Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ..........
    Last edited by Freefallin; 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM.
    CBPO
    TO:04/01/11
    EOD: 08/22/11
    FLETC:09/07/11

    Comment


    • For those of you working in Nogales that were transplants from other parts of the country...where does everyone live? My apartment searches in Nogales seem somewhat fruitless...is everyone living in Tucson and commuting in? Just curious.
      Jeff

      :< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

      Comment


      • When my Bi is done I will be at some port in AZ they say most people will be going to one port im just guessing but NOG? does any one know and the place to live search does look daunting ..

        Comment


        • Any one who has EOD recently(AZ) are they keeping you at office at all before FLETC or sending you right away when I was with Ice I was at office Mon. for paperwork kept in processing area Tues. and flew to FLETC Wed. for start of class Thurs and are they starting a new CBPO class every week or every other?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
            Any one who has EOD recently(AZ) are they keeping you at office at all before FLETC or sending you right away when I was with Ice I was at office Mon. for paperwork kept in processing area Tues. and flew to FLETC Wed. for start of class Thurs and are they starting a new CBPO class every week or every other?
            You usually do at least 2 weeks of pre-academy, then you're off to FLETC. Classes have been somewhat erratic since I got here, the class behind mine was 3 weeks, then 2, then 1... it's now been 2 weeks since the last class began, and a rumor floating that there will be 3 starting this week, we'll see about that...

            Now I would like to give a word of advice to all those new hires coming down here... Be mindful of where you're at, this is a Law Enforcement Training Center, not the "hood". You are not impressing anyone here by dressing like that on your off time, and really all you are doing is bringing unwanted attention to yourself. If you see your classmate looking like a hoodlum, please correct them... This is but a personal observation, but you must keep in mind that you are now representing the Federal Government and CPB as well...

            Just a bit of food for thought...
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • So just made the 27 hr drive to be told i would not be able to register til tomorrow!!! ugh!!! but glad i finally here!!!

              and its true 3 classes will begin this week. tues 27th, wed 29th, and thurs 30th
              Last edited by specrtunedgsr; 09-25-2011, 11:23 PM.

              Comment


              • Good advice Yoda. In my two decades of this, the most successful usually dress neatly and with a mind of who they are, and who they represent. We all have heard that clothes make the person. They do. Both self and others opinions are formed by appearance don't sell yourself short.

                As to the questions about the test, you need to practice reading comprehension. Really hammer math. Get a study guide, and get to the point where story problems and no calculator are no trouble at all. Many good candidates are lost due to the math portion. It is worth the effort, especially if you dislike math.

                Comment


                • can somebody pm me the email address to change my location preference?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                    Good advice Yoda. In my two decades of this, the most successful usually dress neatly and with a mind of who they are, and who they represent. We all have heard that clothes make the person. They do. Both self and others opinions are formed by appearance don't sell yourself short.

                    As to the questions about the test, you need to practice reading comprehension. Really hammer math. Get a study guide, and get to the point where story problems and no calculator are no trouble at all. Many good candidates are lost due to the math portion. It is worth the effort, especially if you dislike math.
                    The math was the only part that was hard for me since I have like 8th grade math (Just being silly). I knew before the test math was going to be my weak point since I have never used it since HS and that was back in 2000. So I went down to the book store and bought (Math For Dummmies) The basic math one, and I taught myself all the basic stuff over again. Study your mutiplication more then anything and how to add per say 20% off the final price of an item. If logical Reasoning is your weak point READ BOOKS lol...I never read books, but I did 2 weeks before the test (Lone Survivor) Anywho it got my reading up really good and I was sitting there with 20min left on the logical reasoning part and I was done. Got up drank a coke and washed my face.
                    Try eating some jolly ranchers to keep you alert also. In the end I scored 84% only because my math was not up to par. But that book I tell you is priceless (Math For Dummies- Basic Math).
                    Test 12/16/2010
                    NOR- 1/25/2011
                    TSL1-5/25/2011
                    TSL2-5/26/2011
                    Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                    Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                    Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                    Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                    VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                    Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
                    Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jethro1984 View Post
                      For those of you working in Nogales that were transplants from other parts of the country...where does everyone live? My apartment searches in Nogales seem somewhat fruitless...is everyone living in Tucson and commuting in? Just curious.
                      Stay north of Rio Rico. Sahuarita is nice.
                      Last edited by qixfeet; 09-26-2011, 03:41 AM.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by specrtunedgsr View Post
                        So just made the 27 hr drive to be told i would not be able to register til tomorrow!!! ugh!!! but glad i finally here!!!

                        and its true 3 classes will begin this week. tues 27th, wed 29th, and thurs 30th
                        They should've told you at your port that you can't register until Monday at around noon... I believe that information is at the FLETC website as well under reporting procedures/checking in. 3 CBP classes plus CITP classes... Chow hall line will be ridiculous!...
                        Hope you guys get the Taj... Bldg 185,186 & 187. As of right now only 1 CBP class is out in the crack houses.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          They should've told you at your port that you can't register until Monday at around noon... I believe that information is at the FLETC website as well under reporting procedures/checking in. 3 CBP classes plus CITP classes... Chow hall line will be ridiculous!...
                          Hope you guys get the Taj... Bldg 185,186 & 187. As of right now only 1 CBP class is out in the crack houses.
                          actually when i filled my paper work, I had told them i would be arriving a day early, im guessing someone didnt notify fletc. And yea just checked in a whle ago and we got the Taj! 186 i believe. Can wait!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            Stay north of Rio Rico. Sahuarita is nice.
                            But are there apartments in this area? The usual apartment websites (apartmentguide, forrent, etc.) are seeming to find nothing or next to nothing. There are supposedly 3 or 4 decent looking complexes in Nogales just based on Google Street View (there are no pictures of them anywhere). Do you know of a nice complex in Sahuarita I could research so I can be prepared to look around when i'm in pre-academy?
                            Jeff

                            :< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jethro1984 View Post
                              But are there apartments in this area? The usual apartment websites (apartmentguide, forrent, etc.) are seeming to find nothing or next to nothing. There are supposedly 3 or 4 decent looking complexes in Nogales just based on Google Street View (there are no pictures of them anywhere). Do you know of a nice complex in Sahuarita I could research so I can be prepared to look around when i'm in pre-academy?
                              I'd stay out of Nogales, same with most of South Tucson, but you're free to choose.
                              www.tucson.craigslist.org
                              www.hotpads.com
                              Both return a fair number of results in the Green Valley/Sahuarita area.

                              Comment


                              • Does San Diego consider as SW?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5473 users online. 242 members and 5231 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X