300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
    This is my problem, too. That's why I was asking about a notary public.
    In SD, you can go to Coronado and try to get them done on base. 32nd Street is probably your best bet.
    Exam: 08/11
    NOR: 100
    Qualifications: (GS-5)
    T.O: 10/11 (SWB)
    PFT1:
    Medical:
    Meeting with Investigator:
    VBT & S.I.:
    Drug Test:
    B.I.:
    PFT2:
    E.O.D.:

Comment

• I hope someone can give me an answer, I currently hold a military security clearance and all my info is in system, finger prints and such will this help the investigative process move a little faster? Also, how long does it take to change the area you are interested in. I have currently selected SE, but would take SW if the call would come sooner. Also, I took the test and receiced my NOR, rating of 100. How much does vet pref with a score of 100 help the process along. I have seen people on this forum post T.O.s already and they took the test at the same time I did.
      Last edited by corydonsmith30; 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM.
      Exam: 08/11
      NOR: 100
      Qualifications: (GS-5)
      T.O: 10/11 (SWB)
      PFT1:
      Medical:
      Meeting with Investigator:
      VBT & S.I.:
      Drug Test:
      B.I.:
      PFT2:
      E.O.D.:

Comment

• Hey guys I've been watching these forums for a while, and it's been really helpful

Last week I got THE call

Took my PFT2 on friday and passed
        My EOD was scheduled for 9/26 for SYS
        and Flect 10/14

But a few minutes ago I got another call saying that my Background has gone into 'pending' again, and due to this my EOD has to be cancelled indefinitely

Has this happened to anyone here? Or maybe one of you knows someone with my situation

What can I expect? How long might this take?

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by corydonsmith30 View Post
          I hope someone can give me an answer, I currently hold a military security clearance and all my info is in system, finger prints and such will this help the investigative process move a little faster? Also, how long does it take to change the area you are interested in. I have currently selected SE, but would take SW if the call would come sooner. Also, I took the test and receiced my NOR, rating of 100. How much does vet pref with a score of 100 help the process along. I have seen people on this forum post T.O.s already and they took the test at the same time I did.

Your military clearance won't help speed things up at all. I have a feeling they're finished with issuing SE tentative offers for a little while, if you want the job and are willing to go SWB I would switch right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            You might want to double check your sources... First time I've ever heard of BPA's "automatically" jumping pay-scales to reach "journeyman" GS-12 from a GL-9. As I understand it their "journeyman" level is GL-9, that is automatic non-competitive "promotion", same as with CBPO's up to GS-12. Anything past that will be a competitive position...
            This is incorrect information. Border Patrol journyman level is in fact GS-12.

FB

Comment

• For those who took the test in july and august and picked the southwest border and got TO, were you able to pick a port within the region yet (or at least the ports you would like to be stationed)?

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                I'm also from Guayanilla but moved to north area now...
                Good to know that there are PR's in this forum
                Well my friend, I dont live in Guayanilla anymore, I moved to Guayama, and i worked at the Airport. How old are you? We might know each other, who knows

Comment

• Originally posted by hatefrost View Post
                  Hey guys I've been watching these forums for a while, and it's been really helpful

Last week I got THE call

Took my PFT2 on friday and passed
                  My EOD was scheduled for 9/26 for SYS
                  and Flect 10/14

But a few minutes ago I got another call saying that my Background has gone into 'pending' again, and due to this my EOD has to be cancelled indefinitely

Has this happened to anyone here? Or maybe one of you knows someone with my situation

What can I expect? How long might this take?

Thank you
                  That's weird. Can you send PM's if not shoot an email address.
                  CBP: CBPO
                  EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• I havent been on here in quite a long time. Looks like there are some people coming to Miami, FL.... How many are coming to the airport out of curiosity?
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• I bit the bullet and switched my location to the SWB in hopes of finally receiving a TO.
                      CBP Officer
                      Initial Application: 11/16/10
                      Test Exam: 12/13/10
                      Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                      New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                      Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                      Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                        For those who took the test in july and august and picked the southwest border and got TO, were you able to pick a port within the region yet (or at least the ports you would like to be stationed)?
                        I tested in July and there was absolutely no option to select a specific ports. The only thing it states was several ports in CA NM AZ and TX.

Test:july 2011 (San Diego)
                        NOR: Aug 2011
                        TSL-phase1 AUG 2011
                        TSL-phase2 AUG 2011
                        VBT/SI OCT 5 2011
                        Medical ?
                        Pft1?
                        Meet BI ?
                        Drug test?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                          I bit the bullet and switched my location to the SWB in hopes of finally receiving a TO.
                          Good for you.......if I could, I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately my wife wouldn't make the move and I'd have to live almost three thousand miles from my family. At this rate, you'll make it back east before I ever even receive a tentative offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                            I havent been on here in quite a long time. Looks like there are some people coming to Miami, FL.... How many are coming to the airport out of curiosity?
                            If all goes well with my PFT2 on Thursday, I'll be there Monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                              I bit the bullet and switched my location to the SWB in hopes of finally receiving a TO.
                              thats exactly what i did

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                                Good for you.......if I could, I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately my wife wouldn't make the move and I'd have to live almost three thousand miles from my family. At this rate, you'll make it back east before I ever even receive a tentative offer.
                                I completely understand where you're coming from and we'll see what happens. From what I've read on this forum and on Delphi, it appears that many ports on the east coast are undermanned... yet, CBP is dedicating just about their entire hiring budget towards the SWB.
                                CBP Officer
                                Initial Application: 11/16/10
                                Test Exam: 12/13/10
                                Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                                New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                                Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                                Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10211 users online. 371 members and 9840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X