300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
    Just got back from taking the VBT. Reading over this thread the last couple days has helped. To anyone who still has to take it, dont worry. Pretty simple and common sense stuff. (knock on wood until I get the results lol)
    gotta take it manana (oops forgot the ~). Did you wear a suit? I heard there is no need but just wonder.....

BPA
    test: 04/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received - 05/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
    Panel: 07/08: Passed
    BI: ?..
    CBPO
    test: 03/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received: 06/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
    VBT: Passed 07/08
    BI: ???
    FBI
    Phase I: 05/08
    Results: Passed 05/08
    Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
    Language test (o): Passed 07/08
    Panel: 10/08: ???
    PFT: 11/08: ???
    USSS
    TEA test: 08/07
    Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Will--If you are injured and go to the health unit, they will restrict your activities. If further evaluation or treatment is required that they can not provide, you will go downtown and receive it. If your injury requires you to miss too much of any class you will be sent back to your port and return when you are healthy. Personally I went to the trainers for help. I still have nagging pain from one of the injuries, but I was injured toward the end of the academy and wasn't going home for anything.

Dfly-- You must shoot 240 out of 300. The course of fire really isn't that difficult, just listen to your instructors and do what they say. Most of all relax and breath. I sang to myself between sections of fire, so I wouldn't think too much about shooting and psych myself out.

jbsm--Most CBPOs do not have an actual security clearance as the most sensitive information we see is LE sensitive and For Official Use Only.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• kc12 - Thanks for the response and clarification regarding the type of clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          Will--If you are injured and go to the health unit, they will restrict your activities. If further evaluation or treatment is required that they can not provide, you will go downtown and receive it. If your injury requires you to miss too much of any class you will be sent back to your port and return when you are healthy. Personally I went to the trainers for help. I still have nagging pain from one of the injuries, but I was injured toward the end of the academy and wasn't going home for anything.

Dfly-- You must shoot 240 out of 300. The course of fire really isn't that difficult, just listen to your instructors and do what they say. Most of all relax and breath. I sang to myself between sections of fire, so I wouldn't think too much about shooting and psych myself out.

jbsm--Most CBPOs do not have an actual security clearance as the most sensitive information we see is LE sensitive and For Official Use Only.
          Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the quick response.
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
          July 09 Oral Board
          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
            Anyone familiar with the CBP K-9 program? More specifically, what the requirements, difficulties and processes are to become a K-9 handler?

No requirements written in stone. Generally, you have to be a GS11. The agency doesn't hire outside for K9 positions. They post the positions internally and you just apply. Your port will make the selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
              Dfly-- You must shoot 240 out of 300. The course of fire really isn't that difficult, just listen to your instructors and do what they say. Most of all relax and breath. I sang to myself between sections of fire, so I wouldn't think too much about shooting and psych myself out..

Thanks,
              Im sure i can do that, Ive made sure Ive been going to the range near my house quite often, for about 6 months, to practice and get a little more comfortable. What specific kind of weapon will we be using more frequently, 9mm, .40, .45... all the above?
              Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
              Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                Thanks,
                Im sure i can do that, Ive made sure Ive been going to the range near my house quite often, for about 6 months, to practice and get a little more comfortable. What specific kind of weapon will we be using more frequently, 9mm, .40, .45... all the above?

It's a 40 caliber....H&K P2000....i was one of the people that failed firearms in my class =( My problem was with the barricade at the 15 and 20. It's really not that bad of a course....very reasonable. I have reapplied so i'll see how it goes....

Comment

• Well good luck with the reapplying, and the barricade? what does that consist of? Matter of fact, what distances do they have you shooting at and what type of targets?
                  Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                  Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Question

Deleted....
                    Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                      Yes. Fact is, I don't recall the actual number - Qix, correct me if my figures are inaccurate, we had six fail firearms and about the same number academically dropped and two medically rolled.

It's not a hard academy but you do have to pay attention, study a bit and don't get hurt.

Good luck to all of you heading to Georgia.
                      We lost 2 to academics, 1 quit the first week, 3 to medical or injury, 1 to border patrol and 5 to firearms.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Thanks,
                        Believe it or not alot of people have problems with the H&K P2000 at first. I think its a pretty solid weapon, but what gets people is the long trigger pull. As stated earlier, listen to your instructors and don't psych yourself out and everything else will fall into place.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Housed in a motel? FLETC is that packed where they need to house us in motels?
                          When I went nearly seven years ago I was in a motel and the volume of students has increased. I have returned for advanced classes and never stayed on base.

There is a good chance you will be off based. It is better if you are unless you are in the crack houses. If you can get any of the places near the mall you are set for the next four months you are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            We lost 2 to academics, 1 quit the first week, 3 to medical or injury, 1 to border patrol and 5 to firearms.

Wow. none to PT/DT? Why a quitter?

Comment

• I'm new to the forum and I just want to say hi to everyone in the process. It seems on my own experience that things are going pretty quickly down here. I just got my drug test cleared and my BI status changed to IN THE SECURITY OFFICE yesterday; thus, I guess if everything goes in the right direction, I should get a call at the beginning of next year... am I right?
                              TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                              NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                              QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                              GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                              MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                              FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                              VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                              DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                              BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

Well good luck with the reapplying, and the barricade? what does that consist of? Matter of fact, what distances do they have you shooting at and what type of targets?

You shoot from the 3, the 7, the 15, and 20. From the 15, you shoot from the left standing and then to right kneeling. This is done with a board in front of you which is used as your barricade. You reload as you go from standing to kneeling. This is done in 35 seconds but don't quote me on that. From the 20 you go from standing to the left to standing to the right. You do a magazine exchange as you move from left to right. You have a full minute to do this which is more than enough time. From the 7 you not only shoot at the target but you also shoot 2 to the body and 1 to the head. You also shoot the body with your left hand from the 7. Honestly don't stress about it....the target is big enough where you will be fine. I didn't shoot necessarily bad but it was difficult for me to shoot within the time allotted. With slow fire I did fine but when I was timed I think it was all mental for me. When you begin firearms they will give you a sheet that lays out the course of fire. There are no suprises. Unfortunately I was the only one to leave my class. They want you to pass and if you are struggling whether its academics, DT, AT, firearms you have chances remediate where they work with you....they really do want you to succeed. Sorry for the long response!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10584 users online. 361 members and 10223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X