300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blessedryder View Post
    3 to 4 weeks depending if u have anything questionable... just pass/fail no score... I had to go get some paperwork filled out by my eye dr because I had LASIK..
    Hey blessedryder is ur bi and quals still pending on cass ? And when did u meet ur bi , im also in for miami and received the T.O on 06/14/2011
    Test - 12/2010
    NOR- 2/2011-score 97
    TO- 6/2011
    Medical- 7/2011-Complete
    Physical- 7/2011-Complete
    Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
    VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
    Drug Test ?

Comment

• Got an email today my medical/fitness are now expired. Do I have to do the PFT1 now then? I guess I better start practicing my step test
      CBPO
      Test: July 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      VBT 1/21/09-passed
      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
      BI - Cleared
      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        Apparently not everyone is going through that section from the new crop of applicants... some get it and some don't.
        Beginning in November 2010, all new applicants to CBP Officer positions must pass both
        a video-based test (VBT) and a structured interview (SI) in order to be hired as a CBP
        Officer.

The Structured INTERVIEW is very much an interview.
        To the guys/gals that are scheduled for it: be prepared to be "interviewed". Good luck!
        CBPO
        TO:04/01/11
        EOD: 08/22/11
        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
          You should have been told by the proctor. That's what happened to me. The passing score is 80 for the PFT for the 1st 4 test you couldn't have received a 0 in any of them. For the step test, you either pass or fail. As for how to score in the PFT: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf page 11 shows you how to score the test (assuming you remember your numbers).

I had a strange experience. I took my medical yesterday and my systolic (the top number of BP) was really high, but bottom was low. They took it a few times and it kept going down, but not below 140. I told the doc about my "white coat syndrome," and he didn't seem to worry about it. He let me take the PFT1 minutes later. So, I hope that CBP will look past that. Anyone else ever have the same issue?
          ^^Interesting. I was not told my times/scores. Just completed all the tests. I know i did 31 push ups, 29 sit ups, 14 markers on the side step, and completed the step test, I just don't know my time for the lift test. I wonder if I can call and ask.. I still have to go back in 2 days to show the skin area where the TB test was administered

Comment

• What's the longest any one has seen a BI take to clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by jd.aguilar81 View Post
              Hello all! I have been reading quite a bit of information here and decided to go ahead and ask a few questions. I took my Test 12/2010, recieved my TO 5/2011, I have passed all requirements with the exception of my PF2 (I have not been scheduled for it yet). (1) Is "The Call" for your EOD and PF2? From what I am gathering, It seems like you get your EOD when they schedule your PF2. Is this correct? (2) Someone recently posted a question about the break times in between execises for the PF2. I have no issues with any of the requirements for the actual test but i have not been doing them for instance with a 60 second break in between. (3) I also read 2 people talk about getting their offer, Pre-Academy, and EOD in a Letter.... Is that possible? I thought it was only done by phone call.

Lastly....Congrats to all that have gotten the call!! This wait is gut wrenching.....Hopefully I get the call soon and get into a November class!!
              1. You receive "The Call" in which they inform you of your EOD date. They then tell you they will be getting in touch with you to schedule the PFT2.

2. When I took it, last week, there was 5 minutes rest between each part.

3. I received the final offer via phone call. The scheduling for my PFT2 was through email. Once I passed the PFT2 my "Final Offer" was email

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                What's the longest any one has seen a BI take to clear?
                Yoda's at 4 years
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  Yoda's at 4 years
                  It may of took 4yrs for him to get hired but not a fact that it took his BI process 4yrs to clear.

His time line says 4-5months the 2nd time around.

Comment

• I have record of bankruptcy due to family failed business. will that prevent me from getting my BI clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                      Got an email today my medical/fitness are now expired. Do I have to do the PFT1 now then? I guess I better start practicing my step test
                      You will not have to take the PFT1 again, but you will have to do the PFT2 when you get the call. You probably go in for a medical exam and that's it.
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                        Hey blessedryder is ur bi and quals still pending on cass ? And when did u meet ur bi , im also in for miami and received the T.O on 06/14/2011
                        Havent met anyone yet.. The only thing green in case is my pft1..

GEO MIA
                        Exam 12/10
                        Nor 1/11. Ranking 92
                        TO 7/11
                        Medical 8/29
                        Fitness PFT 1 8/29 green check 9/12
                        VBT/SI Scheduled 9/29
                        BI Pending
                        Drug test Pending
                        GEO MIA
                        Exam 12/10
                        Nor 1/11. Ranking 92
                        TO 7/11
                        Medical 8/29
                        VBT/SI Scheduled 9/29
                        BI Pending
                        Drug test Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                          It may of took 4yrs for him to get hired but not a fact that it took his BI process 4yrs to clear.

His time line says 4-5months the 2nd time around.
                          Keep in mind we hit a hiring freeze for all departments... That's why it took him so long.. Notice people that took the exam In 2007 are now getting EOD's.. Also there are things that are going to slow down your BI... I had to get my eye dr to fill out paperwork regarding my LASIK... O had to provide proof of payment for something's on my credit... So I have been delayed when people that took the test with me in 12/2010 are a step ahead of me because of these minor delays...
                          GEO MIA
                          Exam 12/10
                          Nor 1/11. Ranking 92
                          TO 7/11
                          Medical 8/29
                          VBT/SI Scheduled 9/29
                          BI Pending
                          Drug test Pending

Comment

• Have there been any recent SWB TOs received by anyone on this board? I changed my geographic location to the SWB about three weeks ago, and I haven't been issued a TO yet. Considering the wait times involved, this would seem normal on the surface... however, it seems odd considering how many people here changed their location to the SWB and instantly received a TO.
                            CBP Officer
                            Initial Application: 11/16/10
                            Test Exam: 12/13/10
                            Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                            New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                            Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
                              Beginning in November 2010, all new applicants to CBP Officer positions must pass both
                              a video-based test (VBT) and a structured interview (SI) in order to be hired as a CBP
                              Officer.

The Structured INTERVIEW is very much an interview.
                              To the guys/gals that are scheduled for it: be prepared to be "interviewed". Good luck!
                              Are you 289?
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Yoda's at 4 years
                                Mine took 3 years, 2 BI's and a Poly.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7498 users online. 404 members and 7094 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X