Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanhrho View Post
    Does San Diego consider as SW?
    Yes, your going to want to be at the San Ysidro POE . I would think that would be a very popular POE to work at.

Comment

Does San Diego consider as SW?
      yes but the chances of you getting directly hired there is almost impossible, like Nugg said, if you want to be in san diego choose san ysidro, as far as being popular, i heard different lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestone View Post
        I'd stay out of Nogales, same with most of South Tucson, but you're free to choose.
        www.tucson.craigslist.org
        www.hotpads.com
        Both return a fair number of results in the Green Valley/Sahuarita area.
        True, until you pare them down by putting max rent of 850-900 (affordable on the starting salary) and you get only 2.
        Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          yes but the chances of you getting directly hired there is almost impossible, like Nugg said, if you want to be in san diego choose san ysidro, as far as being popular, i heard different lol
          thank you. does San Ysidro have a lot of overtime opportunity? because i really need to work overtime to support my family.

Comment

• does anyone working out of LAX/Longbeach, or San Bernadino airport? i would like to get station there if all possible.

written test July 2011 (SW)
            NOR : August 2011
            TO: August 2011 (3 days before NOR)
            Medical (tomorrow)
            Video interview (October 19, 2011)

Comment

• Also...i'm curious what the reasons are for avoiding Nogales as a living environment? High crime? Nothing to do when you're off? Easier to leave work at work by living north? I presently drive 31 miles each way as a commute and i'm not fond of it so a longer commute would suck, yet it seems inevitable based on the feedback i'm getting.
              Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

thank you. does San Ysidro have a lot of overtime opportunity? because i really need to work overtime to support my family.
                yes there is alot of overtime opportunity from what I hear

Originally posted by seanhrho View Post
                does anyone working out of LAX/Longbeach, or San Bernadino airport? i would like to get station there if all possible.

written test July 2011 (SW)
                NOR : August 2011
                TO: August 2011 (3 days before NOR)
                Medical (tomorrow)
                Video interview (October 19, 2011)
                this test is trying to fill the land borders, so your probably not going to get an airport or seaport, your best bet is san ysidro, then trying to swap or transfer out when the time comes, and even thats not guaranteed, plan on being there for 5 or more years, unless u get lucky

Comment

• where is the best place to live if you get stationed in San Ysidro, CA? for family, school for kids etc... thanks

Comment

• It looks like there is another spot for SW. I received the Call today but my wife and kids do not want to move to that area.So guess what? Family first.

Looks like I' m going to roll the dize and hope to receive a new TO for SE that I re applied back in June. As the lady told me , if decline it will only be for SW and will not be out of race for SE as everything should transfer as soon as receiving a TO.
                    Not and easy decision but I'm not a young gun, & have to make decisions base on what is important for me.
                    At this point just stay in PR with CBP, relax and wait who knows???
                    By the way choices: El Paso, Presidio TX, Columbus & Santa Teresa NM. EOD 10/11
                    that schock me as Fletc on 11/09 (4 weeks on Credit card expenses ouchhhh as bills back home have to be paid including mortage)
                    Last edited by williburns; 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: fixing mispell
                    CBPO
                    Exam: 12/2010
                    GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                    NOR: Jan 2011
                    TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                    TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                    Pre emp : Completed
                    Qualifications: Completed
                    PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                    Drug Screening: not required
                    Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                    BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                    VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                    Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                    TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Im at FLETC! Theres 4 cbp classes starting this week, not looking forward to the chow line! haha
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                        Im at FLETC! Theres 4 cbp classes starting this week, not looking forward to the chow line! haha
                        Congrats! May the polishing and ironing begin! lol
                        CBPO
                        TO:04/01/11
                        EOD: 08/22/11
                        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• &quot;Location Location Location!&quot;

I'm really curious as to if there is a common theme to the bulk of the SWB POE's being offered up. I mean, it seems as if there are quite a few calls going out as of late. I'm wondering if this group of calls are being offered POE's that have been passed up on for a while, or if there is a large spread across the board. Those of you that have received "The Call" in this fy 2011...what have you been offered? Has there been a few "choice" billets (not even certain what that would look like other than qeographical prefferances), or has the vast majority been in whole in the wall locations? Is there any theme to where this apparent rush of noobies arte being sent to?

Any solid logic is welcome to reply.
                          Thanks.
                          CBPO
                          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• I recently took my exam here in Livonia, MI. I also received a high school now depending on who else scored higher than you or I is when you will get your tentative selection letter via e-mail and/or regular mail. This could take any where from a couple months to I've heard years. Once you get your (TSL) things should start moving a little faster. Look on the CBPO website they have the steps for the application process.

Comment

• Just received an offer for san ysidro, ca pending passing the pft2 and budget approval. EOD is next month and academy report date in November. My CASS still has my qualifications, pre employment forms and background investigation as pending. We can all be offered a job at anytime. I thank GOD for everything. Here is my approximate timeline.
                              Exam: 01/11
                              NOR: 84
                              Qualifications: (GS-5)
                              T.O: 05/11 (SWB)
                              PFT1: 07/11
                              Medical: 07/11
                              Meeting with Investigator: 08/11
                              VBT & S.I.: 08/11
                              Drug Test: 09/11
                              B.I.:I guess has already cleared
                              PFT2:Awaiting a date
                              E.O.D.:10/11

Comment

• [QUOTE=moplease;2890802]Just received an offer for san ysidro, ca pending passing the pft2 and budget approval. EOD is next month and academy report date in November. My CASS still has my qualifications, pre employment forms and background investigation as pending. We can all be offered a job at anytime. I thank GOD for everything. Here is my approximate timeline.
                                Exam: 01/11
                                NOR: 84
                                Qualifications: (GS-5)
                                T.O: 05/11 (SWB)
                                PFT1: 07/11
                                Medical: 07/11
                                Meeting with Investigator: 08/11
                                VBT & S.I.: 08/11
                                Drug Test: 09/11
                                B.I.:I guess has already cleared
                                PFT2:Awaiting a date
                                E.O.D.:10/11[/QUOTE
                                Wow congrats really shory timeline, i am exactly around the same as u except my t.o was on june 14 but my steps were done around the same time ,random questoon around what time did they call you ? Im very anxious to hopefully receive a call i feel its never.going to come my geo pref is Miami
                                Test - 12/2010
                                NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                                TO- 6/2011
                                Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                                Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                                Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                                VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                                Drug Test ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7230 users online. 381 members and 6849 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X