Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
    Congrats BBHogs !
    Same EOD & same GEO.....going to SYS too!
    Whens your PFT2?
    Hey SDCBP, Thanks! I have PFT2 next week in Nashville. I have no idea where I am going to stay while in Cali for EOD. What are your plans? I am coming from Arkansas. It's doesn't seem easy for people who are completely relocating. Any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      Telephone CASS shut down ages ago.

Use the website. https://apps.cbp.gov/cass/
      The CASS Line did shut down a couple of months ago....but when MHC moved facilities on July 1st they sent out an email with list of all the #' s you need t contact them.... they basically have a # for every pre-requesit....with the exception of IA for your BI.....BUT....if you got called by your investigator and still have his/her #....give them a call. My investigator was very helpful....

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
        Congrats to you too, where's your GEO offer at?
        Thanks.....Northern VA...I will be at Dulles International Airport!!

Comment

• In need of some real life experience info here

So I've got a TO for both CBPO and BPA, and I am, of course, working dilligently to get a phone call for each agency. I have worked in DHS and Federal LE for numerous years. HOWEVER, I have not worked with/for/near/ or anything to do with CBPO's and/or BPA. All that I know of these positions is what I have read and researched online, or in case studies. THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN: would some vets of each agency be able to tell me what they believe the better agency to work at, for long term is....and why? I believe that I have my personal ideas, but I have read about soooo many people that have left one agency for another. I want to know WHY? What is it that made them want to leave and/or desire to go to the other agency.

Now, to all those Dr McSmartipants' out there that love to act all salty and crab about a new guy on this forum asking redundant questions...well I am truly sorry ahead of time. But with an average of 15-20 posts per page and the incredibly vast number of pages there are in this forum...I figured that some folks with experience and knowledge might just wanna help out a fellow officer make a well informed descision. Or at least point me in the direction of some useful info. Thanks so much for understanding. And thank you to all that reply.
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone who has received a final offer lately. I hope the recent push for filling the Southwest Border means that someday in the near future CBP can focus hiring efforts to other geo areas. It would be nice to see folks start receiving tentative offers for Northern locations. On one hand it's difficult to sit here with an outstanding work history, multiple degrees, a clean criminal record, perfect score on the written and when not nursing a broken leg, excellent fitness abilities and on the other hand I know that someday my day will also come, even if it's 3-4 years out.

For those of you in the process, don't slack on the fitness standards, as seen before the PFT2 can bite you in the ***. If I can keep up with my pull ups, push ups and sit ups while nursing a broken leg back to health, there's no reason you 100% healthy applicants shouldn't be doing the same along with the required running. While pull ups are not a required part of the PFT2, they work a unique range of muscles that can only serve to help you and I highly recommend you add them to your regular workout routine.

Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
              So I've got a TO for both CBPO and BPA, and I am, of course, working dilligently to get a phone call for each agency. I have worked in DHS and Federal LE for numerous years. HOWEVER, I have not worked with/for/near/ or anything to do with CBPO's and/or BPA. All that I know of these positions is what I have read and researched online, or in case studies. THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN: would some vets of each agency be able to tell me what they believe the better agency to work at, for long term is....and why? I believe that I have my personal ideas, but I have read about soooo many people that have left one agency for another. I want to know WHY? What is it that made them want to leave and/or desire to go to the other agency.

Now, to all those Dr McSmartipants' out there that love to act all salty and crab about a new guy on this forum asking redundant questions...well I am truly sorry ahead of time. But with an average of 15-20 posts per page and the incredibly vast number of pages there are in this forum...I figured that some folks with experience and knowledge might just wanna help out a fellow officer make a well informed descision. Or at least point me in the direction of some useful info. Thanks so much for understanding. And thank you to all that reply.
              How about letting you know there are 3 former BPA's in my class... That could give you an idea.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

There were four former journeyman BPAs in my class and all but one are now stationed in a southwest port. They all stated that though they absolutely loved their job as a BPA, it came to the point where they had to make a decision between their family/way of life and their career. The chance to have their family live near civilization as a CBPO verses working in the middle of the desert as a BPA, they all felt, was an opportunity they could not pass up.

