X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the max time 17m00s?
    Gek.

Comment

• 17:15 for pft2... I believe and 15:00 for graduation standards. If you're a former BPA, you'll smoke this

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
        17:15 for pft2... I believe and 15:00 for graduation standards. If you're a former BPA, you'll smoke this

Comment

• Anyone know if you fail the medical for not meeting the eye vision requirement, you could extend it much longer than the 30 days? Pushing the deadline would be optimal for people who need to get laser eye surgery. I would like to finish the background investigation before sinking 4k+ in laser eye surgery just in case I find out for some reason I get DQed.

Comment

• Honestly, 17:15 for 1.5 miles is a joke...

Comment

• I just received a new form letter giving me a new date and time for my VBT. I'm kind of confused because it makes no reference to changing the time and date (it looks exactly the same as the original letter I got about the VBT)... Anyone else receive one of these?

Comment

• So you got the same time and date? Hmm I better go check my mail I suppose to have mine next week weds. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by baron6 View Post
                  Anyone know if you fail the medical for not meeting the eye vision requirement, you could extend it much longer than the 30 days? Pushing the deadline would be optimal for people who need to get laser eye surgery. I would like to finish the background investigation before sinking 4k+ in laser eye surgery just in case I find out for some reason I get DQed.
                  After laser eye surgery, they require you to submit medical paper work at a minimum of 90 days after procedure. This is from personal experience after failing to meet the non corrected vision requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
                    I just received a new form letter giving me a new date and time for my VBT. I'm kind of confused because it makes no reference to changing the time and date (it looks exactly the same as the original letter I got about the VBT)... Anyone else receive one of these?
                    I did not receive another letter. As far as I know, my vbt is still scheduled for this week. Perhaps they changed your date to another to accomodate a higher number of applicants?

Comment

• Does anyone know what happens if you do not pass the vision portion of the medical? I did not get any feedback from the medical portion other than my ekg and bp being normal. I think I did fine, but seeing those "doughnuts" were pretty tough on the bottom line since they were so small?

Do they give you another opportunity to pass at your own expense (I think I read that somewhere)?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                        Does anyone know what happens if you do not pass the vision portion of the medical? I did not get any feedback from the medical portion other than my ekg and bp being normal. I think I did fine, but seeing those "doughnuts" were pretty tough on the bottom line since they were so small?

Do they give you another opportunity to pass at your own expense (I think I read that somewhere)?
                        Most likely they'll give you a chance to go to an eye doctor and have them do an actual test on how bad you sight is, once that number comes in and if it is under minimum... you are out of the running until you re-apply once again. Hopefully by that time you have undergone eye surgery to correct your sight.

To the other applicant posting a question similar to yours and stating that he would rather wait until the BI is cleared... Nothing is assured until you have passed all steps, gone through the academy, and past your probation period. There are many ways to lose your job, especially at the academy. If you go for the surgery, do it for you and your future, in the end it might help you land any other job that has vision requirements.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• does anyone know if having a foreign girlfriend and being honest about it affects you cbpo application?
                          CBPO
                          geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
                            does anyone know if having a foreign girlfriend and being honest about it affects you cbpo application?
                            If you were up front about it, and included her information on your packet, it shouldn't be a problem...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Maybe. Having an USC girlfriend 'affects' your application. To one degree or another, associating with anyone might affect your application. How much largely depends on what derogatory information can be dug up on her and/or her family/friends and in the case of an alien...how friendly we happen to be with the nation of citizenry.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
                                does anyone know if having a foreign girlfriend and being honest about it affects you cbpo application?
                                It seems to make it a little bit aggravating. You need to be honest and forthcoming about foreign contacts. My investigator was at my house for seven hours. We spent an hour or more talking about my alien girlfriend, my other foreign contacts, and my travel.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9343 users online. 225 members and 9118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X