Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
    Awesome partner! Much appreciated. The only reason why I asked was because, my background it at its final stage with the adjudicator when I called IA yesterday. I met my BI July 26th and he turned it in Aug 5th. I took my BPA agent exam 10/5/2011 (2days ago) and this morning they sent me and e-mail from CBP Hiring Center that they recieved my info and they are checking my Qualifications etc. Did anyone else get this e-mail? I must have passed the written for them to have recieved my information and be reviewing it.
    Activate your private message so I can ask you a question.

    Comment


    • No clue here all help appreciated.

      I EOD Oct 24. Does anyone know if they provide living arrangements for the month that you are at your duty station prior to FLETC? I will be without a car for that month and need to find somewhere close if not. Thanks in advance.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
        I EOD Oct 24. Does anyone know if they provide living arrangements for the month that you are at your duty station prior to FLETC? I will be without a car for that month and need to find somewhere close if not. Thanks in advance.
        You provide your own living arrangements. Didn't they afford you the opportunity to ask these questions when they called you?
        Gek.

        Comment


        • Technically yes but A) I was driving when I got the call and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and B) some of the questions I did ask the woman told me she didn't know the answers and that more information would be sent by email which has yet to happen. It just seems a little ridiculous to have me go from FL to AZ for a month while living in a hotel and then back to FL. (Not a complaint just an observation) I was hoping they would have a barracks type facility in Nogales. I am willing to gut it out for this career though. Thanks for the information.

          Comment


          • Finally I can post!!

            Hi all, Ive been following this forum for a while but unable to post. Now that I can I'll give you my timeline. Good luck to everyone, hope you all make it!

            Written:12/10
            GEO change SWB: 06/11
            Medical/PFT1: 07/11
            BI:08/11
            VBT/SI:08/11
            DRUG:09/11
            Call: 09/11
            PFT2: 10/13/11
            EOD: 10/24/11 Nogales,AZ
            FLETC: 11/08/11
            Last edited by MK17; 10-07-2011, 07:56 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MK17 View Post
              EOD: 10/24/11 Nogales,AZ
              FLETC: 11/08/11
              MK I tried to pm you but you don't have it set up yet. Congratulations by the way! I EOD Oct 24th to Nogales as well. Where are you coming from and have you looked into living arrangements yet?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                MK I tried to pm you but you don't have it set up yet. Congratulations by the way! I EOD Oct 24th to Nogales as well. Where are you coming from and have you looked into living arrangements yet?

                Driving down from UT. I plan on staying at a hotel somewhere in Tucson and do a little house-hunting in the off time. Waiting to pass the PFT-2 before I book anything though.
                Last edited by MK17; 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM.

                Comment


                • July '11 tester

                  Just giving an update to the July testers I just finished my VBT/ SI and I received a call this morning to do a polygraph. Looks like the CBP is definitely pushing ploy's for everyone recently in the process. I'm a little nervous but I'll be fine , I have nothing to hide. Just kinda spooked by horror stories from applicants that failed and swears they spilled the truth. Wish me luck guys.

                  Comment


                  • Resume Question

                    I received my T.O. yesterday and am curious about the Resume. Is there a specific format or form? The paperwork does not specificly say. Thanks in advance.
                    Exam: 08/11
                    NOR: 100
                    Qualifications: (GS-5)
                    T.O: 10/11 (SWB)
                    PFT1:
                    Medical:
                    Meeting with Investigator:
                    VBT & S.I.:
                    Drug Test:
                    B.I.:
                    PFT2:
                    E.O.D.:

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                      Technically yes but A) I was driving when I got the call and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and B) some of the questions I did ask the woman told me she didn't know the answers and that more information would be sent by email which has yet to happen. It just seems a little ridiculous to have me go from FL to AZ for a month while living in a hotel and then back to FL. (Not a complaint just an observation) I was hoping they would have a barracks type facility in Nogales. I am willing to gut it out for this career though. Thanks for the information.
                      This information was somewhere in the application process paperwork... as well as being asked and answered 100's of times on this thread. It is what it is, and you gotta do what you gotta do... if you want the job. Some have had to fly out for one or two of the steps in the process, all on their dime. My advice would be to drive down there... it'll take you 2 days, but you'll be able to be mobile and one expense less.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        It is what it is, and you gotta do what you gotta do... if you want the job.
                        You're absolutely right Yoda. Problem is I'm not sure if my car can make it out there or not haha. I found a cheap flight to Tucson and a bus that's only 9 bucks to get to Nogales. I was looking into hotels near the Nogales Port and the closest I could find was like 3 miles away. So the only issue right now would be getting to and from work everyday.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                          You're absolutely right Yoda. Problem is I'm not sure if my car can make it out there or not haha. I found a cheap flight to Tucson and a bus that's only 9 bucks to get to Nogales. I was looking into hotels near the Nogales Port and the closest I could find was like 3 miles away. So the only issue right now would be getting to and from work everyday.
                          Your going to love Nogales, there is plenty of action and we get respect from all other ports. I am at the FLETC now and I wont be done for a long time. Welcome to Nogales.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by corydonsmith30 View Post
                            I received my T.O. yesterday and am curious about the Resume. Is there a specific format or form? The paperwork does not specificly say. Thanks in advance.
                            when i emailed them, they said a printed out sheet with my work history was just fine

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                              You're absolutely right Yoda. Problem is I'm not sure if my car can make it out there or not haha. I found a cheap flight to Tucson and a bus that's only 9 bucks to get to Nogales. I was looking into hotels near the Nogales Port and the closest I could find was like 3 miles away. So the only issue right now would be getting to and from work everyday.
                              Once I pass the PFT2 and my plans are a bit more solidified I may be able to help you out since I'm driving down there, and probably to FLETC too since it seems advantageous to have a vehicle down there from what Ive read. When do you start the academy?

                              Comment


                              • For those at FLETC any recommendation on what to bring, I'll be there 18 NOV.
                                Thanks,


                                CBPO:

                                Exam: DEC10
                                Geo: Laredo, Tx.
                                NOR: JAN 2011
                                TO: APR 2011
                                Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
                                Met with BI: AUG 2011
                                SI: AUG 2011
                                BI: AUG 2011
                                Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011
                                PFT2: OCT 13 2011
                                EOD: OCT 24 2011
                                FLETC: NOV 18 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11693 users online. 467 members and 11226 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X