Comment

• Got the call

I EOD Oct 24th in Nogales, Az. Got the call today. Do you have to find living accomodations for the month you are at your duty station prior to FLETC?

Comment

Well...

One, it's the same agency. We(OBP/OFO) are both offices under CBP.

Most PA's I've know who have moved to OFO did so for family/location reasons. Most CBPOs I've know who have moved to OBP did so for 'greater law enforcement' potential.

Long term...who knows?

Ten years ago... All PAs worked for INS, along with Immigration Inspectors. INS was part of the Justice Department. Custom Inspectors worked for USCS. The Customs Service was part of the Treasury Department. All three positions journeymanned at GS-09.
                    DHS was a mere idea, if that, and no one expected anything like a merger of IIs/CIs and the inclusion of USBP, the adoption of the Aggies(who were also GS-09s) and all the rest that came about during/as a result of the creation of DHS/CBP.

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what CBP will look like 5-10-15 years down the road. I'd expect to see some serious changes though. Heck, this agency is far from what it was in 2004, both on the OFO and OBP sides of the house.

Comment

• PFT2 in Nashville and EOD in SYS

Anybody here going on 10/12 to Nashville for PFT2...I need to come from Arkansas and want to see if anybody is going that way and wants to car pool or something. Also, any thoughts about EOD in San Ysidro...Should I drive my car out to Calfornia? Where will I need to live for the 3 weeks? If I take my car to Cali, will the CBP pay for me to drive to Georgia or fly me back to Arkansas to get my car and then drive to GA? Sorry I have so many questions, just want to get my plans straightened before it gets late....

Comment

• Got A call yesterday..just not THE call!

TuffStuff I feel your pain. I just went back pending on my med....yet again! They called yesterday to schedule another physical for me. This would be the 3rd one I've taken since applying. The one thing they did specify is that it's a physical only, no PFT1. I've taken those twice now (though only my first one is listed in my timeline). To help keep a positive outlook I just consider the fact I haven't disappeared off their radar screen! This is also the third time all of my stuff on CASS has gone from complete to an item pending. Oh well, just keepin' the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          and now my medical has gone back to pending. This hiring process is painful. It's been 6 months out of almost 2 and a half years since TSU that I've been back in the ineligible pool. This process is going on 5 years, I'm pretty sure that I applied in October of 2007.
                          Its a crazy system. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to schedule steps so far apart and then stagger the times the expire and when you have to redo them. For people that have been in the process for a while it will only leave small windows of time where we can actually be fully eligible to get n EOD.

My second full background if it clears in the average time frame will be cleared in 1-2 months, but I believe in December my VBT might expire so ill go right back to not being ready until that clears. So then in March my medical will expire again, then next May a new BI update form?
                          CBPO
                          TO - 05/08 JFK
                          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                            Its a crazy system. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to schedule steps so far apart and then stagger the times the expire and when you have to redo them. For people that have been in the process for a while it will only leave small windows of time where we can actually be fully eligible to get n EOD.

My second full background if it clears in the average time frame will be cleared in 1-2 months, but I believe in December my VBT might expire so ill go right back to not being ready until that clears. So then in March my medical will expire again, then next May a new BI update form?
                            Do you know how long medical is good for? 1 year? Do they do the whole medical exam again or just check to see for changes?

Comment

• Timeline?

Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                              I EOD Oct 24th in Nogales, Az. Got the call today. Do you have to find living accomodations for the month you are at your duty station prior to FLETC?
                              First off congrats on getting the call. When did you receive your TO and meet with BI?
                              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                              5/25 TO
                              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                              10/13~ BI CLEARED
                              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post

How do you like BOP? Which will you earn more money down the line. BOP or CBP?

Would you still rather become a CBPO?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11902 users online. 450 members and 11452 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X