Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's probably not all that wise to get all that specific about firearms training on a unsecure site such as this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbsm1013 View Post
      kc12 - Thanks for the response and clarification regarding the type of clearance.
      The background investigation is designed to allow for top secret clearance. As KC said, it's the minority of officers who actually get the clearance implemented. Most rank and file officers seldom need it.

Comment

• Well the firearms seem that they could possibly be a challenge, but I think it may sound harder then it actually is, but SanDiego...thanks for the info on it.

As for the "crackhouses" how about a little more info on this, Ive seen it several times on here, but dont think i saw an explanation of what it exactly is or how bad it is. Just a nick name? or should we expect crackheads? HA HA
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
          Wow. none to PT/DT? Why a quitter?
          no none to PT or DT. Even our bigger and less inshape officers were motivated and worked hard. People talk about our PT being a joke and depending on who your PT coordinator is it can be. But I must say that our PT instructor was tough as nails and he loved to run and do pushups. The first week quitter was homesick and missed her boyfriend.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
            Well the firearms seem that they could possibly be a challenge, but I think it may sound harder then it actually is, but SanDiego...thanks for the info on it.

As for the "crackhouses" how about a little more info on this, Ive seen it several times on here, but dont think i saw an explanation of what it exactly is or how bad it is. Just a nick name? or should we expect crackheads? HA HA
            LOL! The crack houses suck but it is in a great location. Two min walk to the classroom building 3 min walk to the PTD building, 1 min walk to the G-bar, 4 min walk to the chow hall. And if you wanna know why they are the crackhouses, I guess you'll just have to visit.
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Anyone that received a TO in May have you met with your BI yet?

Comment

Well the firearms seem that they could possibly be a challenge, but I think it may sound harder then it actually is, but SanDiego...thanks for the info on it.

Qixfeet is right....quick walk everywhere!!! The crackhouses are really not that bad at all!!!! i stayed there and I loved it. It was so close to my classes and cafeteria. People at the Taj have more amenities but they gotta take a bus or have a longer walk in the morning to get to class. I loved that i could leave my room around 6:55AM and make it to breakfast and to class by 7:30. The extra sleep was worth it for me! If i forgot something I could run back to the room quickly. After class I could go back to my room....then shower and change and then go to the cafeteria. Honestly wherever you stay is fine. The crackhouse I had shared a bathroom with another student. The nice thing about this was it was someone from my class so I got to know her well. The taj has a refrigerator, a lil kitchen and lil sitting area and i'm not gonna lie its really nice but i enjoyed myself at the crackhouse. There are a lot of cbp people at the taj. At the crackhouse there was a mixture of people from different agencies like marshals, land management and others which was nice because you got to know other people as well. My crackhouse didnt have a tv or refrigerator but you can rent them at the fletc store and its really inexpensive. Also, when you get there you will find that people who are graduating are trying to get rid of their stuff so thats a good way to find stuff too. Hope this helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                  gotta take it manana (oops forgot the ~). Did you wear a suit? I heard there is no need but just wonder.....
                  Sorry for the late response. Yes, I wore as suit. Some people earlier in this thread recommended it, probably not necessary but Id rather be over dressed than under.

Good Luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                    Anyone that received a TO in May have you met with your BI yet?
                    Nope, I haven't even got to the medical/drug test yet

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
                      Nope, I haven't even got to the medical/drug test yet
                      I haven't had my drug test either.

But you should have had your medical...thats odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiego411 View Post
                        Qixfeet is right....quick walk everywhere!!! The crackhouses are really not that bad at all!!!! i stayed there and I loved it. It was so close to my classes and cafeteria. People at the Taj have more amenities but they gotta take a bus or have a longer walk in the morning to get to class. I loved that i could leave my room around 6:55AM and make it to breakfast and to class by 7:30. The extra sleep was worth it for me! If i forgot something I could run back to the room quickly. After class I could go back to my room....then shower and change and then go to the cafeteria. Honestly wherever you stay is fine. The crackhouse I had shared a bathroom with another student. The nice thing about this was it was someone from my class so I got to know her well. The taj has a refrigerator, a lil kitchen and lil sitting area and i'm not gonna lie its really nice but i enjoyed myself at the crackhouse. There are a lot of cbp people at the taj. At the crackhouse there was a mixture of people from different agencies like marshals, land management and others which was nice because you got to know other people as well. My crackhouse didnt have a tv or refrigerator but you can rent them at the fletc store and its really inexpensive. Also, when you get there you will find that people who are graduating are trying to get rid of their stuff so thats a good way to find stuff too. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys, it does help... It really does seem like college, excluding the beer pong etc, ha ha. Im sure it will be a new experience regardless. Any suggestions on what to take from home, other then the normal essentials?
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

Thanks guys, it does help... It really does seem like college, excluding the beer pong etc, ha ha. Im sure it will be a new experience regardless. Any suggestions on what to take from home, other then the normal essentials?

Definitely like college, INCLUDING beer pong!! I know our class had beer pong tournaments!! If you can take a car...that is the best essential. If you forget anything Walmart is close by...they have buses that run from the campus too or you can take a taxi. One guy in our class had a ton of dvds and so a lot of people went to him for movies but the fletc store had dvds as well. When I was there it was during the bug season so bug spray was helpful but honestly as much bugs as there were I never used the spray. Maybe a small umbrella because you never know when the weather changes? One minute sunny, the next minute thunder and lightening! If you're at the crackhouse I would bring your own towl because the towls they provided were so thin! and i brought flip flops for the shower. If you're at taj you won't need those items. They have a pool at the Taj and another pool near the crackhouse and so if its still open I would bring swimsuit. Music would be good to bring!! I had my ipod and I ordered a lil thing to put it on to listen to in my room.

Comment

• Wow

Deleted....
                            Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                              So I guess no one knows...okay, cool.
                              You get paid once you start. I get so confused with the pay periods...I know that it was pretty quick though...it depends on when during the pay period you get hired. You definitely are getting paid while you are at fletc. If you have any problems with your paycheck they (fletc) try to help as much as they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                                no none to PT or DT. Even our bigger and less inshape officers were motivated and worked hard.
                                Thanks for the correction. I do remember the coordinator lamenting the fact that this class was a record for overall drops. There are at least three from the group returning to FLETC (if they aren't already there): the "BIG MAN" who sat behind you, one of the gals from Calexico (both failed firearms), and A-group's Pres is going back (knee surgery).

With regard to firearms training and shooting the course for qualification:

LISTEN to the instructions and THEN DO exactly as you're told. The shooting part will come naturally...you get plenty of practice rounds.
                                ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19758 users online. 546 members and 19212 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X