Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the call! I EOD NOV. 7 in ST. Thomas USVI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      Frankly, that sounds like myth or something that some academy PT instructors made up.
      It is not a myth. Parker v. District of Columbia (1988) However, the case is old and was about more than just physical conditioning. I would suggest actually reading the case and the circumstances before using it as a basis for mandatory physical fitness standards as most people in that officers situation would have used deadly force as well.

http://openjurist.org/850/f2d/708/pa...ct-of-columbia

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
        Just got the call! I EOD NOV. 7 in ST. Thomas USVI.
        Nice. When was your TO?
        Gek.

Comment

Just got the call! I EOD NOV. 7 in ST. Thomas USVI.
          How long did it take your BI to clear?

Comment

• VBT Done

Well, I just got back from my VBT/SI. I'd like to say it was a breeze. But I guess I should wait to find out if I officially passed or not...lol. Like someone mentioned on here before, if you are prior LE, then you need not worry a bit. Got done with the video and I was brought back to a couple of chiefs for the formal sit down questions. My CASS has not updated one single item though. I'm just gonna assume it's like most Federal items though, and assume it just got over looked. I still need to Drug Test, and I have not heard one single peep regarding my BI. Also gonna assume that this is a good thing, unless one of you know otherwise. I believe that is it, before getting The Call...I hope at least

Question, to those that have recently went through the VBT. Does it really take the full 3-4 weeks to get these results?
            Last edited by Verve10; 10-07-2011, 02:25 PM.
            CBPO
            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
              Question, to those that have recently went through the VBT. Does it really take the full 3-4 weeks to get these results?
              Mine showed green three weeks to the day after my VBT.
              Gek.

Comment

• Question on Geo's (not the cars)

I have found on the BP website how they consider their regional break downs...not to mention that they also allow you to apply by the state. But where can I find the regional boundaries the the SWB consists of? There is a huge difference between Brownsville, TX and SYS, CA. Is there some sort of map that I am able to look at for these lines? Thanks for any help.
                CBPO
                Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  Nice. When was your TO?
                  I applied in September 2007. I redid my background in May, and it cleared last week.

Comment

I applied in September 2007. I redid my background in May, and it cleared last week.
                    Well congrats. I'm jealous, but I'm happy for you, especially since you've waited so long.
                    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      Its not that violent, but it's a prison with every level of inmate so the potential for something exists all day everyday and you need to keep that in mind and not become complacent. Most of the fights/violence is inmate on inmate and there is some type of alarm going off at least every week if not more.

The training is pretty much a joke and I think that is why thy rely heavily on applicants with either military experience or 3 years as an LEO or corrections officer somewhere local.

Its 3 weeks in class at your institution and 3 weeks at FLETC, with some OJT shadowing during week 2 & 3.
                      Let's say you do 2 years @ BOP, does it count towards your 20 & out @ CBP?
                      Also, what would you say is the percentage of violent crime offenders in your prison?
                      Last edited by MEIAM; 10-07-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                        Well, I just got back from my VBT/SI. I'd like to say it was a breeze. But I guess I should wait to find out if I officially passed or not...lol. Like someone mentioned on here before, if you are prior LE, then you need not worry a bit. Got done with the video and I was brought back to a couple of chiefs for the formal sit down questions. My CASS has not updated one single item though. I'm just gonna assume it's like most Federal items though, and assume it just got over looked. I still need to Drug Test, and I have not heard one single peep regarding my BI. Also gonna assume that this is a good thing, unless one of you know otherwise. I believe that is it, before getting The Call...I hope at least

I actually got a mail sent to me 2 days after my VBT saying that I was "elgible".

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                          Anyone know for those who got the call for (South Texas) if they are still offering many ports, or just whatever they give you. Brownsville, Progresso, Hidalgo, Roma, Rio Grande City, or Eagle Pass.

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                          Test 12/16/2010
                          NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                          TSL1-5/25/2011
                          TSL2-5/26/2011
                          Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                          Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                          Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                          Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                          VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                          Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
                          Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
                          Written- 10/5/2011
                          Hey they are offering all of those locations you listed for that location, I took one.
                          CBP: CBPO
                          EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                            Hey they are offering all of those locations you listed for that location, I took one.
                            Awesome partner! Much appreciated. The only reason why I asked was because, my background it at its final stage with the adjudicator when I called IA yesterday. I met my BI July 26th and he turned it in Aug 5th. I took my BPA agent exam 10/5/2011 (2days ago) and this morning they sent me and e-mail from CBP Hiring Center that they recieved my info and they are checking my Qualifications etc. Did anyone else get this e-mail? I must have passed the written for them to have recieved my information and be reviewing it. *Fingers Crossed*

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                            Test 12/16/2010
                            NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                            TSL1-5/25/2011
                            TSL2-5/26/2011
                            Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                            Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                            Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                            Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                            VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                            Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
                            Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
                            Written- 10/5/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                              Let's say you do 2 years @ BOP, does it count towards your 20 & out @ CBP?
                              Also, what would you say is the percentage of violent crime offenders in your prison?
                              Time at BOP counts on the front end for the 20 year retirement.

Im not sure what the percentage is of actual persons that are charged with crimes involving actual violence. There is definitely a mix of criminals there and they are mostly separated in each unit by their security level. Its a lot of higher level drug dealing or various levels of organized criminal activity, and then theres the white collar and tax guys. So none of those may actually be classified as violent offenders but that does not mean they haven't been violent at other times.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Time at BOP counts on the front end for the 20 year retirement.

Im not sure what the percentage is of actual persons that are charged with crimes involving actual violence. There is definitely a mix of criminals there and they are mostly separated in each unit by their security level. Its a lot of higher level drug dealing or various levels of organized criminal activity, and then theres the white collar and tax guys. So none of those may actually be classified as violent offenders but that does not mean they haven't been violent at other times.
                                I guess that will do for me. I applied last week. Thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9418 users online. 488 members and 8930 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X