Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished my written! The ALT was pretty challenging but, after the test I felt confident at the end! It's time for the waiting game to begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
      Does anyone that is or has been to FLETC have suggestions on what to bring? I leave for FLETC next week and haven't been told anything. I thought there would have been a list with suggestions such as X-amount of shirts, running shoes, boots, etc. Thanks for the help!
      I was told to buy white shirts, have military style black leather boots (that can shine up), tennis/court shoes, running shoes (or can be the same if you prefer), black socks... and I am not sure if I am missing anything else. We'll be told what we need the first day. No worries. PM me your class number. I wonder if we're in the same class. I just got my class roster today.

Comment

• Fletc

Someone was kind enough to make a list which is somewhere on the site, take a look. Also depending where you stay is also a factor, granted the taj is newer the older building is right next to the G-Bar and the classrooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
          Someone was kind enough to make a list which is somewhere on the site, take a look. Also depending where you stay is also a factor, granted the taj is newer the older building is right next to the G-Bar and the classrooms.
          I remember seeing a list on here a long time ago but I can't find it. I tried using the search engine with no luck. Does anyone have it bookmarked?

Comment

• To all:

I just found out I did not pass the VBT/Stuctured Interview... Wow, I was really suprised...I thought i did ok.
            This whole process is very unpredictable. Good thing is, I was instructed i can try again for the VBT in one year.
            That year starts from the date I did not pass it. I must say, I am a little confused as to what will transfer over
            or will I have to start the whole process all over again.
            On thing I did find out is that I have to wait for another announcemet to be released on USA Jobs...
            I was so close and I had been at this for a year or so, already.

Any suggestions for me from those of you that are VETS to this

My hats off to those who made it... Good luck at the Academy and your ports.

Comment

• So today I finally got "The Call" but I had a little bit of an issue. My background in CASS was still not cleared and I was just scheduled for my drug test yesterday so I thought everything had to be cleared in CASS before I would get a call. But apparently the guy on the phone told me everything was cleared and it must not have updated in CASS.
              So with him catching me so off guard in the sense that I still needed to make arrangements with my family, apartment, and such he told me if I wanted I could EOD with the next class in about another month. (Yes that means I still have to get another CALL). So that is what I did and now I have a much better idea of when I will actually be leaving and have ample time to get everything in order to leave.
              I guess the moral of the story is just because you may not have a green check for your background in CASS does not necessarily mean it has not cleared so when you get to that point with all other steps completed make sure your ready to go at a moments notice so you don't get caught with your pants down like I did.
              CBPO
              Test: 12/6/10
              NOR: 1/25/11
              T.O. 5/25/11
              Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                So today I finally got "The Call" but I had a little bit of an issue. My background in CASS was still not cleared and I was just scheduled for my drug test yesterday so I thought everything had to be cleared in CASS before I would get a call. But apparently the guy on the phone told me everything was cleared and it must not have updated in CASS.
                So with him catching me so off guard in the sense that I still needed to make arrangements with my family, apartment, and such he told me if I wanted I could EOD with the next class in about another month. (Yes that means I still have to get another CALL). So that is what I did and now I have a much better idea of when I will actually be leaving and have ample time to get everything in order to leave.
                I guess the moral of the story is just because you may not have a green check for your background in CASS does not necessarily mean it has not cleared so when you get to that point with all other steps completed make sure your ready to go at a moments notice so you don't get caught with your pants down like I did.
                I hear ya on that one partner. So you will be going to Laredo it looks like. When did you meet with your B.I.?

Test 12/16/2010
                NOR- 1/25/2011
                TSL1-5/25/2011
                TSL2-5/26/2011
                Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office
                Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

Comment

• Originally posted by QnsNY View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I got the call today...
                  I'm very happy! I've been waiting very calmly... Now my turn is here... I'm looking forward...
                  Thanks to all, who have posted their experiences, opinions, thoughts, insights and bright ideas... You've helped me along the way. through this lenghty process... I just held my faith, held my corner and waited until I got my call...

Thanks Once Again... I'll post whatever I can to help you guys stay inform...

PFT2: 09/30/2011
                  EOD: 10/03/2011
                  FLETC: 10/25/2011
                  Excellent; for JFK no less. Good luck at Fletc and in your career. Hopefully one day I will join you.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by QnsNY View Post
                    Hello everyone,

I got the call today...
                    I'm very happy! I've been waiting very calmly... Now my turn is here... I'm looking forward...
                    Thanks to all, who have posted their experiences, opinions, thoughts, insights and bright ideas... You've helped me along the way. through this lenghty process... I just held my faith, held my corner and waited until I got my call...

