300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by verbalkint4 View Post
    He's part right. A few of the teams are on a Mon-Fri schedule (like most of the trade teams) because that's when the trade community works. However, most of the teams are not(AT-CET, RPM, Marine Desk, ATU). You work when the ships work which is usually 'round the clock.

As for OT, I can't give you a definite answer. When I was there a two years there seemed to be a lot around the beginning and end of the fiscal year with a little bit in between. Don't really know how good the LAX overtime is.
    Thanks for all the info. Which do you think would be more consistant schedule wise? While the OT is a factor, I do have two kids at home that I have to plan for as well. I'M just trying to gather as much info as I can so if I get the call I can make the best decision for my family.

Thanks again
    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
    July 09 Oral Board
    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
      and regarding taking your personal vehicle, must you get certain permission or is it up to the student?
      It's basically up to you. My port director strongly encouraged me to drive.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
        It's basically up to you. My port director strongly encouraged me to drive.

Thanks, then I will have to take it.
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• For those who recently tested you might want to check the application manager to see if your NOR has been posted. I've been constantly checking my email but apparently it was put up there two days after I tested. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
            Thanks for the correction. I do remember the coordinator lamenting the fact that this class was a record for overall drops. There are at least three from the group returning to FLETC (if they aren't already there): the "BIG MAN" who sat behind you, one of the gals from Calexico (both failed firearms), and A-group's Pres is going back (knee surgery).

With regard to firearms training and shooting the course for qualification:

LISTEN to the instructions and THEN DO exactly as you're told. The shooting part will come naturally...you get plenty of practice rounds.
            I was in that class. I got dropped for medical stuff in week 4. I am back at FLETC. The pres from A group is doing good and so is the BIG MAN. They are in different classes than me. Private Messages are welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilate74 View Post
              I was in that class. I got dropped for medical stuff in week 4. I am back at FLETC. The pres from A group is doing good and so is the BIG MAN. They are in different classes than me. Private Messages are welcome.

If you're who I think you are I owe you a drink. Either way welcome back!
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pilate74 View Post
                Glad to hear you're back in the game. I hope things run smoothly for you this time round. It's also good to hear about the others' progress.

Best of luck.
                ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• I want to report that I officially received the call last week. I also want to thank everybody who contributes their knowledge and support to this forum and thread. I waited 17 months and 2 days from the day of the written exam, to receive the job offer. It has been a mentally exhausting process, but hopefully will be well worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
                    I want to report that I officially received the call last week. I also want to thank everybody who contributes their knowledge and support to this forum and thread. I waited 17 months and 2 days from the day of the written exam, to receive the job offer. It has been a mentally exhausting process, but hopefully will be well worth it.
                    congrats! What port did you choose/were you assigned?

Comment

• Thank you. My assigned duty station is going to be the Long Beach Seaport, CA.

Comment

• So on average it's taking a year in a half to receive a job offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                          So on average it's taking a year in a half to receive a job offer?
                          Honestly, it varies. For me personally, I had tested in August 2007 and received a call by January 2008 to begin work. I ended up changing my location and had to wait about a month and got my call in February and began on March 3 2007. Unfortunately I failed firearms at fletc and have reapplied so who knows who long it will take this round but it just seems like it varies from person to person. My background investigation was done pretty quickly but i'm also single, no spouse or divorce and i've lived in the same state all my life......it just varies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                            So on average it's taking a year in a half to receive a job offer?
                            I applied in december, got my job offer July 14th. So it does vary, Im assuming it depends on how short handed your duty location is and how extensive your background may be ...I think those are the 2 main factors.
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Prior to going to FLETC, I am suppose to report down at my duty location in Miami, is this going to be on the job training or what should I expect for about a month of being there?
                              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• So I am looking at all the different health plans that we have to choose from and honestly none of them seen to be all that good. I was always under the impression that Federal benefits were really good. Am I just looking at them wrong or what?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5190 users online. 394 members and 4796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X