300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blessedryder View Post
    How much rest time between or is everything back to back?
    It was 5-7 mins of rest time between each event...
    CBPO GS-7
    Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
    NOR: 08/01/08
    Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
    1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
    PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
    2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
    VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
    Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
    BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
    BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
    TSU: 09/09/11
    The Call: 09/21/11
    PFT2: 09/30/11
    EOD: 10/03/11
    FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
      How do you like BOP? Which will you earn more money down the line. BOP or CBP?

Would you still rather become a CBPO?
      I like the BOP, much more than I thought I would. I make more now as a GL5 with BOP than I would as a GS7 with CBP, but after 2-4 years with CBP you will leave the BOP salary in the dust.

I would rather be in CBP as that was always my first choice when I began applying for jobs.

The medical exam is only good for 1 year and its the same every time, no update.
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
        I like the BOP, much more than I thought I would. I make more now as a GL5 with BOP than I would as a GS7 with CBP, but after 2-4 years with CBP you will leave the BOP salary in the dust.

I would rather be in CBP as that was always my first choice when I began applying for jobs.

The medical exam is only good for 1 year and its the same every time, no update.
        Thanks for the info, clear your inbox so I can send you a PM.
        I would like to know if gets really violent at times & where/how long is the training?

Comment

• We had an instructor the other day from another agency freak out and throw someones backpack in the dinning hall across the floor and all the papers from the students bag flew out. When you get here, you all have to respect one another. Everyone will be held accountable for their actions and must be professional. Even instructors can get in trouble too. People must have the mindset of respecting one another (either it be from another agency or a classmate) before they come to the academy. Just an FYI.
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
            We had an instructor the other day from another agency freak out and throw someones backpack in the dinning hall across the floor and all the papers from the students bag flew out. When you get here, you all have to respect one another. Everyone will be held accountable for their actions and must be professional. Even instructors can get in trouble too. People must have the mindset of respecting one another (either it be from another agency or a classmate) before they come to the academy. Just an FYI.
            That's too bad. They should make it more like boot camp if you REALLY want to weed people out lol. Therefore throwing back packs across the chow hall is good to go in my book

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
              That's too bad. They should make it more like boot camp if you REALLY want to weed people out lol. Therefore throwing back packs across the chow hall is good to go in my book
              If they made it anything like a boot camp 75% of the people would drop out or not make it.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                Thanks for the info, clear your inbox so I can send you a PM.
                I would like to know if gets really violent at times & where/how long is the training?
                PM box is now clear. But feel free to ask me on here because others may also benefit from the conversation.

Its not that violent, but it's a prison with every level of inmate so the potential for something exists all day everyday and you need to keep that in mind and not become complacent. Most of the fights/violence is inmate on inmate and there is some type of alarm going off at least every week if not more.

The training is pretty much a joke and I think that is why thy rely heavily on applicants with either military experience or 3 years as an LEO or corrections officer somewhere local.

Its 3 weeks in class at your institution and 3 weeks at FLETC, with some OJT shadowing during week 2 & 3.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Hey guys, I have a question in regard to the CBP Test. Is it difficult and how long would you get your results? I am scheduled to take the test tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                    If they made it anything like a boot camp 75% of the people would drop out or not make it.
                    While I realize this concerns the current academy and CBP, I can tell you as a former Coastie (15 years) and having graduated from the BP academy, the BP academy was WAY tougher than boot camp at Cape May ever was! I not just talking about the academics and physical side, but the mental side too. I'm not talking about the "new" military either when it comes to boot camp. I graduated from Cape May in '82. I also graduated from the BP academy in 2000 (pre-DHS days), and from the Charleston facility. I was told by many who attended Glynco that Chas was much tougher. It was BP only with no other agencies around to appear to be kinder and gentler around!

