300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit went green this morning.

Any July testers get a call from backgrounds yet?

Comment

• It kind of frustrates me that people who applied more recently are getting "completed" on their forms and quals when people who applied a while back are still pending...I'm sure my paperwork is lost somewhere out there lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
        It kind of frustrates me that people who applied more recently are getting "completed" on their forms and quals when people who applied a while back are still pending...I'm sure my paperwork is lost somewhere out there lol
        You just have to keep reminding yourself it's because of the SWB push. I feel the same way about the whole process in general regarding people who just tested receiving tentative offers yet here I still sit, waiting. I just keep reminding myself of the same and as soon as they hire what they need for the SWB hopefully they can put more focus into other regions.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
          The CBPO test is harder then the BPA test. I took mine 12/2010 and passed with 84% and that is because my math was bad. My advice to you is take your time and read the full sentence. If I remember correctly, you get a scrath sheet of paper. While the girl is giving her speech write down 1-30 A-E and mark off the incorrect answer as you go down to save yourself time, so you do not have to go back to it. If you get overwhelmed get up for 1-2 minutes and wash your face. Best of luck partner.

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
          Test 12/16/2010
          NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
          TSL1-5/25/2011
          TSL2-5/26/2011
          Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
          Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
          Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
          Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
          VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
          Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
          Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
          Written- 10/5/2011
          tsakrl, I'm glad you pointed that out, because I think we have different perspectives here. I thought the BPA test was harder. The CBPO test isn't what I thought was horribly difficult, but if you are rusty on math, especially conversions, percentages and rate problems, brush up on it while you still have time. If I hadn't studied, it would have caught me flat-footed and I may not have passed or gotten a TO as soon as I did.

The logic stuff just makes sense. Read the material, understand what it's saying, make sure know what they're asking for and provide the only logical answer. You'll get it.

The logical reasoning is pretty much the same between the CBPO test and the BPA one. The difference, though, is that the BPA test swaps out the math for either Spanish or the ALT. If you are fluent in Spanish, you'll blow through it. If you aren't, you'll take the ALT.

This is where tsakrl and I have different perspectives. I think the ALT on the BPA exam was harder than the math on the CBPO one, at least at first. It's a challenge, especially for the first 30 minutes. However, focus down and use your smarts, and you'll be writing complete sentences in that artificial language within an hour. It's hard to break that barrier but once you do, the test becomes easy.

To me, though, the math is something that can be studied for and is universal. Hypothetically, you could walk into that test knowing all the math rules from your math and science classes and ace it. The ALT would have different rules every time, and there's no sure-shot way to prepare for it. You can't loaf or fall back on knowledge or training, you need to think on your feet. To me, that was more challenging. However, it was more fun for exactly that reason. If you like problem solving, language processing and puzzles, you'll do really well.
          CBPO

Test: 7/2011
          TO: 8/29/2011
          NOR: 8/30/2011
          VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
          PFT1: 9/28/2011

BPA

Test: 8/2011
          TO: 9/28/2011

Comment

• Just got the call... going to the SYS POE for a month and then FLETC. Can anyone on the forum advise what happens during the pre-FLETC month at the POE? Thanks and good luck to all!

Comment

• Pft2

YESSSS!!!!! Just got the email PFT2 October 13, 0600 at Isabela, PR.

CBPO:

Exam: DEC10
              Geo: Laredo, Tx.
              NOR: JAN 2011
              TO: APR 2011
              Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
              BI: AUG 2011
              Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011
              SI: SEPT 2011
              VBT: Re-take SEPT 2011
              EOD: OCT 24 2011
              PFT2: OCT 13 2011
              FLETC: NOV 18-MAR 30

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                Are CBPOs Fed LEOs and can they carry off duty? What pension do they have and is their FLETC transferable to 1811 standards? Also, how probable is it to get stationed somewhere other than the SWB? Thanks.

Yes*(see below) and yes. The pension is 6C/12D, the standard pension of federal LEOs, CBPOs, Supreme Court Police, Capitol Police, Firefighters, etc. 72% of CBPOs are stationed off the SWB, either at seaports, airports, norther border ports, Alaska, etc. Now, getting hired presently in a port somewhere off the SWB...maybe, maybe not. Presently, and for the foreseeable future, most new hires will be at SWB ports...with a sprinkling of people in places like Atlanta and Miami.

*CBPOs are not statutorily defined as 'LEOs" under retirement provisions. However, they were awarded an identical retirement back in 2007 by Public Law 101-161.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDotNY View Post
                  Just got the call... going to the SYS POE for a month and then FLETC. Can anyone on the forum advise what happens during the pre-FLETC month at the POE? Thanks and good luck to all!

Congrats SDotNY!!!.....sys EOD here too. When's your PFT2 & where? And when's your EOD & FLETC dates?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBHogs76 View Post
                    Hey SDCBP, Thanks! I have PFT2 next week in Nashville. I have no idea where I am going to stay while in Cali for EOD. What are your plans? I am coming from Arkansas. It's doesn't seem easy for people who are completely relocating. Any advice?
                    Congratulations. You can try the La Quinta which is just west of the I 805 right of off E street. You can also check the Ramada which is close to the La Quinta. Both locations are very close to SYS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDotNY View Post
                      Just got the call... going to the SYS POE for a month and then FLETC. Can anyone on the forum advise what happens during the pre-FLETC month at the POE? Thanks and good luck to all!
                      When did you meet with your BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by moplease View Post
                        Congratulations. You can try the La Quinta which is just west of the I 805 right of off E street. You can also check the Ramada which is close to the La Quinta. Both locations are very close to SYS.
                        Well what I have heard is EOD is actally in Otay Mesa POE that's where we will be doing our pre-academy training.
                        So Otay Mesa POE is a few miles away from SYS.

Comment

• for those who just got the call, were those the POE's you chose or were they offered to you and you had to accept it?

and can someone tell me how do I add a signature!!!
                          Last edited by TP3; 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
                            Just FYI....FLETC CBP is now run by a Border Patrol Chief who is also a former Marine. Things are changing and this new generation of CBPOs will not be "grossly overweight". Not saying it is going to be like "bootcamp" but it will be differnt from the guys that have gone through under previous management.
                            Agreed.

The idea that there's much for 'grossly overweight' CBPOs graduating from FLETC is largely a myth and has been for years. Yeah...we have our share of 'tubbies' out there, but the vast, vast majority of those are people who've been on the job for years...if not decades.

Related, there is a pilot fitness program out there that looks to offer gym time on-the-clock for CBPOs to exercise during. Time will tell as to how that works out.(pun intended)

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Agreed.

The idea that there's much for 'grossly overweight' CBPOs graduating from FLETC is largely a myth and has been for years. Yeah...we have our share of 'tubbies' out there, but the vast, vast majority of those are people who've been on the job for years...if not decades.

Related, there is a pilot fitness program out there that looks to offer gym time on-the-clock for CBPOs to exercise during. Time will tell as to how that works out.(pun intended)
                              Well then maybe there should be weight standards and continued PFT2's every 6 months...

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                                When did you meet with your BI?
                                July-ish... I figured something was up when someone from CBP called in regards to a few loose ends a few days ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8620 users online. 444 members and 8176 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X