Thanks Once Again... I'll post whatever I can to help you guys stay inform...

PFT2: 09/30/2011
                    EOD: 10/03/2011
                    FLETC: 10/25/2011
                    Oh well Good luck to you.

Still waiting on my background to clear....
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• WHERE DO YOU LIVE FOR TEMPORARY HOUSING??

I'm just really curious...what do most of you guys do as far, as living arrangements, when you EOD at your POE for 3-4 weeks prior to FLETC? Do you guys go and rent an appartment for that short period of time? Do you reside in a hotel? For single guys without families to move, it's not a concern. However, for those of us with families to move AFTER FLETC, where do you reside durring your pre FLETC time?

Just to clarify the proposed situation, an example: I live in Detroit, MI and I am requesting a SWB geo. Whenever I get my EOD, I am assuming that I would go by myself (as opposed to moving the entire family) for those few weeks and then head our to GA. for the 6 months. THEN come back and move the family out to my POE area. Where do most of you guys in similar situations reside durring your short stay at the POE?

Thanks for any ideas/help.
                      Last edited by Verve10; 09-22-2011, 09:19 AM.
                      CBPO
                      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by clou View Post
                        To all:

I just found out I did not pass the VBT/Stuctured Interview... Wow, I was really suprised...I thought i did ok.
                        This whole process is very unpredictable. Good thing is, I was instructed i can try again for the VBT in one year.
                        That year starts from the date I did not pass it. I must say, I am a little confused as to what will transfer over
                        or will I have to start the whole process all over again.
                        On thing I did find out is that I have to wait for another announcemet to be released on USA Jobs...
                        I was so close and I had been at this for a year or so, already.

Any suggestions for me from those of you that are VETS to this

My hats off to those who made it... Good luck at the Academy and your ports.
                        wow sorry to hear that, this is my first time seeing a post of someone failing anything other then the fitness test. Even with the poly test, they say 60% dont pass, but i have yet to see someone post that they failed it, i guess everyone that posts here is in that other 40% lol

Comment

• I've seen people post that they've failed the VBT or SI. You're not alone Clou. Keep your head up and prepare for next year.

Comment

So today I finally got "The Call" but I had a little bit of an issue. My background in CASS was still not cleared and I was just scheduled for my drug test yesterday so I thought everything had to be cleared in CASS before I would get a call. But apparently the guy on the phone told me everything was cleared and it must not have updated in CASS.
                            Guile (and/or anyone else),

Much congrats on The Call. However, I am hoping that you can answer a question for me. When they called you, did they give you a liist of POE's to select from? Or was it one location with a choice to take or deny it? And almost more importantly, do they anticipate an immediate response while they are on the phone with you? Or do they give you an amount of time to discuss with family the options and then reply back? Lastly, it sounds as if one MUST go to their POE prior to FLETC. Have any of you guys in here ever heard of someone going directly to FLETC without previously going to their POE for a few weeks?

Again, very excited for you...and also looking forward to learn your thoughts to these questions.

Thanks.
                            Last edited by Verve10; 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                              Guile (and/or anyone else),

Much congrats on The Call. However, I am hoping that you can answer a question for me. When they called you, did they give you a liist of POE's to select from? Or was it one location with a choice to take or deny it? And almost more importantly, do they anticipate an immediate response while they are on the phone with you? Or do they give you an amount of time to discuss with family the options and then reply back? Lastly, it sounds as if one MUST go to their POE prior to FLETC. Have any of you guys in here ever heard of someone going directly to FLETC without previously going to their POE for a few weeks?

Again, very excited for you...and also looking forward to learn your thoughts to these questions.

Thanks.
                              Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe you must go to your POE before FLETC because you have to sign more paper, get sworn in and do other computer work. So i pretty sure you just cant go straight to FleTc.
                              Tested: 8/2008
                              TO: 12/2008
                              GEO: LAX/LB
                              1st TSU: 3/5/09
                              2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                              Cleared 6/22/11
                              2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                              Cleared 9/29/11
                              2nd TSU:
                              Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                              EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                              Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                              Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

Didn't you need to do surgery on your shoulder? If you get injured during PT they'll end up sending you home, and it's up to your port's discretion if they keep you or let you go. It's much better to come in at 100%.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9337 users online. 528 members and 8809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X