Bottom line is, be professional, follow the rules and everything works out fine!

p.s. I did find it a little difficult about language. I specifically am talking about what they classified as profanity. Even an h-e- double hockey sticks heard coming from you would get you sitting behind a computer writing a memo!

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                      Hey guys, I have a question in regard to the CBP Test. Is it difficult and how long would you get your results? I am scheduled to take the test tomorrow.
                      The CBPO test is harder then the BPA test. I took mine 12/2010 and passed with 84% and that is because my math was bad. My advice to you is take your time and read the full sentence. If I remember correctly, you get a scrath sheet of paper. While the girl is giving her speech write down 1-30 A-E and mark off the incorrect answer as you go down to save yourself time, so you do not have to go back to it. If you get overwhelmed get up for 1-2 minutes and wash your face. Best of luck partner.

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                      Test 12/16/2010
                      NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                      TSL1-5/25/2011
                      TSL2-5/26/2011
                      Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                      Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                      Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                      Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                      VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                      Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
                      Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
                      Written- 10/5/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                        Hey guys, I have a question in regard to the CBP Test. Is it difficult and how long would you get your results? I am scheduled to take the test tomorrow.
                        I thought the test was pretty easy. You get test results usally in a month-month 1/2. Just carefully read and comprehend. You'll do fine be confident.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBHogs76 View Post
                          Hey SDCBP, Thanks! I have PFT2 next week in Nashville. I have no idea where I am going to stay while in Cali for EOD. What are your plans? I am coming from Arkansas. It's doesn't seem easy for people who are completely relocating. Any advice?
                          I'm actally from SD so that will be easy for me. Best advice is to stay in a near by hotel that have weekly rates. I don't recommend any hotels/motels in the city of sys.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                            While I realize this concerns the current academy and CBP, I can tell you as a former Coastie (15 years) and having graduated from the BP academy, the BP academy was WAY tougher than boot camp at Cape May ever was! I not just talking about the academics and physical side, but the mental side too. I'm not talking about the "new" military either when it comes to boot camp. I graduated from Cape May in '82. I also graduated from the BP academy in 2000 (pre-DHS days), and from the Charleston facility. I was told by many who attended Glynco that Chas was much tougher. It was BP only with no other agencies around to appear to be kinder and gentler around!

Bottom line is, be professional, follow the rules and everything works out fine!

p.s. I did find it a little difficult about language. I specifically am talking about what they classified as profanity. Even an h-e- double hockey sticks heard coming from you would get you sitting behind a computer writing a memo!
                            I would want it a little difficult, something that's more challenging. At least for the first month, make it "hell month" or something silly. Knowing what I know now about boot camp, I could breeze through it.

Being a prior coastie, did you know Cape May has changed a lot? They now have an obstacle course, "stress cards", and no more live fire shooting.

I'm sure the applicant pool for BPA is slightly different from CBPO...I've seen grossly overweight CBP's, but haven't seen many BPA's out of shape...Maybe the tube only shows in shape guys and gals lol.

Comment

• Are CBPOs Fed LEOs and can they carry off duty? What pension do they have and is their FLETC transferable to 1811 standards? Also, how probable is it to get stationed somewhere other than the SWB? Thanks.
                              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                                I would want it a little difficult, something that's more challenging. At least for the first month, make it "hell month" or something silly. Knowing what I know now about boot camp, I could breeze through it.

Being a prior coastie, did you know Cape May has changed a lot? They now have an obstacle course, "stress cards", and no more live fire shooting.

I'm sure the applicant pool for BPA is slightly different from CBPO...I've seen grossly overweight CBP's, but haven't seen many BPA's out of shape...Maybe the tube only shows in shape guys and gals lol.
                                Just FYI....FLETC CBP is now run by a Border Patrol Chief who is also a former Marine. Things are changing and this new generation of CBPOs will not be "grossly overweight". Not saying it is going to be like "bootcamp" but it will be differnt from the guys that have gone through under previous management.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4490 users online. 231 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X