous) however, after seeing some peoples timelines on this board, I thought that South TX might be considered to be in a different region.

On a seperate note, I asked another question recently, requesting to know some of the "inside" differences between CBP and BP, and what it felt like after having made the shift from one to the other. I'd like to dialogue with you off line to ask some more pointed questions, if I could. Thanks again.
                I do not believe that there is a standard definition of "southwest border" within CBP, much less within OFO. I've see it defined as every LPoE from Brownsville to SYS inclusive. I've also see it defined where 'inland' PoEs such as Tucson and Phoenix were included. I believe OBP has a different definition as well that excludes California.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                  For those that are the academy, what does the first day at FLETC consist of?
                  Have you ever seen full metal jacket?

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Have you ever seen full metal jacket?
                    "... this is my rifle this is my gun, this one's for fighting this one's for fun."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      I believe OBP has a different definition as well that excludes California.
                      I don't recall having ever seen "southwest border" on anything from OBP. On the "southern border" there are four regions, (California, Arizona, New Mexico & West Texas, and South Texas), with each region broken up into sectors. South Texas starts at southeast of Del Rio Sector. But that is from another day.
                      Gek.

Comment

Anyone have MR.Cruz ? He was assisting with our UPTP class when CBP was slow, great man!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                          "... this is my rifle this is my gun, this one's for fighting this one's for fun."

Well, that's what the first day is like

I am sure all instructors are different so I do not want to steal someone's thunder by telling you it's like full metal jacket or going to Disney Land. It is what it is. Just be prepared.

Comment

• Got the call!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I received the final offer call last Thursday. I had the choice between Douglas, AZ or San Luis, AZ. I chose San Luis, and I have to be down there Nov 7, then off to the academy Dec 6. Does anyone know anything about the San Luis, AZ port/area? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• First day at academy

Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                              Well, that's what the first day is like

I am sure all instructors are different so I do not want to steal someone's thunder by telling you it's like full metal jacket or going to Disney Land. It is what it is. Just be prepared.
                              Honestly, What is it like at academy, first day and beyond? It would be nice to have an idea. Thanks!

Comment

• Just cleared my second background on 10/03/11...was wondering when was the last time somebody got the call for LAX/Long Beach? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8948 users online. 449 members and 8499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X