300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by future007 View Post
    What happens after you receive your NOR and are waiting for TO? Anyone else take the test in Altanta get their results back today as well?
    You wait......

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
      For each individual step on CASS does anyone know how long each step are good for before they start to expire?
      Re-posting question since not answered yet.

Comment

Last edited by Freefallin; 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM.
        CBPO
        TO:04/01/11
        EOD: 08/22/11
        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
          As of late, It has become very common for SWB applicants to get hired in under a year. All the SWB applicants in my class, (except for 2) got hired in under 10 months. We got "the call" within 4 months of receiving the TO.

I had to drive from Miami, Fl. to Laredo, Tx., stay at a weekly rate hotel for 2 weeks and now i'm in Glynco.
          I brought out the ol' credit card and gave it hell.
          Do they give you a per diem or anything for those two weeks, or do you take the entire hit?
          CBPO

Test: 7/2011
          TO: 8/29/2011
          NOR: 8/30/2011
          VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
          PFT1: 9/28/2011

BPA

Test: 8/2011
          TO: 9/28/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
            Hi, all. This is my first post, and I'd like to thank everyone here for the time and information that's shared here. It's been a great resource throughout the application process so far.

I tested for CBPO in July 2011 and received a TO a month later for SW Border. E-qip is updated, I have the SI/VBT scheduled for this Monday and Medical the following day. Honestly, I'm surprised at the speed of the whole process. From what I've been reading, normally it takes around 6 months to something like 3 years after the TO before you get called and offered EOD, assuming all goes well. Now, here I am only a couple of months out from taking the test and things are moving with lightning speed, at least in relation to government entities.

Is anyone else who has applied for the SWB seen anything similar? Honestly I applied early, planning on having some time to get my affairs in order here (living in Florida) before making the move. How likely does everyone think that, assuming I pass everything, I'll get called out sooner than the expected six months or more? As you say, getting caught flat-footed wouldn't be good thing.

I think I'd like to also echo Verve10's concerns about living arrangements during your initial EOD. Am I right that I'd be carting myself out West (sans my wife,) for two or three weeks, and then headed back closer to home to Glynco for FLETC, and then back out to my port? I'm not worried about moving so much. Actually, I'd like to move, which is why I applied to begin with. However, finding living arrangements for a 2 or 3 week stretch without knowing anyone in the area (or even which area it may be ) seems challenging, especially on my meager budget. How have people dealt with this in the past?

Thanks for your input. This thread has been invaluable so far.
            Zilch1979,
            I'm a 07/11 tester with what appears to be a fast timeline as well. I was scheduled to take my VBT/SI next week but they called me to push it back to Oct 7. I'm trying to get the SWB region too (would love to get back to my home town of San Diego and out of this $#!& hole of Detroit). Worst case scenario, if we communicate on here well enough, maybe a couple of us noobies that get called to the same port can shack up together and split the bill for 3 weeks.
            CBPO
            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Similar timeline to you as well^Also out of midwest and SWB region

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                Zilch1979,
                I'm a 07/11 tester with what appears to be a fast timeline as well. I was scheduled to take my VBT/SI next week but they called me to push it back to Oct 7. I'm trying to get the SWB region too (would love to get back to my home town of San Diego and out of this $#!& hole of Detroit). Worst case scenario, if we communicate on here well enough, maybe a couple of us noobies that get called to the same port can shack up together and split the bill for 3 weeks.
                Hoping for San Diego, myself. I visited there a couple times and thought it was great. With any luck, the needs of the service coincide.
                CBPO

Test: 7/2011
                TO: 8/29/2011
                NOR: 8/30/2011
                VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
                PFT1: 9/28/2011

BPA

Test: 8/2011
                TO: 9/28/2011

Comment

• Hey FreeFallin looks like I might be not too far behind you. Did you also drive to FLETC from Laredo? I'm not sure if they will give me enough time between Pre-Academy and FLETC to do this but what I was hoping to do was rent a car and drive to Laredo for Pre-Academy, then drive back home and get my car and everything I need for FLETC and then drive up to Glynco. You think I would be able to do this or do we have to fly straight to Glynco from Pre-Academy?
                  Also, can you give us any details on what Pre-Academy was like? Pretty Please
                  CBPO
                  Test: 12/6/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11
                  T.O. 5/25/11
                  Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

Zilch1979,
                    I'm in the same boat. Tested in July got a TO the next month and now I have my medical/ pft1 on weds. And then the VBT/SI in SD on the 5th. I hope the momentum keeps going but I am prepared for a screeching holt from what I hear from most guys here.

Comment

Zilch1979,
                      I'm in the same boat. Tested in July got a TO the next month and now I have my medical/ pft1 on weds. And then the VBT/SI in SD on the 5th. I hope the momentum keeps going but I am prepared for a screeching holt from what I hear from most guys here.

Comment

• I hear 8 more will EOD in ATL Monday. That makes like 15 in pre-academy here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
                          Hoping for San Diego, myself. I visited there a couple times and thought it was great. With any luck, the needs of the service coincide.
                          you will probably have to pick san ysidro if u wanna be near san diego, i know the cost of living is high there, but thats most likely where i wanna be stationed too if i get called

Comment

• Hi all....have been following this thread for quite awhile but never said anything (not my style). I got the call on 9/21/11. I do PFT2 on 9/30/11 in Miami, FL and then it's off to FLETC 10/25-3/7. For all of you in waiting...I initially tested in 2008 and retested late 2010 so keep the faith, if it's meant to happen, it'll happen!
                            Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

• somewhere, somehow, there has to be someone online that has been called for LAX/LB in the last year. It's one of the biggest ports in the nation...

Comment

• ^^^ They are in need for the borders right now, that is why they are pushing the new applicants so fast that applied for the border.
                                I feel your frustration, just sit back down right next to me where your seat is already warm. There's nothing we can really do but wait for our processes to get cleared and our # gets called. Just sit back and watch everyone else get the call first.

The last person I know that was on here that was for LAX/LB EODed in 5/11. It was just perfect timing for him because he applied in 09 which his processes was still good while ours expired and we got leap frogged. It is was what it is. Its their game and we just have to playing it.
                                Last edited by dannyw; 09-24-2011, 01:27 AM.
                                Tested: 8/2008
                                TO: 12/2008
                                GEO: LAX/LB
                                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                                Cleared 6/22/11
                                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                                Cleared 9/29/11
                                2nd TSU:
                                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4833 users online. 298 members and 4535 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X