Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 12noon Pacific

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
      Wow congrats really shory timeline, i am exactly around the same as u except my t.o was on june 14 but my steps were done around the same time ,random questoon around what time did they call you ? Im very anxious to hopefully receive a call i feel its never.going to come my geo pref is Miami
      Change your preference. I wasted 2.5 years on Florida as I live there now and had to retest. Changed to AZ and had T.O. in 2 weeks. You can always go back to Florida later.
      Jeff

      :< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

      Comment


      • Moplease, I too got an offer letter today and it read the same as yours did. Pre-Academy is Oct 17 and FLETC is scheduled for November 8, we are probably in the same class.
        Jethro, my original geo was West Florida but like you I got tired of waiting and from what I have heard they don't have a big need for bodies out there right now so I switched my geo when given the oppurtunity to Laredo and got a T.O. about 3 weeks later. The only person I have heard of getting a T.O for Florida in the past year was Yoda, and we all know how long he has been in this process.
        CBPO
        Test: 12/6/10
        NOR: 1/25/11
        T.O. 5/25/11
        Geo: Laredo, TX

        Comment


        • I'm home relaxing my body and mind, so that I'm completely ready for the PFT2 this Friday... I'm sure I'm going to pass it... I'll just use my same approach as if I'm taking the Army's PT test... No sweat...

          Congrats to all, who are getting calls... And if you didn't get a call... I'll pray for you, that your phone rings soon... Just hang tight...

          Questions: Should I bring a POV to the Academy? Do I pay for wireless-internet service? What are the rooms like at FLETC?
          Thanks...
          CBPO GS-7
          Location: NYC
          Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
          NOR: 08/01/08
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
          1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
          VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
          Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
          BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
          BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
          TSU: 09/09/11
          The Call: 09/21/11
          PFT2: 09/30/11
          EOD: 10/03/11
          FLETC: 10/25/11

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=Jethro1984;2890853]Change your preference. I wasted 2.5 years on Florida as I live there now and had to retest. Changed to AZ and had T.O. in 2 weeks. You can always go back to Florida later.[/QUOTE
            hey jetthro i already received my to all im waiting is on the call, my bi just needs to clear my friend already got an eod im just waiting
            Test - 12/2010
            NOR- 2/2011-score 97
            TO- 6/2011
            Medical- 7/2011-Complete
            Physical- 7/2011-Complete
            Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
            VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
            Drug Test ?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GUILE View Post
              Moplease, I too got an offer letter today and it read the same as yours did. Pre-Academy is Oct 17 and FLETC is scheduled for November 8, we are probably in the same class.
              Jethro, my original geo was West Florida but like you I got tired of waiting and from what I have heard they don't have a big need for bodies out there right now so I switched my geo when given the oppurtunity to Laredo and got a T.O. about 3 weeks later. The only person I have heard of getting a T.O for Florida in the past year was Yoda, and we all know how long he has been in this process.
              Hey guile thats false i tested on dec 2010 and received a TO on june same as one of my friends who is actually goig to eod in miami on oct 3 and fletc on oct 25, ive finished everything and waiting on my bi to clear and thats it
              Test - 12/2010
              NOR- 2/2011-score 97
              TO- 6/2011
              Medical- 7/2011-Complete
              Physical- 7/2011-Complete
              Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
              VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
              Drug Test ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by QnsNY View Post
                I'm home relaxing my body and mind, so that I'm completely ready for the PFT2 this Friday... I'm sure I'm going to pass it... I'll just use my same approach as if I'm taking the Army's PT test... No sweat...

                Congrats to all, who are getting calls... And if you didn't get a call... I'll pray for you, that your phone rings soon... Just hang tight...

                Questions: Should I bring a POV to the Academy? Do I pay for wireless-internet service? What are the rooms like at FLETC?
                Thanks...
                Definitely bring a POV. you have to pay for WIFI its not that much and its cheaper if you get it for longer periods of time. When i stayed there I was in whats known as the "crack houses" and I didn't think they were that bad. You have a bed, tv, desk, closet, sink for yourself and share a bathroom with one person next in the next room. There are other nicer rooms but I have never been inside them. You have a maid that comes buy and cleans while you are at class and drops off fresh towels.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

                Comment


                • That's awesome Moplease!! Congrats!
                  I hope my process is just as speedy as yours. I'm hoping for San Yisidro too, next weeks my VBT/SI.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                    Moplease, I too got an offer letter today and it read the same as yours did. Pre-Academy is Oct 17 and FLETC is scheduled for November 8, we are probably in the same class.
                    Jethro, my original geo was West Florida but like you I got tired of waiting and from what I have heard they don't have a big need for bodies out there right now so I switched my geo when given the oppurtunity to Laredo and got a T.O. about 3 weeks later. The only person I have heard of getting a T.O for Florida in the past year was Yoda, and we all know how long he has been in this process.
                    My TO was from 2008...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • about to take medical/pft1-any tips or self-explanatory?

                      si/vbt next week.

                      Comment


                      • Quick question for the vets. Should I bring copies of my resume for the SI to hand to the interviewer, I usually would bring a copy like I have in the past for other jobs. Just wondering what you guys did.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by QnsNY View Post
                          I'm home relaxing my body and mind, so that I'm completely ready for the PFT2 this Friday... I'm sure I'm going to pass it... I'll just use my same approach as if I'm taking the Army's PT test... No sweat...

                          Congrats to all, who are getting calls... And if you didn't get a call... I'll pray for you, that your phone rings soon... Just hang tight...

                          Questions: Should I bring a POV to the Academy? Do I pay for wireless-internet service? What are the rooms like at FLETC?
                          Thanks...
                          Bring your car, you will pay for wireless, and your room will depend on building assignment.... The Taj is like a Hotel room, the crack-house rooms are half the size no fridge and shared bathroom.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nugg View Post
                            Quick question for the vets. Should I bring copies of my resume for the SI to hand to the interviewer, I usually would bring a copy like I have in the past for other jobs. Just wondering what you guys did.
                            This is not a "typical" job interview... dress up for it, but you will not be "interviewing" for the job.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nugg View Post
                              Quick question for the vets. Should I bring copies of my resume for the SI to hand to the interviewer, I usually would bring a copy like I have in the past for other jobs. Just wondering what you guys did.
                              I didn't take a resume and neither did the 6 other guys that were there with me.
                              I don't think it would hurt if you did though.
                              CBPO
                              TO:04/01/11
                              EOD: 08/22/11
                              FLETC:09/07/11

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
                                I didn't take a resume and neither did the 6 other guys that were there with me.
                                I don't think it would hurt if you did though.
                                The VBT/SI is designed to test your ability to respond to certain situations... The Officers are not there to "qualify" you over your experience through a resume. If he qualified through experience it's up to him to show proof to the BI when he meets him/her.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7356 users online. 398 members and 6958 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X