300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone.

I heard rumors that the running test time has been dropped to fifteen mins?
    I also heard that marching boot camp style from building to building is the new thing.

Are these rumors true?

one more thing. its an hk p2000 single shot trigger correct?

thanks
    thnxs
    "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiego411 View Post
      Definitely like college, INCLUDING beer pong!! I know our class had beer pong tournaments!! If you can take a car...that is the best essential. If you forget anything Walmart is close by...they have buses that run from the campus too or you can take a taxi. One guy in our class had a ton of dvds and so a lot of people went to him for movies but the fletc store had dvds as well. When I was there it was during the bug season so bug spray was helpful but honestly as much bugs as there were I never used the spray. Maybe a small umbrella because you never know when the weather changes? One minute sunny, the next minute thunder and lightening! If you're at the crackhouse I would bring your own towl because the towls they provided were so thin! and i brought flip flops for the shower. If you're at taj you won't need those items. They have a pool at the Taj and another pool near the crackhouse and so if its still open I would bring swimsuit. Music would be good to bring!! I had my ipod and I ordered a lil thing to put it on to listen to in my room.
      Im starting to like the sound of this... LOL, but I did not know you were able to take your personal vehicle, and considering its only about a 5 hour drive.. I may have to do that. Im assuming they will tell me what building I will be in before I even go up there, Im not due to be there til Sept 3, but I'd rather be way ahead of the game...Thanks a lot.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

You get paid once you start. I get so confused with the pay periods...I know that it was pretty quick though...it depends on when during the pay period you get hired. You definitely are getting paid while you are at fletc. If you have any problems with your paycheck they (fletc) try to help as much as they can.

The pay periods from my understanding are from Sunday to Saturday. Ex. I start on Aug 3. that pay period ends Aug 16th.
        Pay day for that pay period (which is pay period 16) will be Aug 25th.

Hope that helps.
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
          The pay periods from my understanding are from Sunday to Saturday. Ex. I start on Aug 3. that pay period ends Aug 16th.
          Pay day for that pay period (which is pay period 16) will be Aug 25th.

Hope that helps.
          very helpful, thanks

Comment

• Can anybody comment on what the first day at FLETC was like? Was there an angry instructor yelling at you? Was there a lot of PT during the whole day? What I'm trying to say is if the instructors try to break some students during the first day, like in military boot camp or is it like the first day in college?

I met with my background investigator this week. I met with him in the morning and after he left, he spend the whole day interviewing my references. He would interview those references and ask them for more references and so on. I got a call at about 7 pm that he had just interviewed one of my long forgotten friends. I hope everything went well. I know I'm an honest, loyal person, but I don't know what other people whom I have had no contact with in a long time think of me.

Once you meet with the investigator, about how long is it for you to get the call for a critical location?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              Anyone that received a TO in May have you met with your BI yet?
              I recieved a TO in March and have all my stuff completed except the BI, although I did meet with a BI and a few people I know talked to them.
              USSCP
              Faxed App 7/28/10
              Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
              Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                Can anybody comment on what the first day at FLETC was like? Was there an angry instructor yelling at you? Was there a lot of PT during the whole day? What I'm trying to say is if the instructors try to break some students during the first day, like in military boot camp or is it like the first day in college?

I met with my background investigator this week. I met with him in the morning and after he left, he spend the whole day interviewing my references. He would interview those references and ask them for more references and so on. I got a call at about 7 pm that he had just interviewed one of my long forgotten friends. I hope everything went well. I know I'm an honest, loyal person, but I don't know what other people whom I have had no contact with in a long time think of me.

Once you meet with the investigator, about how long is it for you to get the call for a critical location?
                No yelling on the first day. Actually there isn't much yelling from my experience. It's not like military style....but then again I've never been in the military...but the people who had military experience in my class all said that it wasn't like the military. No PT on the first day. The first day is just an intro and you are pretty much just getting your stuff like books, figuring out sizes for your smurfs and PT clothes. Everyone will know that you are new because you will be dressed in normal clothes during breakfast. It's more like first day of college getting aquainted with campus I would say. The coordinator that I had was AWESOME!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                  I haven't had my drug test either.

But you should have had your medical...thats odd.
                  I missed their first call, and whenever I call them back I get no answer. Im gonna try emailing them and wait for them to call back again

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                    Thanks for the correction. I do remember the coordinator lamenting the fact that this class was a record for overall drops. There are at least three from the group returning to FLETC (if they aren't already there): the "BIG MAN" who sat behind you, one of the gals from Calexico (both failed firearms), and A-group's Pres is going back (knee surgery).
                    I'm glad. All three are good people, and it was disapointing to see them leave. The pres will have no problems (very sqared away officer), young lady from Calexico (she was just cute) but also pretty sqared. I figured those guys would get back to fletc. I'm really glad the big guy decided to go back. He seemed so defeated after firearms, I honestly didn't think he would go back.
                    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• I ran into an ICE agent at work today. He told me that the seaport here in LA is Monday through Friday, 8-5. And because of that, there is not as much OT as LAX. Can anyone confirm this? Or can anyone direct me on how to find out? 8-5 would be awesome, but being able to work OT is definitely better for the bank account.
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                      July 09 Oral Board
                      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

No yelling on the first day. Actually there isn't much yelling from my experience. It's not like military style....but then again I've never been in the military...but the people who had military experience in my class all said that it wasn't like the military. No PT on the first day. The first day is just an intro and you are pretty much just getting your stuff like books, figuring out sizes for your smurfs and PT clothes. Everyone will know that you are new because you will be dressed in normal clothes during breakfast. It's more like first day of college getting aquainted with campus I would say. The coordinator that I had was AWESOME!!!!

Wow, very different that the BP Academy........Is it true that the PT is just participation? Just curious.....
                        There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• How much do you pay for health insurance per month if you're married with kids? What about retirement? How much do you pay per month?

Comment

• Dfly--You find out where you are staying when you get to the center and check in.

Will--My seaport has a similar schedule, but there is overtime. Many times ships are scheduled to arrive but get there either late or early, resulting in staying over or coming in early. The overtime at my port normally is not the no-notice variety though. We are usually notified a day or two in advance that the ship will not arrive as scheduled.

Gabbanelli--You will pay 1.7% to retirement each payday. You can go to http://www.opm.gov/retire/html/library/fers.asp and look at the FERS retirement overview pamphlet. If you are a CBPO you fall under the special retirement starting on page 17. You have several choices for you health, dental, and vision insurance, so nobody can give an estimate for that. you can go to: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/ and look at the various plans in the area you will be working and figure out which one is best for your situation. I would have two or three in mind, so you can ask people at your port their experience with the plans you are considering.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              Dfly--You find out where you are staying when you get to the center and check in.
                              and regarding taking your personal vehicle, must you get certain permission or is it up to the student?
                              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                I ran into an ICE agent at work today. He told me that the seaport here in LA is Monday through Friday, 8-5. And because of that, there is not as much OT as LAX. Can anyone confirm this? Or can anyone direct me on how to find out? 8-5 would be awesome, but being able to work OT is definitely better for the bank account.
                                He's part right. A few of the teams are on a Mon-Fri schedule (like most of the trade teams) because that's when the trade community works. However, most of the teams are not(AT-CET, RPM, Marine Desk, ATU). You work when the ships work which is usually 'round the clock.

As for OT, I can't give you a definite answer. When I was there a two years there seemed to be a lot around the beginning and end of the fiscal year with a little bit in between. Don't really know how good the LAX overtime is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19529 users online. 502 members and 19027 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X