300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoda,

When we last talked, I mentioned a deployment and what I should do with the hiring process in that situation. Come to found out, I am getting called to active duty for a year CONUS as an instructor instead of an overseas deployment. I'm going to do the same thing and go as far along in the process until I hopefully get "the call" and tell them that I'm currently involuntarily recalled to active duty.

I also just got called to come in for my drug test. I posted on the forum, but wanted your insight. OF COURSE the day I go in to see the doc because of a slight back strain to get pain meds and muscle relaxers, is the day I get called in for a drug test. Common sense, tell them up front. Are they going to wonder about my back? It's fine, I hurt it a little doing deadlifts in the gym, and it just needs a few weeks to recover. And as long as I bring my prescription, and tell them that I am taking supplements like protein and creatine, that I shouldn't have a problem with the UA.

Since taking the VBT in August, this has been some kind of movement, so all I have left are my forms, quals, and BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
      Congrats! When did you take your drug test and how long did it take to get the results
      I took my DT on a Thursday (9/22/11) and called CHS and MHC the following Monday to check and see if the results came back.... They informed me that I was "good to go" and It was up to the scheduling unit to call for my PFT2.... I got "the call" last Friday with my EOD and academy dates.... And I just got my email for the PFT2 today. My PFT2 is scheduled fir 10/14/11!! I'm ready and can't wait!! Hope this gives you a little bit of a sense of time.... But from what I have gathered since being on here.... Everyone differs.... Good luck and keep me posted... Maybe we'll be in the same class!! Fingers crossed for all who are waiting!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
        Yoda,

When we last talked, I mentioned a deployment and what I should do with the hiring process in that situation. Come to found out, I am getting called to active duty for a year CONUS as an instructor instead of an overseas deployment. I'm going to do the same thing and go as far along in the process until I hopefully get "the call" and tell them that I'm currently involuntarily recalled to active duty.

I also just got called to come in for my drug test. I posted on the forum, but wanted your insight. OF COURSE the day I go in to see the doc because of a slight back strain to get pain meds and muscle relaxers, is the day I get called in for a drug test. Common sense, tell them up front. Are they going to wonder about my back? It's fine, I hurt it a little doing deadlifts in the gym, and it just needs a few weeks to recover. And as long as I bring my prescription, and tell them that I am taking supplements like protein and creatine, that I shouldn't have a problem with the UA.

Since taking the VBT in August, this has been some kind of movement, so all I have left are my forms, quals, and BI.
        Be upfront and you'll be just fine brother!... This will simply clear the waters before anything comes back from the lab.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Now if you're talking about about some other Federal job, of course they can't... all you have to do is resign and move on.
          This is what I was referring to in my previous post. In addition, you should NEVER resign from your current federal position if you are taking a new job at another agency; let human resources from both agencies take care of that.
          CBP Officer
          Initial Application: 11/16/10
          Test Exam: 12/13/10
          Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
          New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
          Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
          Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Got The Call

Long time listener and first time participant....I recently got the call for EOD on 10/24/11 in San Ysidro. I ahve so many question i don't know where to begin. I'll start off by asking if anyone else here is going to San Ysidro later this month? I am also wondering if anybody is going to Nashville on 10/12 and will be coming from southwest?

Comment

• I passed my PFT2 last Friday... One guy failed the push ups... He was out of shape from the moment he came to take the test... My advice to all applicants, is to stay in shape, even do some walking, jogging and light running... Sit-ups and Push-ups are easy... the examiners are looking for proper techniques/form when doing them...
              I also started my first day of pre-academy today...

Just hang in there guys... I saw about 3 guys getting VBT/SI at my port today...
              Plus* for JFK. Two guys started their EOD last week, myself today and one guy coming on next week... (total of 4)
              Plus* I meet two new graduates that came from FLETC about two weeks now.
              I believe the hiring is going well, because those folks aren't on the Officer Forum to share their timeline and etc... so most people would think the hiring is only for the SWB? that could be true... But, what about the folks who aren't on any forums to let us know?

The calls will come soon...
              CBPO GS-7
              Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
              NOR: 08/01/08
              Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
              1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
              PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
              2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
              VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
              Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
              BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
              BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
              TSU: 09/09/11
              The Call: 09/21/11
              PFT2: 09/30/11
              EOD: 10/03/11
              FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• pft2

Just curious, for those who taken the pft2 test, in what order do they administer the exercises?
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• cleared

Received a letter today - completed all the pre-employment requirements. ..feels good to have all that done. If they call, they call... only gettin' younger (TO is for Virginia)

Comment

• There is a new relocation policy percolating through the system. By the time any new hires are eligible to move, the 'rules of movement' might be quite changed from current/past practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
                      Just curious, for those who taken the pft2 test, in what order do they administer the exercises?
                      The PFT2 is given in the following order...

220 Yards Dash
                      Push-ups
                      Sit-ups
                      1.5 Mile run
                      CBPO GS-7
                      Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
                      NOR: 08/01/08
                      Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
                      1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
                      PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
                      2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
                      VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
                      Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
                      BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
                      BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
                      TSU: 09/09/11
                      The Call: 09/21/11
                      PFT2: 09/30/11
                      EOD: 10/03/11
                      FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by QnsNY View Post
                        I passed my PFT2 last Friday... One guy failed the push ups... He was out of shape from the moment he came to take the test... My advice to all applicants, is to stay in shape, even do some walking, jogging and light running... Sit-ups and Push-ups are easy... the examiners are looking for proper techniques/form when doing them...
                        I also started my first day of pre-academy today...

Just hang in there guys... I saw about 3 guys getting VBT/SI at my port today...
                        Plus* for JFK. Two guys started their EOD last week, myself today and one guy coming on next week... (total of 4)
                        Plus* I meet two new graduates that came from FLETC about two weeks now.
                        I believe the hiring is going well, because those folks aren't on the Officer Forum to share their timeline and etc... so most people would think the hiring is only for the SWB? that could be true... But, what about the folks who aren't on any forums to let us know?

The calls will come soon...

so whatos your port ?

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
                          Received a letter today - completed all the pre-employment requirements. ..feels good to have all that done. If they call, they call... only gettin' younger (TO is for Virginia)
                          Lucky! I finally got scheduled for my drug test, so hopefully I'm not too far behind you for Dulles!

Comment

• fitness went green today (completed). Medical is still pending though? (had to go back a few days later to check tb test shot?)-dunno if that's the reason or not?

VBT/SI this week. I'm hoping for the best

Comment

• Any TO's issued this year for anywhere on the east coast? Northeast region, Mid Atlantic region?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                                Lucky! I finally got scheduled for my drug test, so hopefully I'm not too far behind you for Dulles!
                                Hey guys I'll be heading to Dulles as well!! I hope you guys get the call!! I EOD Oct 24th with an Academy date of Nov. 18th!! Maybe we will all be in the same class!! I know 2 people are close to graduating and headin to Dulles and from what i understand Dulles is in need of some help out there.....so hopefully you guys get called soon!! Fingers crossed for you!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13223 users online. 485 members and 12738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X