Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my N.O.R.! I was expecting to wait longer than 3 weeks. How long after getting your results do you typically get the tenative offer? And does your score matter? I know some agencies rank you by score and some it is basically pass/fail...

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
      Re-posting question since not answered yet.
      Each step is different. Medical is 1 year I think, BI is 2 with an update after a year, Drug test I have yet to figure out but at least once, VBT is 3 to the best of my knowledge. PFT1 once.
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro1984 View Post
        Hi all....have been following this thread for quite awhile but never said anything (not my style). I got the call on 9/21/11. I do PFT2 on 9/30/11 in Miami, FL and then it's off to FLETC 10/25-3/7. For all of you in waiting...I initially tested in 2008 and retested late 2010 so keep the faith, if it's meant to happen, it'll happen!
        Congrats Jethro1984... I guess we'll see each other at the academy
        CBPO GS-7
        Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
        NOR: 08/01/08
        Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
        1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
        PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
        2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
        VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
        Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
        BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
        BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
        TSU: 09/09/11
        The Call: 09/21/11
        PFT2: 09/30/11
        EOD: 10/03/11
        FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
          Guile (and/or anyone else),

Much congrats on The Call. However, I am hoping that you can answer a question for me. When they called you, did they give you a liist of POE's to select from? Or was it one location with a choice to take or deny it? And almost more importantly, do they anticipate an immediate response while they are on the phone with you? Or do they give you an amount of time to discuss with family the options and then reply back? Lastly, it sounds as if one MUST go to their POE prior to FLETC. Have any of you guys in here ever heard of someone going directly to FLETC without previously going to their POE for a few weeks?

Again, very excited for you...and also looking forward to learn your thoughts to these questions.

Thanks.
          When MHC called me, they said that they have a few job offers for me and if I'll be interested. The person on the phone listed JFK first and I said sure... That was the port I wanted anyway... But, I think she may have had two more choices for me, just incase I didn't take JFK... But, at that point, I was willing to take Georgia or Miami... If they had offered it to me... You will go to POE before your FLETC academy... From my own personal experience with MHC on the phone, it seems like they could work with you, if you had a problem... But, I wouldn't recommend anyone pushing it... In time like this, when you get a job offer, you take it and run... Policies, Budgets, Governments and etc is nothing waiting for no one... So, I suggest all to wait until there number is called...
          CBPO GS-7
          Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
          NOR: 08/01/08
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
          1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
          VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
          Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
          BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
          BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
          TSU: 09/09/11
          The Call: 09/21/11
          PFT2: 09/30/11
          EOD: 10/03/11
          FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
            Each step is different. Medical is 1 year I think, BI is 2 with an update after a year, Drug test I have yet to figure out but at least once, VBT is 3 to the best of my knowledge. PFT1 once.
            I believe the drug test is 18 months. But they don't seem to reschedule your 2nd one until you are further down the line in the process. Of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovecarneasadaburritos View Post
              I hear 8 more will EOD in ATL Monday. That makes like 15 in pre-academy here.
              I EOD a week after, is pre academy M-F at ATL?
              Exam: 12/10
              NOR: 1/25/10
              Qualifications: (GS-7)
              T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
              PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
              B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
              Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
              VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
              Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
              B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
              PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• This is my first posting, but I've been reading everyone's experiences for a few months. This is my second time through this waiting ordeal, due to some medial reasons "pregnancy" the first time around. I tested on 12/2010 as many of you, but my entire process seems to be so slow, in comparison to the previous. Several individuals that I tested with got the call or are a few steps away from it. My qualifications, BI, and drug test are still pending. I met with the investigator on 7-24-2011 and had my drug test on 9-2-2011, but none seem to clear. I've e-mailed CASS and DHS, but they have no word. Do any of you have any advice, e-mail, or phone number to put me at ease? I really don't want my application to be forgotten? I'm desperate.!!!!! Considering I live and selected the SWB "El Paso" I thought I would get through the process faster, but apparently not!! I got an 89 on the written test, have a degree, but it seems none of this matters.
                Last edited by Swb915; 09-24-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro1984 View Post
                  Hi all....have been following this thread for quite awhile but never said anything (not my style). I got the call on 9/21/11. I do PFT2 on 9/30/11 in Miami, FL and then it's off to FLETC 10/25-3/7. For all of you in waiting...I initially tested in 2008 and retested late 2010 so keep the faith, if it's meant to happen, it'll happen!
                  Hey jethro when did ur bi exactly clear ? Ur the 3 rd person ive sren tgats going to miami and has tge exact same timeline as myself , i have yet to be called but i am still pending on my background. Hopefully my call can come soon and i get to join u in fletc
                  Test - 12/2010
                  NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                  TO- 6/2011
                  Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                  Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                  Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                  VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                  Drug Test ?

Comment

• For those of you that just recieved their TO, if you dont mind what was your NOR score? Im hoping my score of 86 will get me a TO soon for the SWB. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Monday-Friday 0800-1630

Comment

• For Pre-Academy.

Comment

• Got my med/ptf1 on tuesday but I have to decline my pft1 due to hand surgery to repair a broken knuckle but they said it wont slow my process and all I have to do is decline the PT and they will reschedule it for a later date after I get cleared medically. Have my VBT on Oct 20th

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                            Hey jethro when did ur bi exactly clear ? Ur the 3 rd person ive sren tgats going to miami and has tge exact same timeline as myself , i have yet to be called but i am still pending on my background. Hopefully my call can come soon and i get to join u in fletc
                            My BI and Drug Test have not cleared in CASS...which from reading here is not particularly uncommon. They wouldn't call unless it was good to go or seriously looking that way.
                            Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
                              Hi, all. This is my first post, and I'd like to thank everyone here for the time and information that's shared here. It's been a great resource throughout the application process so far.

I tested for CBPO in July 2011 and received a TO a month later for SW Border. E-qip is updated, I have the SI/VBT scheduled for this Monday and Medical the following day. Honestly, I'm surprised at the speed of the whole process. From what I've been reading, normally it takes around 6 months to something like 3 years after the TO before you get called and offered EOD, assuming all goes well. Now, here I am only a couple of months out from taking the test and things are moving with lightning speed, at least in relation to government entities.

Is anyone else who has applied for the SWB seen anything similar? Honestly I applied early, planning on having some time to get my affairs in order here (living in Florida) before making the move. How likely does everyone think that, assuming I pass everything, I'll get called out sooner than the expected six months or more? As you say, getting caught flat-footed wouldn't be good thing.

I think I'd like to also echo Verve10's concerns about living arrangements during your initial EOD. Am I right that I'd be carting myself out West (sans my wife,) for two or three weeks, and then headed back closer to home to Glynco for FLETC, and then back out to my port? I'm not worried about moving so much. Actually, I'd like to move, which is why I applied to begin with. However, finding living arrangements for a 2 or 3 week stretch without knowing anyone in the area (or even which area it may be ) seems challenging, especially on my meager budget. How have people dealt with this in the past?

Thanks for your input. This thread has been invaluable so far.
                              Yes, same for me. Took the test the first week of August, have my pft1 next week, and my Vbt the 3rd week of October. All my BI info is submitted and I am awaiting being assigned an investigator.

Hope this speed keeps up for all of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by bravezfan777 View Post
                                For those of you that just recieved their TO, if you dont mind what was your NOR score? Im hoping my score of 86 will get me a TO soon for the SWB. Thanks guys!
                                I got a 98 w/o vet benefits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5941 users online. 325 members and 5616 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X